Old 03-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Sticking with something hasn't been my problem. I was a vegetarian for 3 years and lost 50 lbs. Then vegan for 1 1/2 years and lost another 15. Then was Paleo for the last year and gained 16 and my lipid panel went up over 30 points. My motivation is that THIS WORKS. Per my home scale this morning I am down 13.2 lbs since I started 4 1/2 weeks ago. I was so tired of being fat and uncomfortable in my body. Not too far down the road it would lead to health problems. Not going to let that happen.

I need to be able to keep up with my grandkids, if I ever get any.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Not sure about ankles, but 1 pound is equal to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #48  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Motivation of the day, I can wear the new pants, now I want them to be comfortable! LOL
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
9 lbs of pressure for every pound lost?? Wow! I am so glad that I can already tell a big difference in my pain level. I hope it goes away completely one day.
It is amazing how much pain being overweight or obese can cause. Much of mine is gone, not thru WL alone but because of WL, I move better and more. The movement and strengthening is what is taking away most of my aches and pains.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #50  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Carbluver & ipcali

I didn't trust myself either but soon found the IP plan to be self motivating b/c it was the easiest plan to stick to that I'd ever done. It has more structure than other plans I'd tried. I think I needed that.

Lisa, I just love the 'you're not allowed to cheat' aspect of IP.

Who woulda thunk it?

I cheated on so many other diets,

and on this one they told me not to ....so I'm not cheating.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by IPCali; 03-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

#1 health and family. I am a widow and single mom to an 8 year old and he can't lose another parent! Already have high blood pressure and just turned 40, so need to make an immediate change for my health and my little boys future.
#2 sick and tired of feeling blah (tired, out of breath, back pain, knee pain, feeling self-conscious).
#3 yeah, I am single again and want to look nice to some day maybe, possibly go on a date....

Last edited by Jillybee123; 03-29-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Jillybee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #52  
journeytohealth

S/C/G: 187/165/145

Height: 5'5

My motivation is- I don't want to get diabetes (which runs in my family) and I want to be healthy and stay around as long as possible for my 7 year old daughter. I also like being able to get out and skate, run, jump with her!
sandradee44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

My motivation is being able to buy the clothing I love and not just what fits me...also don't want to avoid family beach vacations because I'm too self conscious to be in a bathing suit. We're planning a Caribbean cruise later this year and it would be awesome to go to the store and pick a bathing suit I like and not what covers the most surface area.

I'd also like to avoid future health issues....I had GD with my first pregnancy and would like to see if I can avoid it the next time around.
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

My motivation is I'm very active in my town. I'm on several committees and organizations which often leads to my picture being in our newspaper. I'm tired of hiding in the back row or feeling terrible about myself every time I see a picture.
cooluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Looking down at my huge belly, my size 17 pants and 2x shirt... and pictures of me when I was fit
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
My motivation is definitely health related...I don't want to have aches and pains or HBP for that matter but I also want to love the way I look.

For most of my life, I was never overweight and always made fitness and maintaining a healthy weight a priority. Life got busy and I stopped weighing myself and the pounds came on.

I was clinically depressed, had anxiety, etc. because I began to slowly hate myself and the person I saw in the mirror. Why did I let this happen to myself? I don't equate happiness or success to the size of my waist, but feeling so down that I didn't want to go out with friends, go to a pool, or live life because I was always donning the yoga pants was horrible and I had changed from an energetic fun loving person into a home body.

I never, ever, ever, want to feel that way again!
That is exactly what I have felt being over my normal weight. And I want to save those horrible thoughts and feelings in some way so I can remind myself in the weakness moments what I don't want to be anymore.

I sooo understand you!
Deepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #57  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

My motivation is my happiness and confidence, especially to chase positions I know I am capable of in my career, if I could only be confident enough to. Also, my health. I have never been this size and I miss when I could go play any sport, without having to think about "am I fit enough?"
I want my life back Food should not have the power to control me.
MellyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

What motivates me? Waking up every morning feeling great and happy, knowing that I am doing something for ME, that keeps me from feeling sad and depressed like when I was 100 pounds heavier.

I never again want to start my day thinking that I need to get my health and weight under control today and thinking that, like the day before and the day before that, it will never happen.

What else motivates me? The days which go by now where I do not feel, hear, sense the discrimination and distaste with which people treat the obese as if we are stupid idiots and lazy. It is nice to be a "normal" person walking through society and be essentially unnoticed.

How many people would see that as a pleasure in life but for me, I love not having people look at me with disapproval, pretending they don't see me.

So success for me is moving from having people pretend they don't see me to people really not seeing me!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

I have many, many motivating reasons.....
1) My health. Diabetes runs rampant on both sides of my family. I am going to get it, there is no doubt. But, I can work my tail off to prolong it as long as possible.
2) I'm closing in on 30 and desperately want to start a family. I'm giving myself until June 1 to lose as much as possible so that I can phase off and we can hopefully be pregnant by august (I know, I know......things don't EVER work as planned when it comes to these things. But I'm going to try my best!)
And finally 3) my selfish reason.....I want to wear skinny jeans and a sleepless shirt this summer and not feel like a whale!!

Keep up the good work everyone! I love the support of this forum. I read/stalk more than I post, but everyday y'all keep me motivated!
Noodles1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

To finally feel the satisfaction of making it to goal. After many diets in my life, I have never reached goal. I am looking forward to the challenge of becoming a maintainer, as opposed to a dieter.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote