Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #106  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hoping for it to be sunny by then. Yesterday my daughter said there is no sign of spring at the moment though. Just like here...we got another 5+ inches of snow on Monday...and we are not going to see spring temps for the near future around here. Not even a bud on the trees yet.. or forsythia, kittywillows or crocus blooms either....

PS- I did not type "kitty willows"... there must be an auto correct on that word....

OMG THIS made my day! Auto correct on "that word"... Changing it to kitty...LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
That is tough! Do they ever bake cookies? Coz that is what would bring me to my knees
Oh my gosh...my school kitchen bakes the most delicious-smelling cookies every day! The only way I can get through that smell is to tell myself I can occasionally have homemade ones once I am in maintenance. The cookies at school are frozen, but oh, do they smell FAB every darn day! Thank goodness I cannot smell them in my classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Reenhag, hear ya on the bland veggies. Yesterday was a big day for me. I went through the decision here on 3FC, with a close friend (or 2) and my mom. I ultimately decided that I set a goal for a reason and it's important to get there. I don't want to look back and say, well I decided to try something else (even though what I was doing was working). I can continue to go through P1 in a boring state and risk an explosion (which I don't want) or I can begin to start spicing it up again, like I did in the beginning.

Let's not allow ourselves to get bored in any way because it may set us up to fail! We've worked way too hard to let that happen!
Sounds like a great plan with lots of support from your momma and friends! Spice it up, lady! We can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
Had my WI in today and for being OP, I was disappointed, only 1.2 pounds. My coach said it is most probably due to my TOM. Trying to continue through it and not let the numbers get to me. Even my ketone strip showed I was spilling moderate ketones. Was expecting a lot more but it is what it is. Continuing on!
Hey, down a pound is down a pound! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I found a great motivator to get my last 20 pounds off yesterday... we were browsing in the little shops in Kihei and I found a dress that I've been looking EVERYWHERE for!! It has black side panels and a blue middle... very slimming.. so I bought it in a smaller size and because I love it soooo much, I'm determined to get into it for all of my summer weddings!!

My determination has been waining since I'm in holiday mode, I'm hoping to keep that dress in mind for the rest of my holiday so I'll stay on track!
Excellent motivator, cannot wait to see a pic of this dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
I started Ideal Protein 3 days ago but the prices are crazy. I have to buy next week's supply by the weekend, A friend recommended I try Proti Diet as an alternative, has anyone tried or know of this product.
I enjoy the Proti Diet products from Nashua Nutrition. I also enjoy some of the more IP compliant Quest bars (I buy them from GNC Stores) and Detour bars and EAS Shakes (from warehouse clubs like Costco). Best of luck on this journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
WI #2: -1 lb. Not as much as I was hoping, but moving in the right direction. I had an appointment with my MD last Friday and I weighed 185 (-3.4 lbs) on his scale. I know it's a different scale, though.

But I have lost 2" off my waist and 2" off my hips! And 1/2" around my neck! Crazy! Didn't realize I had that much around my neck to lose!
Excellent! Way to go! No disappointment in a pound lower!

Quote:
PROTEIN REDISTRIBUTION REPORT:

Having an egg with lunch worked a treat! It still felt like a huge amount to eat, but at least I was able to finish it in the amount of time I had. Dinner was much easier -ended up having scrambled eggs because I didn't get my fish defrosted in time. I still feel really full, but at least I don't feel like I'm going to get sick from stuffing too much food in my tummy! Thank you to all who helped me figure this out

BTW, kale chips totally ROCK! Made them for the 1st time this evening
Glad you had some success with changing up your meals.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
That is tough! Do they ever bake cookies? Coz that is what would bring me to my knees
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Oh my gosh...my school kitchen bakes the most delicious-smelling cookies every day! The only way I can get through that smell is to tell myself I can occasionally have homemade ones once I am in maintenance. The cookies at school are frozen, but oh, do they smell FAB every darn day! Thank goodness I cannot smell them in my classroom.
They occasionally make cookies, from frozen, and they do smell good, but rarely. It's the grilled cheese and the fajitas that I love. Luckily, each of those only come up about once a month.

Pepperoni pizza, OTOH, comes up twice a week ... and when before-school choir starts up again after testing gets done, breakfast sometimes smells REALLY good....

Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #108  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
They occasionally make cookies, from frozen, and they do smell good, but rarely. It's the grilled cheese and the fajitas that I love. Luckily, each of those only come up about once a month.

Pepperoni pizza, OTOH, comes up twice a week ... and when before-school choir starts up again after testing gets done, breakfast sometimes smells REALLY good....

LOL The trials of being a teacher- who would have EVER thought lunch would be an issue? Our kitchen does grilled cheese every darn day, and they look so perfect! And yes, the breakfast smells delish! We have "breakfast for lunch" once a week. I am glad I only have to drop off the kids and fill my cup with ice, and then I can get outta there!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #109  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I hear you on the exercise! I miss the feeling of a good workout, but I am wary of jumping back in just yet. I DO NOT want to lose any more of my precious muscle mass. What do you do for exercise? Once the ice clears the sidewalks around here, I'm hoping to get some walking done
Well, I was doing boot camp once a week but that was with the assistance of the boot camp leader, whereby, I did the lower impact side of things, no running in between sets and lower weights. I was also playing tennis twice a week (it's not icy and snowy here!). I would like to start walking but I'm lacking the motivation. Working 15+ hours a day isn't conducive to getting up early for a walk!

Once things are less crazy, I may join the local gym, if they have pump weight classes. Love those! Would like to get into Zumba, even without any sense of rhythm but will definitely wait on that until I'm out of Phase 1.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 195/--/145

Height: 5'5

This is my 4th day on IP. Yesterday I felt extremely nauseated and had a horrible headache. Today I still have my headache and nothing seems to take it away. Any suggestions and please tell me this will go away. I am drinking a ton of water and eating everything.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Sarah- put salt in your hand and lick it or add it to water. The salt will help the headache.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #112  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Well, I was doing boot camp once a week but that was with the assistance of the boot camp leader, whereby, I did the lower impact side of things, no running in between sets and lower weights. I was also playing tennis twice a week (it's not icy and snowy here!). I would like to start walking but I'm lacking the motivation. Working 15+ hours a day isn't conducive to getting up early for a walk!

Once things are less crazy, I may join the local gym, if they have pump weight classes. Love those! Would like to get into Zumba, even without any sense of rhythm but will definitely wait on that until I'm out of Phase 1.
I have always wanted to try Zumba, but never had the courage to join a class. I'm hoping to get back to my kettlebells in a couple of weeks, which is why I would like to get walking first. Gotta get my body used to moving again!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Sarah 0509, I'm on day 14 today and that first week was horrible, but push through and it will definitely get better. The salt trick suggested above is a good one, also make sure that you're taking your multivitamin after you eat instead of before as it can make you feel nauseated if it's on an empty stomach (learned that one the hard way). I hope that tomorrow is a better day.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #114  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Even though it's common to plateau for a few in weeks 4 and 5 it still takes some excitement out of the process. , not really seeing inches go either, hard to say though, my measurements are always up and down I don't think my coach gets the same spot each time, I do some at home and am seeing some small changes. Now I started having dreams about cheating again lol. I was having them the first week or so, but then they were gone. Now last night it started by licking the frosting off my fingers, then I went to the movies and somehow accidentally drank a whole pepsi and then ate popcorn. I actually woke up and had to think about whether it was real! LOL
Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #115  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Love that Lisa! Thanks for it!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #116  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Havent been on here in a while, I have been busy looking for and applying to new jobs, I have had about 4 meetings/interviews in the past 4 days!! Very excited to start a new chapter in my life/career. I have finally made it to 50 lbs gone!! Hope everyone has a great evening
Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Question

HELP!!!!! How far apart should your meals be???? just got home from work about to have my Proti Diet chicken noodle soup. I am a newbie.....3rd day......

Last edited by Nas145; 03-19-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc85 View Post
Havent been on here in a while, I have been busy looking for and applying to new jobs, I have had about 4 meetings/interviews in the past 4 days!! Very excited to start a new chapter in my life/career. I have finally made it to 50 lbs gone!! Hope everyone has a great evening
Congrats, and good luck!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Saw this on Pinterest this evening and thought everyone here would enjoy it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Saw this on Pinterest this evening and thought everyone here would enjoy it!
Funny thing, I was just mentioning on another thread. After 90+ lbs! I still don't feel like I look that different. I'm glad I saved my "before" outfit and took those pics. I still have the same flaws I did 90+ lbs heavier. The same problem spots. Glad I have pics for a reality check

Lisa
Closed Thread