Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Well. Today was definitely a day where it was hard having my classroom next to the kitchen ... they were making one of my favorites for lunch (grilled cheese. I am definitely missing cheese right now.) I ate my IP lunch, but I was really hungry by the time lunch rolled around.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:04 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I am going to see my daughter today. We have not seen her since we took her to Ohare on January 8. We have skyped once, and phoned a couple of times, but she is very busy. We get to see her in a show and then we are caravaning back because she is coming home for a few days on spring break.

I am preparing a cooler and P3 is easy to travel on. I also am bringing my swim gear. The Y there takes away members for free which is nice.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I am going to see my daughter today. We have not seen her since we took her to Ohare on January 8. We have skyped once, and phoned a couple of times, but she is very busy. We get to see her in a show and then we are caravaning back because she is coming home for a few days on spring break.

I am preparing a cooler and P3 is easy to travel on. I also am bringing my swim gear. The Y there takes away members for free which is nice.
drd...I remember us both commenting on the snow and sub zero temps back then as I had just returned from Chicago for the holidays...we have stayed away from flying into O hare and therefore not seen our kids either...too much bad weather and predictable flight delays over the last 2+ months to even think about it. But, now in process of making reservations to go for a week ...kid's ballet recital weekend in May (still 2 months away though) and my GDs 12th B-day!

Hoping for it to be sunny by then. Yesterday my daughter said there is no sign of spring at the moment though. Just like here...we got another 5+ inches of snow on Monday...and we are not going to see spring temps for the near future around here. Not even a bud on the trees yet.. or forsythia, kittywillows or crocus blooms either....
If we were smart..we would go back to the other daughter's ..in Austin for another week!! At least they are having some pretty nice weather daily now!

You drive safe....and enjoy your daughter..!!!
Gotta love Indiana (spent a few years in West Lafayette before moving east) and Illinois in the spring and fall.....Hope you get some clear sunny days soon... and no more snow while your daughter is home.

PS- I did not type "kitty willows"... there must be an auto correct on that word....

Last edited by 65X65; 03-19-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Thanks, it is actually suppose to be up near 70 tomorrow, both here and Nebraska. And then back to cold next week. I cannot wait for the grass to green. Right now we still have ugly dirty snow piles.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #65  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Work has been so crazy lately that I haven't been able to exercise. Decided that it wasn't such a bad thing as I was thinking that it might have been having an effect on my losses even with the extra packet. My coach was also becoming concerned that my lean mass was going down. So the past two weeks, instead of my usual 1.5 down on the scale, it's been 3 and 2 lbs so perhaps the no exercising is better for the weight loss?!! I like the feeling of exercising though.

To be honest, work is so stressful, and I'm sleeping so badly that I was surprised I lost at all. I've heard that stress hinders weightloss so maybe once things improve at work, there will be an even bigger whoosh. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #66  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Well. Today was definitely a day where it was hard having my classroom next to the kitchen ... they were making one of my favorites for lunch (grilled cheese. I am definitely missing cheese right now.) I ate my IP lunch, but I was really hungry by the time lunch rolled around.
That is tough! Do they ever bake cookies? Coz that is what would bring me to my knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Work has been so crazy lately that I haven't been able to exercise. Decided that it wasn't such a bad thing as I was thinking that it might have been having an effect on my losses even with the extra packet. My coach was also becoming concerned that my lean mass was going down. So the past two weeks, instead of my usual 1.5 down on the scale, it's been 3 and 2 lbs so perhaps the no exercising is better for the weight loss?!! I like the feeling of exercising though.

To be honest, work is so stressful, and I'm sleeping so badly that I was surprised I lost at all. I've heard that stress hinders weightloss so maybe once things improve at work, there will be an even bigger whoosh. Fingers crossed.
I hear you on the exercise! I miss the feeling of a good workout, but I am wary of jumping back in just yet. I DO NOT want to lose any more of my precious muscle mass. What do you do for exercise? Once the ice clears the sidewalks around here, I'm hoping to get some walking done
Old 03-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #67  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you weighing/measuring everything raw?
8 oz meat cooked is way more than 8 oz raw and then cooked (it cooks down).
Same with veggies. 2 c. raw veggies cooks down quite a bit
If it is still too much then consider having some with lunch.

But if you do that, remember, 2 oz cooked meat at lunch isn't 2 oz raw meat.

If you added food to lunch, yes, you'd still need your 3 packets per day.

I also eat my dinner fairly early (5-5:30 ish). Not super full by bed time.
Thanks! I will be adding a hard cooked egg to my lunch, and was planning on fish for dinner this evening. What you recommend for a raw portion of fish?

It is sooooooo nice having a panel of wisdom sharers
Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Thanks! I will be adding a hard cooked egg to my lunch, and was planning on fish for dinner this evening. What you recommend for a raw portion of fish?

It is sooooooo nice having a panel of wisdom sharers
Raw fish is 8 oz. for the serving.
If you're adding an egg to lunch, it gets a tad fuzzy b/c 4 whole eggs + 2 whites = a protein serving, so if it were me, I'd measure 6.5 oz raw fish

I add hard boiled egg to pre-gym snack (right after work) if I'm super hungry. Works well!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-19-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

I left and now I'm back. I've missed "visiting" with IP daily chat. Had a victory...traveled, ate in a lot of restaurants, and still came back with a 3.4 lb loss. That was for 2 weeks. My sister in law gushed at my loss...my parents didn't even notice or didn't say anything if they did. :-( I'm having a great time shopping in my own closet. I have some cute yet classic things that I couldn't get rid of as I gained weight. Now I look forward to thinning out closet and getting rid of the fat clothes. I don't want to enable myself to go back.
Got to get on the tread mill and get my day going! Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by Vippysue; 03-19-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #70  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! I feel like I haven't been on here forever. Thought I had better stop in to say hello!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!! I feel like I haven't been on here forever. Thought I had better stop in to say hello!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Reenhag, hear ya on the bland veggies. Yesterday was a big day for me. I went through the decision here on 3FC, with a close friend (or 2) and my mom. I ultimately decided that I set a goal for a reason and it's important to get there. I don't want to look back and say, well I decided to try something else (even though what I was doing was working). I can continue to go through P1 in a boring state and risk an explosion (which I don't want) or I can begin to start spicing it up again, like I did in the beginning.

I looked at what I was eating everyday. Like you, I liked what I was eating. There are also other foods I was not eating, but still liked. This goes for IP packets and veggies. I'm going to get my packets today (I can't weigh in because the only time I can go today, she's booked) and I have a list of all the different types I want. I usually buy 3 boxes of my fave things (maple oatmeal, salt vinegar crisps, Ready to eat pudding) but I'm going to try others!

last night I made a pretty delish salad and topped it with a stir fry of Cauli-Rice, zucchini, and chicken, I put some buffalo Tabasco sauce on it. I normally don't like to cook at night but realize that in order to enjoy P1, I have to spice it up! For breakfast this AM, I turned my normal IP maple oatmeal into a muffin by using 1 egg and some baking powder! Just a different way to eat it-makes it feel like I'm eating 'real food'! Let's not allow ourselves to get bored in any way because it may set us up to fail! We've worked way too hard to let that happen!

HulaChick-Let us know how your WI goes today! You'll do awesome. I remember my first few WI's, I felt on top of the world for finally tackling this task.

1102go-Welcome! We're very close in stats, you'll do great!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post

Great Job RosiePosie! You must look and feel pretty amazing! I was hoping to start walking once everything melts and defrosts over here, don't want to fall down on ice, but I am very ambivalent about doing something more intense. Once I reach my goal and phase off, then I will start to do something more intense.

I am having my first TOM since starting the program, it came kind of very late, but that is expected with such a change in diet. Hopefully I will get rid of this water retention before my next weigh in. I am feeling kind of crappy today, the only good thing is that I did not experience any PMS.

As for the veggies, protein, my coach said to have 8oz cooked and that is what I have been having. I eyeball my veggies, but I am eating mostly cucumbers and lettuce that I am not worried that I am overeating on them. I started steaming my other veggies such as zucchini, mushrooms, kale, so they do not "shrink" as much as when I was cooking them. I am a creature of habit, so I tend to have most of the same things all the time.

Have a great OP day y'all!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool Tis was my breakfast this AM

Today I can tell that I would need more this AM to help keep me full until lunch.

So this was my breakfast

2 eggs with fresh cilantro, 1 Tbs of tomatoes, 1/2 a mushroom finely diced, salt, pepper and garlic . then placed on romaine leaves with home dressing and a few diced onions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg.jpg (29.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by sarahBell; 03-19-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Today has been really tough. I'm on day 9. I am dealing with the big c despite having lettuce salads and eating my veggies and being OP 100%. I'm going to try some miralax (doctor said to use it when I needed). I was really ready to quit bc I was achy and didn't sleep well. However with some support from family and friends I am forging on. Whiny rant over.
Closed Thread