Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
65, thank you for that. I do feel like my mind is screaming ENOUGH ALREADY! It is around the 6.5 month mark for me. My goal in regards to a number is 160. My real goal is to wear a bathing suit confidently. Whether that be at 170, 165, 160..we shall see. It's definitely not right now. I'm in a size 10 but would love to be a 6 or 8. Don't know if that's realistic. My cousin and I are built identically and she weighs 155 and is a size 6, sometimes 8. My new coach measures every 3 weeks. I loved getting measured every week because I always saw more results in it. She said because our body changes so much with bloating, etc...she doesn't like to measure every week. The way she looks at the measuring is how I look at the scale. It can change so much throughout the day.

I do exercise. Pilates (2xweek) Yoga (2xweek) and recently I've been getting in about 10,000 steps/day with my fitbit.

I did blood work on 1/2/2014. My results shocked my doctor (Wahoo!) but she still wanted me to keep loosing. Of course, I was 199 when I saw her then. I told her I wanted to get to 160 and she liked that. I also have PCOS so whatever I do for maintenance needs to keep that in mind. My blood work showed high levels of testosterone. They think it's because of the amount of soy i'm eating. They want to retest a few months after I finish IP to make sure it goes down. They are not worried about it enough for me to stop IP.

I was trying to convince myself this AM that I needed to phase off now and learn my new way of eating so that I can lose weight and eat normally. Why must I try to tell myself that? Obviously it hasn't worked in the past. This is what works. I just need to dive into the recipe thread and spice up my meals some more!
You are doing so much right...you will make the right decision for you. Suggest you may need to do something above and beyond the normal things you do at the moment to pamper you, and as a reward for the effort so far. Let it be something that serves as a motivator to keep it up just a while longer. Depending on your budget...I suggest a bracelet...something you can wear every single day, look at it and KNOW what you've done...see it and touch it...then smile and keep going. Add a bead bracelet? One bead for each month, every 10 lbs??? Even the hobby stores have reasonable chains and offer a variety of inexpensive beads.....Even if you already have another bracelet....Start a new one. Only do beads for your mini goals related to this journey, what ever they were or still are. Wear it every day.

PS--If you want measured every week at this point that is YOUR call...not the clinic or the coach...smile and INSIST. If they are worth their salt they will not try to railroad what you need at this point. You are not a newbie...

Last edited by 65X65; 03-18-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

That's a good idea. I'll have to run by Hobby Lobby and check it out! I think I will tell her that tomorrow. I need the measurements...I can do them myself with a friend!

Last edited by ems70508; 03-18-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy1979 View Post
So i've decided to do ip again, second time around. I went in to get some ip food and discovered they are not selling any of the products anymore. so i bought what i could from them, which wasnt very much left there, and now I dont have anywhere to get ip stuff, unless i order it online. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives I can use that I can get in Canada, since now there is no where for me to buy here?
Hi Michy. Check out the Canada thread for ideas on products and where to get them. (I tend to buy online from lowcarbgrocery.com and well.ca, but lots of Canucks buy from Costco, Superstore/Loblaws, etc.)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-vol-2-a.html
Old 03-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Awesome to start off my day to read the encouraging messages from everyone. Do any of you have recipes that you have tried and enjoyed? I do find following the IP program using alternatives, it is quite restrictive and I sometimes become bored with eating the same things.

Last edited by Runner68girl; 03-18-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: wanted to add something else!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

I saw a different Beck quote today:
Tuesday Reality Check:
It tends to only be when dieters are off track and struggling that they wonder, “Is it worth it to keep putting in the effort?” When they’re on track and feeling in control, they don’t struggle with this question. If you’re asking yourself, “Is it worth it?” remind yourself that once you’re back on track and feeling great, the answer is always YES

edited to add: having a senior moment
Lisa did post today's quote-its a good one!

Last edited by mckaren4; 03-18-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #21  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Still not feeling well today and since I stayed home from work I thought I'd try the IP zucchini muffins everyone talks about. I made two batches, ones with the IP maple oatmeal and I tried one with the IP chocolate pudding. The maple oatmeal ones were good, a little less salt, I think my pinch was too big. The chocolate pudding ones I threw out, the texture didn't come out right and maybe it's just cause I don't feel well but out they went. Now to see if I even hold anything down. I'm off to the store for some sugar free jello made with sucralose that someone told me about.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck Diet Tuesday Reality Check

If you have the thought [about practicing a diet skill], “Is this really going to make a difference?” remind yourself that the answer is YES, it does make a difference because every time has consequences for the next time and the time after that. If your goal is to lose weight and keep it off, then it DOES make a difference. You don’t even need to engage with that thought because it will only undermine your efforts. Remind yourself that it does make a difference and then move on.
Right on!!!! That is so true. Thanks for sharing that......I don't have the book but have been looking at it online.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Still not feeling well today and since I stayed home from work I thought I'd try the IP zucchini muffins everyone talks about. I made two batches, ones with the IP maple oatmeal and I tried one with the IP chocolate pudding. The maple oatmeal ones were good, a little less salt, I think my pinch was too big. The chocolate pudding ones I threw out, the texture didn't come out right and maybe it's just cause I don't feel well but out they went. Now to see if I even hold anything down. I'm off to the store for some sugar free jello made with sucralose that someone told me about.
You used the dry pudding mix and not the pre-made pudding, yes?

My muffins turned out super weird last nite. I made banana (w/ banana pudding). Maybe I used too much baking powder.
They poofed up really big & then fell. Ended up hollow inside. Super weird. Never happened before. I'm eating them for lunch anyway (but I'm not sick)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I saw a different Beck quote today:
Tuesday Reality Check:
It tends to only be when dieters are off track and struggling that they wonder, “Is it worth it to keep putting in the effort?” When they’re on track and feeling in control, they don’t struggle with this question. If you’re asking yourself, “Is it worth it?” remind yourself that once you’re back on track and feeling great, the answer is always YES

edited to add: having a senior moment
Lisa did post today's quote-its a good one!
When I post it before the Beck site has posted for the day, I just go back and get a previous one for a previous Tuesday reality check

They do Monday Motivation
Tuesday Reality Check
Wednesday Sabatage
Think Thin Thursday
Friday Weekend Warm up
Old 03-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

My muffins turned out super weird last nite. I made banana (w/ banana pudding). Maybe I used too much baking powder.
They poofed up really big & then fell. Ended up hollow inside. Super weird. Never happened before. I'm eating them for lunch anyway (but I'm not sick)
I learned from one of the videos that it's a good idea to beat the eggs and other ingredients with the whisk, but once you add the packet to use a spatula. My first attempt at muffins did the same as yours. I used the whisk for the whole recipe and they poofed up and then collapsed. Because I'm super cheap, I ate them any way. Once I stopped using the whisk, they come out dense and moist. They have become my new favorite.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off! Tried the new IP MINT BAR! It's a nice treat!

Last edited by dlr9774; 03-18-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I learned from one of the videos that it's a good idea to beat the eggs and other ingredients with the whisk, but once you add the packet to use a spatula. My first attempt at muffins did the same as yours. I used the whisk for the whole recipe and they poofed up and then collapsed. Because I'm super cheap, I ate them any way. Once I stopped using the whisk, they come out dense and moist. They have become my new favorite.
Weird. I've been making them the exact same way for over a year and they've always come out fine (unless I underbaked them...user error!)
I've always whisked. I use my stand mixer. Beat the egg whites, add zucchini, baking powder & seasonings, & last mix in the packet(s). I typically make 4 batches at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off!
yes. yes it does

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #28  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Treated myself to a haircut today. Stepped outside the box and changed my style after wear ingot he same thing for at least 5 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #29  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:

Yes, I used the dry pudding mix, I ended up having to pull the oatmeal ones out of the muffin pan and I tried cooking the others longer, after about 10 minutes longer I didn't think it was going to help anymore. They had kind of a pudding consistency in the middle and then were really flaky and dry on the outside.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

oh my gosh ya'll. So I attempted to be creative with lunch today. Never doing that again! I used strawberry pudding, mixed it to the consistency of pancake batter, and put it in my waffle maker. Or to be exact, my husbands waffle maker. It's still there. I have no idea how the heck I'm going to get the black chard remnants of it out. haha. oh if you don't laugh at yourself what can you do? I used the rest of the batter and put it in a skillet...cooked some rhubarb and combined them. It was really good! No more waffle irons for me though...lol!
Closed Thread