Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-17-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #2  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Another day...another snowstorm. Unreal. About 7" -- which is a lot for the DC Metro. Working from home...again. (I don't mind not commuting for sure)

IP POWER to you and Happy St Patrick's Day - a day to celebrate eating your green veggies
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning! Another day...another snowstorm. Unreal. About 7" -- which is a lot for the DC Metro. Working from home...again. (I don't mind not commuting for sure)

IP POWER to you and Happy St Patrick's Day - a day to celebrate eating your green veggies
Ughhhh...ditto on this snowy mess..we are a little further north...and are looking at about 5... But it's still snowing. We still had snow from the last winter drop.

Not sure we will ever be going to see green! I made a dozen very DARK GREEN St Patty's cards for family this year. The color was just the thing.......
"May the road rise up ....." To you fellow IPers...in honor of my mother.
The first with out her.
Rainbows and the best to all.....

Last edited by 65X65; 03-17-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry for your loss, 65 x 65. The first year has so many difficult milestones.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Lots of good NSVs for me. 10 weeks on plan today, and I think the ball is really rolling for me now; I see improvement in how my clothes fit everyday. I had someone notice that I've lost weight, which felt so great. A few other compliments about hair/clothes, which I'm interpreting as people just noticing that there's something different about my appearance.

Attended a couple of social events that made being 100% difficult, but I stayed close enough that I'm satisfied and can call the weekend a success. Had a fantastic antipasto tray at a bridal shower, so I loaded up on delicious grilled veggies there, as well as frutti di mare, the broth of which, I'm sure wasn't 100%, but I successfully resisted the lasagna, eggplant parm, and fresh gingerbread, so I'll consider it a victory!

Happy Saint Pats to all!

Last edited by trinny; 03-17-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning to all! It's a great day, day 2 for me back on P1. Stocked up on great veggies and protein yesterday, so I'm ready to go. My first challenge is a business trip starting tomorrow for 3 days. But I am prepared and know what to do to stay OP. A bit worried about the headaches, but have to go through it to get to ketosis.

PurpleMomster, I need to research the different fitbits. Not sure I would like a wrist one, I'm not a watch wearer.

Glad you were able to take a break when needed and that you had a great vacation. I am using alternatives from Nashua Nutrition (proti-thin so far) and it seems quite comparable. I have a mailbox in the U.S., so that makes it much easier. I also have some left over stuff from IP and will miss the cereal and potato. I might go back to my clinic after a while. I did quite like it there, I'll see how it goes.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Sorry for all you getting more snow - we're just having rain, lots and lots of rain. I'm ready for Spring to really hit and give us sunshine at least part of the time.

65 - thinking of you as you go through this first year. It's hard, I know.

Trinny - congrats on people starting to notice, isn't it fun? I got a lot of "did you change your hair?" comments when I started losing. Not so much now since it's rather obvious I have lost weight - I do get the occasional "have you lost weight?" Uh, yeah, maybe a pound or two.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Nashua Coupon

Morning all and Happy St. Pat's!!

Just popping in to say that Nashua Nutrition is having a $15 off any orders over $150 with the code "CLOVER". Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Some interesting articles from cathe.com.

http://cathe.com/good-fats-versus-ba...vegetable-oils
http://cathe.com/5-surprising-facts-...blood-pressure
Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Ughhhh...ditto on this snowy mess..we are a little further north...and are looking at about 5... But it's still snowing. We still had snow from the last winter drop.

Not sure we will ever be going to see green! I made a dozen very DARK GREEN St Patty's cards for family this year. The color was just the thing.......
"May the road rise up ....." To you fellow IPers...in honor of my mother.
The first with out her.
Rainbows and the best to all.....
I love the idea of the very dark green cards - how funny!

Hugs to you thinking of your mother. It is so hard the first year when each special day is the 1st time without a loved one. Sometimes it was so hard because my mind slipped and I forgot I did not have her and almost picked up the telephone to call her. Those hurt. Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Happy Paddy's Day!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend......I sure did and I am down another 1.5 lbs. Yippee//////new numbers.

Favorite quote: "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #11  

Yesterday I felt so excited that I have lost enough weight that planning for new clothes is called for. I had gotten down to the size 16's I had bought but I was aware they were not going to fit much longer. But because we are in the midst of a move, I was going to wait.

As I parked the car in front of my best thrift store last night to drop off donations (more packing for moving!) I heard an announcement through the open door that announced starting at 7PM, all clothes would be 60% off!

Serendipity because it was well after 7PM by the time I was ready to pay. For $33 I got 2 pairs of designer jeans, 1 pair stretch dress slacks, an adorable kicky pleated front jeans skirt, 6 knit tops, a sheath dress, and a purse. I am wearing the skirt today and feel young and flirty. Time to take DH out to lunch, I think.

Virtue is its own reward? Thank goodness I am only 1/2 a mile from one of the best thrift stores around - too bad I am moving but that is a journey I will happily make!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #12  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday to all! Here I am again...regretting some VERY poor choices again. I hate that I'm going through this, but the support here has been wonderful. Yep...cheated again yesterday. My daughter had a surprise birthday party for her boyfriend yesterday. A handful of peanut m&ms here, and few bites of cake there, a big handful of chips there...just kept picking at stuff. WHY?!?!?! Why do I do this to myself? I was so good for the first 10 weeks on IP, never once snuck a bite of anything. Yet now, I feel like every few days, I'm grabbing something I shouldn't and then somehow justifying it with "well it wasn't just a couple bites, not a huge cheat." ANY cheat is a huge cheat, because it leads to more little bites that all add up. I'm so darn frustrated with myself right now. I'm sure I went out of ketosis and now will have to get back in...just like I did last week. SOOOO mad. I know that I need to be 100% to truly succeed. I know that that is the only way (obviously I can't handle even being 99%). I know what needs to be done, now I need to have the solid will power and strength to make that happen again.

On the plus side, my fitbit is keeping me motivated to move. I did over 5000 steps the last two days. No rain today, just sunny blue skies, so I think I'll get back out and get motivated.

I'm going to dive into my Made to Crave 60 Day Devotional and get some inspiration there. I caught up on my Ideal Protein videos that get sent to me everyday...hadn't watched them in a week. I will fight through the battles of the cheats. Got rid of all the leftover candy and chips in the house to rid me of the temptations.

Could use any positive energy you could send my way. Going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move forward.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #13  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Yesterday I felt so excited that I have lost enough weight that planning for new clothes is called for. I had gotten down to the size 16's I had bought but I was aware they were not going to fit much longer. But because we are in the midst of a move, I was going to wait.

As I parked the car in front of my best thrift store last night to drop off donations (more packing for moving!) I heard an announcement through the open door that announced starting at 7PM, all clothes would be 60% off!

Serendipity because it was well after 7PM by the time I was ready to pay. For $33 I got 2 pairs of designer jeans, 1 pair stretch dress slacks, an adorable kicky pleated front jeans skirt, 6 knit tops, a sheath dress, and a purse. I am wearing the skirt today and feel young and flirty. Time to take DH out to lunch, I think.

Virtue is its own reward? Thank goodness I am only 1/2 a mile from one of the best thrift stores around - too bad I am moving but that is a journey I will happily make!

Awesome!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Happy Monday to all! Here I am again...regretting some VERY poor choices again. SOOOO mad. I know that I need to be 100% to truly succeed. I know that that is the only way (obviously I can't handle even being 99%. I know what needs to be done, now I need to have the solid will power and strength to make that happen again.

Could use any positive energy you could send my way. Going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move forward.
I think emptying your cupboard of everything, and I mean everything, that is not IP is a good idea - both cathartic and makes your planning choices ones you can follow because there are no goodies. I speak from experience because I have been known to take my granddaughter's Nerds and Skittles, neither of which I like!

I wish I had the magic answer, but perhaps it is a bit different for each one of us. For me what seems to have worked is to just try for ONE perfect day. I tell myself I can do anything for one day, yes? I have self talks reminding myself that I am stronger than that and it is only ONE day. I h=only have to be strong enough for now to tackle this particular moment. When that passes, and it generally does, I go onto the next time I want to cheat and do the same thing.

The repeat the next day and the next and it seems to get easier. This is not an issue that goes away easily but for those who have lost successfully on IP, you are the proof that you can do this. You are not weak, you are capable and strong and this moment, whenever it strikes, it but an instant, and we can all stay strong for an instant?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I love the idea of the very dark green cards - how funny!

Hugs to you thinking of your mother. It is so hard the first year when each special day is the 1st time without a loved one. Sometimes it was so hard because my mind slipped and I forgot I did not have her and almost picked up the telephone to call her. Those hurt. Know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you and others for your kind thoughts. St. Patty's day was all hers...the family is predominately Italian...so she took a lot of razzing!! St. Patty's day was her day to invoke the leprechauns and magic spells.....and wish Rainbows of Happiness on us all in spite of the teasing she took.
The rainbow snapshot is a real photo I took overlooking the Salt lake City valley years ago...and I have always used it with my sinature in March when ever I can. My mother would have liked this year's card design...and I felt her approval...and the influence of that leprechaun she said was always hanging around when I made the cards!! The inside had the Irish Blessing... which of course she had a zillion copies of all over the house...and we had the verse printed on her memorial mass cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image.jpg (19.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by 65X65; 03-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Closed Thread