Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #16  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did, but it was too quick and now I am in the middle of another busy, stressful day. But, taking a break eating my lunch and checking out the forum.

I ordered "The Beck Diet Solution" on CD so I can start listening to it during my commute. It will be delivered Thursday. From what I can tell from everyone's posts here, it seems like a good tool/resource and I definitely want to keep the weight off once it is all off.

Carol
Old 03-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

I'm going for my first ever weigh in, in an hour and a half. Very Excited. Also, I saw a picture in a thread this week about not remembering a binge after 30 mins but remembering the regret 3 hours later. It helped so much this week when things got tough. Thanks to whoever posted that. The post about an Ip'ers friend being in rehab and learning to never take the first sip aka bite for IP was also life changing on my perspective. Thanks again.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I have read several comments about watching IP videos. Are those online somewhere?

I do not have much of a "coach." I go into the doctor's office and weigh, then purchase my products for the next week. I think I'm going to check out another source in my area to see if they provide better customer service. This forum has been SO helpful and I have appreciated everything I have learned here, especially since I'm not getting any personal coaching at the doctor's office.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

So I had lunch with my team today. I planned around it, ordered a steak and steamed veggies, with the plan to have what I usually have for lunch (IP pack and Veggies) for dinner. I ordered a steak with steamed veggies as there were no appropriate salad options. They gave me so few veggies, nowhere near two cups, that I feel that I am not that full. It will be a long day, I am having my IP snack earlier than usually. At least I can load up on veggies at dinner.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So I had lunch with my team today. I planned around it, ordered a steak and steamed veggies, with the plan to have what I usually have for lunch (IP pack and Veggies) for dinner. I ordered a steak with steamed veggies as there were no appropriate salad options. They gave me so few veggies, nowhere near two cups, that I feel that I am not that full. It will be a long day, I am having my IP snack earlier than usually. At least I can load up on veggies at dinner.
Good plan...it seems the salads and veggies "out" are often on the chintzy side though in restarurants.

One thing I used to do when I was P1 - 2, was make a point of asking to skip the potatoes and rolls...and ask for double veggies...That rarely brought me TOO much...!! Make a point of telling the waiter...or whoever...my plans were to skip the starches...therefore wanted MORE veggies. So many people don't eat or barely touch veggies...it's scarey! Sometimes it seems they are more like a garnish for everything else. That is why the portions are usually on the light side....so don't be afraid to ask for double! After all...they aren't bring you the potato etc..

Last edited by 65X65; 03-17-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good plan...it seems the salads and veggies "out" are often on the chintzy side though in restarurants.

One thing I used to do when I was P1 - 2, was make a point of asking to skip the potatoes and rolls...and ask for double veggies...That rarely brought me TOO much...!! Make a point of telling the waiter...or whoever...my plans were to skip the starches...therefore wanted MORE veggies. So many people don't eat or barely touch veggies...it's scarey! Sometimes it seems they are more like a garnish for everything else. That is why the portions are usually on the light side....so don't be afraid to ask for double! After all...they aren't bring you the potato etc..
I will insist on more veggies next time. I spend $20 for that meal! I just had my IP wildberry yogurt and herbal tea and feel much better.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Had my weigh in today, and I am OFFICIALLY out of the 180s!! I rewarded myself with clothes shopping!!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #23  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I think emptying your cupboard of everything, and I mean everything, that is not IP is a good idea - both cathartic and makes your planning choices ones you can follow because there are no goodies. I speak from experience because I have been known to take my granddaughter's Nerds and Skittles, neither of which I like!

I wish I had the magic answer, but perhaps it is a bit different for each one of us. For me what seems to have worked is to just try for ONE perfect day. I tell myself I can do anything for one day, yes? I have self talks reminding myself that I am stronger than that and it is only ONE day. I h=only have to be strong enough for now to tackle this particular moment. When that passes, and it generally does, I go onto the next time I want to cheat and do the same thing.

The repeat the next day and the next and it seems to get easier. This is not an issue that goes away easily but for those who have lost successfully on IP, you are the proof that you can do this. You are not weak, you are capable and strong and this moment, whenever it strikes, it but an instant, and we can all stay strong for an instant?

Thank you...I truly appreciate the support. I know that I have to set a daily goal for 100% and stick to it. Maybe I'll make myself a "gold star chart"
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #24  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Went to weigh in feeling fine this morning and then got hit with some stomach thing, what the heck? I handled the cold fine and stayed OP but I rarely get stomach bugs and when I do it's all crackers and 7up... I just want a big bowl of real chicken noodle soup and crackers.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Had my weigh in today, and I am OFFICIALLY out of the 180s!! I rewarded myself with clothes shopping!!
Congrats! You need to update your stats.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Congrats! You need to update your stats.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #27  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Hey, I have read several comments about watching IP videos. Are those online somewhere?

I do not have much of a "coach." I go into the doctor's office and weigh, then purchase my products for the next week. I think I'm going to check out another source in my area to see if they provide better customer service. This forum has been SO helpful and I have appreciated everything I have learned here, especially since I'm not getting any personal coaching at the doctor's office.
The video links are sent via email by IP corporate website (although it says it is from your clinic). The clinic has to set you up for these videos. The way I understand it, IP corporate use to charge people to get them, but several months ago they decided not to charge. They are a nice tool. I get one every day.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post

my old clinic never did the videos. my new one does and I love them! I'd ask for sure. You're supposed to get them.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Went to weigh in feeling fine this morning and then got hit with some stomach thing, what the heck? I handled the cold fine and stayed OP but I rarely get stomach bugs and when I do it's all crackers and 7up... I just want a big bowl of real chicken noodle soup and crackers.
I have had a stomach "thing" for a week, I never get these things & this is just hanging on. I have had chicken noodle soup and crackers, with ginger ale for the last 4 days. Who cares when you feel like crap. I have to get better, I fly to Florida tomorrow. ugh
Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #30  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I have had a stomach "thing" for a week, I never get these things & this is just hanging on. I have had chicken noodle soup and crackers, with ginger ale for the last 4 days. Who cares when you feel like crap. I have to get better, I fly to Florida tomorrow. ugh
I know it's bad, I just want to eat to feel better, I've been on for 4 whole weeks and have behaved perfectly. That cold wasn't so bad, and I just tried to drink some chicken broth but it's not the same it needs the crackers. I don't hardly ever get stomach things, of course I get upper respiratory crud all the time.
Closed Thread