Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

IPN, that is unbelievable! What an evil person. I'm so sorry that happened to you. There are some bad people out there. I know a comment like that would really bother me. I hope you don't let it get to you.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your stall. Hope P1 can help out. You are certainly persistent and I admire that you aren't giving up!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
IPN,
Lisa, sorry to hear about your stall. Hope P1 can help out. You are certainly persistent and I admire that you aren't giving up!
I stalled on p1 so took a break. Tried again in January & stayed stalled.

Some medical intervention to deal with out-of-whack systems. Still evaluating adrenals but restarting anyway.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #18  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Turtlemom, rcmjaug, and schenectedy: I commented on your posts this morning and then, 10 minutes later, the thread was closed and a new one was opened. It feels like my comments (which took a little time) were just evaporated. Please look at the end of the last 100% thread. I'm not sure I can copy it to this new thread.

Also - Just wanted to give an update. I'm going into day 6 of my P1 100% reboot. My official WI is on Tuesday afternoon, but I think I've already lost 3 pounds. I"m really excited and feeling good. I think ketosis is kicking in.

Have a great day everyone!

And Idealproteinnewbie, just shine her on. You did well to walk away. She must not feel very good about herself or she would not have said that. And YOU know that you are on the right path. Be thankful and move on, as you said. We're all with you!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #19  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Turtlemom, rcmjaug, and schenectedy: I commented on your posts this morning and then, 10 minutes later, the thread was closed and a new one was opened. It feels like my comments (which took a little time) were just evaporated. Please look at the end of the last 100% thread. I'm not sure I can copy it to this new thread.

Also - Just wanted to give an update. I'm going into day 6 of my P1 100% reboot. My official WI is on Tuesday afternoon, but I think I've already lost 3 pounds. I"m really excited and feeling good. I think ketosis is kicking in.

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for your kind words and support! It is a good thing I started my Portable Pep Talk -temptation hit whilst fixing DD's lunch yesterday

Keep up the great 100% work -I just know you will be pleased with your efforts when you step on the scale tomorrow!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #20  

Joysh
Sorry you felt evaporated. You can always cut/paste.

I knew it was a good discussion so I purposely linked the thread. We'd gone so far over 500 we were in danger of admin closing the thread abruptly. There would have been no link back had that happened. I'm surprised they hadn't already jumped in with their warning.

I guess just like starting a diet, there's no good time to close an active thread!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #21  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

I was so stressed yesterday with a bunch of stuff going on that I suddenly had the urge to stuff my face with just any available food. I hadn't had that urge in a long time and it made me realize that I'm going to have to pay attention forever to those feelings. Eating my feelings never helped in the past - just made me mad at myself - and there's no reason to think it will ever help in the future.

I did good though - did 20 minutes on the treadmill followed by a nice hot shower and I felt calmed down and more in control. Just disconcerting to still be having that urge.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #22  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Joysh
I guess just like starting a diet, there's no good time to close an active thread!
So true, Lisa!

Have a great day!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning!

I was so stressed yesterday with a bunch of stuff going on that I suddenly had the urge to stuff my face with just any available food. I hadn't had that urge in a long time and it made me realize that I'm going to have to pay attention forever to those feelings. Eating my feelings never helped in the past - just made me mad at myself - and there's no reason to think it will ever help in the future.

I did good though - did 20 minutes on the treadmill followed by a nice hot shower and I felt calmed down and more in control. Just disconcerting to still be having that urge.
Yep, it is always there isn't it. Sounds like you handled it well, big for you!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #24  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Yep, it is always there isn't it. Sounds like you handled it well, big for you!
Thanks drd - I was pretty pleased that I didn't do what I wanted! You know, just when I think I've got it all figured out I get these little reminders that I am always going to have to think about what I'm eating and why I'm eating. Just glad I'm learning it now.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #25  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Good morning!

Ruth Ann,
Great job taking charge of that urge! There will always be temptations and urges but we have to take control of them, and you managed it in an amazing way! You should be really proud of yourself. Don't let your hard work go to waste. I had a bug urge to cheat yesterday. For some reason, chocolate seemed to be amazing. But I took the advice someone gave me on the forum, brushed my teeth, and then went shopping to get my mind off of it. Was able to keep myself from cheating. Find what works for you and stick to it. You did awesome by not stuffing yourself because you would for sure regret it today.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #26  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Tabletop - good job for you too! I think the more we practice not eating for the wrong reasons the better we get at recognizing it for what it is and finding something else to do. Shopping is always good - even if you don't buy anything! Just trying on smaller clothes always makes me feel good.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Surprised!

Quote:
Good morning!

I think this is the first time I can remember you having posted about this issue. Makes me realize you really ARE human and not completely a wonder woman! Proud that you responded so well, though.

The realization has hit me that I will NEVER be free of those feelings that lead to food. You are so right that we shall forever have to listen to our emotions and quick plan how to sidetrack the historical response of turning to food.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #28  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks schenectady but I am FAR from a wonder woman! I still struggle with with not going back to old behaviors and staying 100% has not always been easy. I just have a lot of motivation and promised myself when I started that I would do this right. I figured the only person I would let down with cheating would be me and I'm way too important to let down.

Everyone here has helped tremendously - their honesty about their struggles and support has made everything so much easier on me. Having a place to turn to where people really "get it" has been an invaluable tool for me.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

OK, time to talk to people I don't know and do a TV promo. This is the hard part of this I think!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #30  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good luck drd and boy do you look gorgeous!
Closed Thread