Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #91  

I will WI today at 6 pm. I hope I lost something , Dear God ...
Old 03-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

In the last few years, as my weight went up and up, I really avoided scales, mirrors, and cameras. I actually took a selfie (of my smiling face) yesterday and texted it to my husband. Surprising what a difference to self esteem to lose weight and get smaller clothes.... I know that my self esteem should not be only about my weight (and it's not), but losing weight sure gives it a boost!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
I'm from Moosomin originally but live at Katepwa Lake north of Indian Head and because I'm very fortunate I spend some of the winter in Arizona
Hi to both of you from Winnipeg

Annik - you look amazing! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark

Hi everybody! Been a busy past few weeks transitioning to a new routine at work but hopefully, it'll slow down a bit now - ha!

Still going strong 100% OP on the Ideal Protein/Pro Energy diet transition. It's been an interesting combination - enjoying some of the PE stuff, they have really good honey nut and cinnamon and vanilla cereals (no white powder, add water - you have these with milk or almond milk in my case) and bars but I do like the IP bars better. Have been really enjoying the BBQ and sea salt and vinegar unrestricted chips though

Had family over for supper last night and made a pork tenderloin, hash brown casserole (for them), roasted Brussels sprouts and green beans - yum! They all enjoyed the roasted veggies, it always seems funny to me that food I prepare because it's the way I have to have it seems really good to everyone else, don't know why?!

I have also really been enjoying the Fitbit - very interesting seeing the numbers on the screen. I know I walked a lot at work but seeing how I easily do 10,000 steps a day is great. I don't walk as much on the weekend but I have taken to doing a bit of jogging (inside at the moment, way too icy and yucky outside still) to get those numbers up. The sleep patterns are interesting too - definitely can see when I've had a bad sleep by how many times I'm awake or restless.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

Jo
Old 03-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We also know that quick WL releases a flood of estrogen, which does crazy things to our bodies and emotions.
Ah. Aha. That's (part of) the reason I came home and bawled last Monday, then. Monday afternoon/evening had been extremely stressful, but I wouldn't normally have had that reaction, even with pending TOM.

Also, lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I didn't trust myself at first and was very slow to tell people. I told DH because of the expense. I did not allow myself to post on the 100% thread until I had been on the diet for a month because I did not trust myself. I was even telling myself, "another diet?".
If eating less and moving more had worked for me I would've lost a long time ago. I have insulin resistance and it takes the very low carb for me to lose weight. It also took a very structured program for me to lose the weight. I was doing pretty low carb and maintaining 260.

Stop stressing. Stress increases cortisol and cortisol reduces weight-loss. It is a bad combo. Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement.......I know I have to feel confident in what I'm doing but I feel like a failure if I don't follow through or "get it done" What amazes me is when people quit smoking and relapse then they just say "never quit quitting" I wish I could feel that about trying to lose weight and people say "never quit trying" Anyway I am going to be strong and try not to care what everyone thinks......this may be all in my head and not reality. My DH does want me lose weight and be healthy and he has always been supportive. My girlfriend I'm afraid will say "oh no don't diet when I'm here on vacation" Cause she will want me to eat what she eats. Aghhhh!!!
I'm going to say "if I was an alcoholic would you insist that I drink with you?"
Wish me luck......I love this forum and all the people on here!!! I know this is going to work for me this time!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
Ruby,
I think many of us been on many diets, but if you stick to this one 100%, you can prove to them it really works. If I were you, it would be my motivation just to prove my husband wrong! Don't be worried about what others think. Do what you have to do to become healthier. Best of luck!
Thanks Tabletop1234 I WILL prove everyone wrong. I appreciate your comments and encouragement. Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be back on P1 today. I have decided to try alternatives for now, and see how it goes.

I look forward to catching up with everyone and getting to know everyone new.

Had a chocolate shake for breakfast and a yummy crispy cereal pancake for lunch. And pickles, because I have to go shopping for fresh veggies after being out of town for a week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi to both of you from Winnipeg

Annik - you look amazing! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark

Hi everybody! Been a busy past few weeks transitioning to a new routine at work but hopefully, it'll slow down a bit now - ha!

Still going strong 100% OP on the Ideal Protein/Pro Energy diet transition. It's been an interesting combination - enjoying some of the PE stuff, they have really good honey nut and cinnamon and vanilla cereals (no white powder, add water - you have these with milk or almond milk in my case) and bars but I do like the IP bars better. Have been really enjoying the BBQ and sea salt and vinegar unrestricted chips though

Had family over for supper last night and made a pork tenderloin, hash brown casserole (for them), roasted Brussels sprouts and green beans - yum! They all enjoyed the roasted veggies, it always seems funny to me that food I prepare because it's the way I have to have it seems really good to everyone else, don't know why?!

I have also really been enjoying the Fitbit - very interesting seeing the numbers on the screen. I know I walked a lot at work but seeing how I easily do 10,000 steps a day is great. I don't walk as much on the weekend but I have taken to doing a bit of jogging (inside at the moment, way too icy and yucky outside still) to get those numbers up. The sleep patterns are interesting too - definitely can see when I've had a bad sleep by how many times I'm awake or restless.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

Jo
Hi Jo!!

Looks like you are doing great! I'm thinking about a fitbit too, which one did you get?

Hope your transition is going well. Must be a bit scary to switch from what you know.

LittleStar
Old 03-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
lisa32989, do these look right? IP packet & shredded zucchini muffins ... I just made them. Haven't tried them yet because I'm going to use them for my short-lunch days this week. I had a little trouble telling if they were done.
Yup! You'll figure out the timing, I've eaten some pretty raw in the middle til I figured it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
I'm going to say "if I was an alcoholic would you insist that I drink with you?"
Also, if you had a health issue requiring a species fix diet, no one would question it. I fail to understand how people dont view morbid obesity (what I had) as equally as serious
Old 03-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #100  

NSV for the weekend

I got a shipment of clearance clothes from Coldwater Creek yesterday. Returning most of it because it's too big! You know what fit? The slim cut items. What??
Only a few short years ago when I ordered from them, things showed up too small!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-16-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #101  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
NSV for the weekend

I got a shipment of clearance clothes from Coldwater Creek yesterday. Returning most of it because it's too big! You know what fit? The slim cut items. What??
Only a few short years ago when I ordered from them, things showed up too small!
That is super Lisa! Don't you love having to send things back because they are too big?

When shopping I've taken to grabbing the size I think will fit and the next size down to take to the changing room. My sizes have been changing so much it's hard to tell any more.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #102  

Quote:
NSV for the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
That is super Lisa! Don't you love having to send things back because they are too big?

When shopping I've taken to grabbing the size I think will fit and the next size down to take to the changing room. My sizes have been changing so much it's hard to tell any more.
That's terrific- woo-hoo!! You both are AWESOME!!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panya View Post
I will WI today at 6 pm. I hope I lost something , Dear God ...
You will do great!!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 142/126.6/120

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone continued to lose weight on phase 3 - even though it's not a weight loss phase. Also, am wondering how hard everyone exercised when they got to phase 3 - if they exercised at all....
Old 03-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post

On another note I didn't go out with my family and friends last night. No drinking still 100%op and no cheating.
So proud of the decision you made, Amber! I read all of your postings about your dilemma and I felt for you - the situation you faced was highly charged and emotional. You clearly reflected a lot about what you were facing and your feelings on both sides.

We are all different and so you needed to decide what would work for you. It is hard but I think you will find that the whole process goes better and faster and feels better if you can stay the course.

Good work and I hope you find peace in your own way in regards to the loss of your father.
Closed Thread