Old 03-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #16  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I make Caesar dressing using WF mayo, lemon juice, Dijon, chopped garlic, dash of Worcestershire and cracked black pepper. Coats the lettuce great! I do miss croutons tho. Before IP I only ate 3 vegetables. Losing carrots just about killed me. I live on celery and I am slowing growing my repertoire of choices.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default lettuce...hmmm....

if it's a texture issue maybe you can shred it up really fine? or perhaps use it as a wrap for other food rather than a bowl of lettuce? Maybe even cook it, although I haven't tried that.

Oh and for an alternative texture for other things...more specifically cucumber or zuchs....try peeling with a julienne peeler. Someone else was talking about it on here and peeling and cooking with the peeled veg is kinda noodle like in texture and look
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 244.4/238.6/165 dtd 3/3

Height: 5'3

Thank you for stating that.. cause I am not a biggie on salad, and I thought it was optional as well
NJ_Desi_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #19  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Anyone have a good substitute for ranch? It's one of the few things I miss, I have ranch seasoning from Allison's pantry in a large 2lb bag because I love ranch on salad and veggies but it sits waiting lol, it's got buttermilk powder in it which is the only thing that concerns me about it... but I'd love a ranch alternative.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Default dressing

uf you're really stuck on ranch, I would be too.... the brand walden tarms seems to be officially accepted as IP safe.... they do have ranch.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #21  
Started IP Feb. '04

S/C/G: 316.8/303.8/180

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I don't like salad very much either. My coaches really promote eating 4+ cups of lettuce per day. She gave a technique/recipe for putting it in a shake:

2 cups romaine
1 packet IP wildberry yogurt drink
2tablespoons WF marshmallow dip
Mix above in blender then add 5 Ice cubes

I do this for breakfast and lunch.

I have heard other people use other drinks and then add lettuce and blend in the blender.

Hope this helps.
I was so excited to see this post....I have been wondering how to do a "juicing" type recipe since no fruit. I would have never though to give the WF marshmallow a try. Definatly looking forward to giving this a try. Tried any other recipes like this?
rmcjaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #22  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel26 View Post
uf you're really stuck on ranch, I would be too.... the brand walden tarms seems to be officially accepted as IP safe.... they do have ranch.
I have some WF products but I've never seen ranch at my coaches, I'll have to look online.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I am someone who did not really like vegetables, except things like corn. My tastes have changed on IP and I actually crave and look forward to things like garlic roasted cabbage (the taste really changes when you pop it in a hot oven with some sprayed olive oil).

There are lots of recipes on here for some very different and unusual ways to do veggies - lots of things you can do with cauliflower that has been roasted. I roast my broccoli until it is almost burnt - nice and crunchy and a lovely roast flavor. I have fun discovering new ways to treat salad and veggies from postings here.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #24  
AmberLS

I just ordered some mayo, ranch dip, and a ranch dressing all from vitacost.com that are walden farms, I hope they are all approved because in order to get them for $4 each you had to order 2 bottles of each thing lol
Old 03-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I just ordered some mayo, ranch dip, and a ranch dressing all from vitacost.com that are walden farms, I hope they are all approved because in order to get them for $4 each you had to order 2 bottles of each thing lol
As long as they were the 0/0/0 versions... they have a few dressings that are Sugar Free, but are not 0/0/.0 because they have fat (and maybe some carbs not from sugar?)
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #26  
AmberLS

Crud I don't know if they are, I'm going to be sad
Old 03-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #27  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
I was so excited to see this post....I have been wondering how to do a "juicing" type recipe since no fruit. I would have never though to give the WF marshmallow a try. Definatly looking forward to giving this a try. Tried any other recipes like this?
The recipe came from the chiro (clinic director) - who was "sat" in for my normal coach when he was out. She said the marshmallow dip adds creaminess and sweet. It does.

I haven't tried any other recipes
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

I usually don't LOVE salad but I found an awesome salad mix at Costco that pretty much takes care of my lettuce and veggie requirement. It has kale,chicory,cabbage and Brussels sprouts ( I pick them out.) I use two cups of the mix and a few big handfuls of romaine. Let it marinate in some WF dressing for about 10 minutes and it is absolutely delicious. I actually crave it.
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

I don't hate salad, but the dressings are all too runny or too sweet or sour. I can't seem to find or make one that tastes really good. I literally have to choke the stuff down. Gag. Also, veggies, sigh. I wish green beans weren't so restricted. I also really miss carrots. Broccoli is my favorite and so is cucumber, but do they cause as much upper GI problems for anyone else? I will be trying some of these recipes for sure.
momotrips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Desi_Guy View Post
Thank you for stating that.. cause I am not a biggie on salad, and I thought it was optional as well
Salad IS optional. It's just a go-to if you feel you don't have enough volume on your plate. I never had salad while I was losing weight, but I do like the 'bulkier' veggies, like jicama, zucchini, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, sauerkraut, etc.
I think some clinics tell their members to eat all that salad because there are so many that don't have a feel for healthy serving sizes and like to see a heaped plate so they don't feel deprived, but that's mainly a psychological issue.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-05-2014 at 12:33 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote