Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Ruth Ann
Thanks for the words of wisdom....my name is Ruth as well (Ruby is my dog) lol.. Anyway yes you are right I DO NOT want to feel that way again.....the thought of that will keep me on track!!!
And I see that you have been very successful on the IP congrats to that!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #47  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Lost 1 lb at my WI today and 0 inches. Last week i stayed the same on the scale and lost 3". Notice I didn't say I "only" Lost 1 lb., But that is how I feel. I did have more restricteds this week - maybe one each day. I am going to it that down this coming week - maybe every other day or 3rd day. Also going to make sure I get AT LEAST 4 cups of lettuce per day. I did well when I did that before so my coaches want me to try that again. Most of it will be mixed in with drinks as I am not a salad lover.

We'll see. I know it won't ever come off as fast as I want and the last 30 will not come off as fast as the first 30 lbs did.

I remain committed to,stay 100% IP but ready to have it all off.

Also going to start taking a daily walk. Either at my lunch break(hardly ever have one but I may start as it might help stress level) or in the evenings.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Last edited by ColoradoCarol; 03-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Blah! I know I've made good progress in total, but it has slowed significantly these last few weeks. Just feeling the need to spew:
Started the week before Christmas, this is week 13 for me.
Was 90% OP through the holidays, since 1/1, have been 100% OP.
Minimal exercise - I do one to three 30 minute "walking status" meetings during the day at work (depends on schedule & shoes I'm wearing...).
Week 1, 7 lb loss, since then averaging about 1.5/wk, but last two weeks slowed to 1lb each week.
Keep reading about people who lose inches when the pounds are slow...not happening here. 14s are a bit too big but 12s fit like spandex with a nice muffin top to top it off.
TOM is more than a week late and I'm afraid this is the start of my body saying "time out, not liking what you're doing to me".
Holding strong...sigh...
Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

I feel the slow down pain that some of you are experiencing. I had 4 weeks of very small losses while staying 100% OP. I really had to work on patience. I came to the realization that the only thing that I can control is what I put in my mouth. The rest of it is not within my control. A body will do, what it is going to do. One change that has helped me is that I no longer weigh myself every day, too much stress. I know that following the protocol will yield results on my body's timeline, not mine.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Ruth Ann
Thanks for the words of wisdom....my name is Ruth as well (Ruby is my dog) lol.. Anyway yes you are right I DO NOT want to feel that way again.....the thought of that will keep me on track!!!
And I see that you have been very successful on the IP congrats to that!
Glad to meet another Ruth! And thanks for the congrats!

ColoradoCarol, MareDog & Slipfree - Hang in there! I had two weeks recently of absolutely nothing, no inches and no pounds and then bam! I lost 7 lbs in two weeks. I did nothing different, my body just decided to let it go. So keep doing what you're doing and it will happen - there's no way it can't.

Patience is HARD, wish I had more of it!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #51  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Up early this morning to brave these terrible Ontario roads.

Just wanted to report the scale has moved!! Only 0.4, but it has moved!!!

Have a great day!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #52  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Hope everyone made it through yesterday. I didn't get a chance to log on until this morning and it looked quite a few are going through emotional traumas at the moment. This definitely makes it harder to stay on plan. I wish you all the best and you are definitely doing the right thing by talking through it with us.

It makes my long work hours (7am to midnight) look minor in comparison which is good because I was starting to feel sorry for myself. I'm managing to stay 100% OP but it's hard when you are used to treating yourself when working these kind of hours with food. I'm really having to think of other ways to get through, booking massages on the weekend and taking a quick walk in the sun during the day.

All the best for a good OP day for everyone. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Up early this morning to brave these terrible Ontario roads.

Just wanted to report the scale has moved!! Only 0.4, but it has moved!!!
There are no onlies in WL. Congrats!

And Carol, despite the "only" you DID say
Congrats! The scale moved!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey all... Congrats to all of you who are sticking to it through slow losses and all!!! All i know is tht the first time i was on ip i thought my weight loss was slow and quit after a month and a half. Skip forward a year and i am back on ip because i absolutely could not get the same results left to my own devices!! I am now just past my second month on ip and i am right around the corner from onederland!!! This time around the diet has been so much more enjoyable because i just relaxed and gave myself a min of four months to let my body do what it is going to do!!!! More than likely i will be sticking with it longer than four months but for some reason having that time frame made it easier. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Oh and I just had the ip pats to purée last night w meat loaf and WF ketchup and was soooo pleased w how similar this dish tasted to a pre ip meal!!

Last edited by greenlillybeth; 03-13-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Lots of scale and non-scale victories today, so floating around with a smile on my face.

As of this morning, I've lost exactly 20 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the same 15 pounds for five years now, so this is a huge mental milestone for me to break the cycle.

Put on my jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks and can see a significant difference in how they feel. I don't need a smaller size yet, but I can breathe and actually feel them moving around my thighs while I walk, which is great progress!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I don't even know what half those words mean! LOL
haha! Didn't even think about that. It's a good thing you don't have to worry about them. They are side dishes. Totally not IP friendly. Or light. That's why i had such a good laugh. Ended up with a delicious grilled shrimp salad, extra cukes and 'maters. My friends enjoyed crawfish enchiladas. I looked at their food and didn't even want a bite. I knew how sick it would make me feel! I've tried this new visualization technique where the foods on IP are like gasoline for your car. Why give it anything else and expect it to function properly and live a long and vibrant life??
Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Good morning! Lots of scale and non-scale victories today, so floating around with a smile on my face.

As of this morning, I've lost exactly 20 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the same 15 pounds for five years now, so this is a huge mental milestone for me to break the cycle.

Put on my jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks and can see a significant difference in how they feel. I don't need a smaller size yet, but I can breathe and actually feel them moving around my thighs while I walk, which is great progress!
Congrats!!!! Isn't it great to not only see progress on the scale but to FEEL it in your clothes?

I woke up at 4am to pee and could NOT fall back asleep. I read in bed until about 6:30am until I was so hungry I couldn't concentrate anymore. I had breakfast at 8:30am which is earlier than I normally eat it. Hoping I won't be playing catch up with hunger all day!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!

I am going on day two of being 100%. Yesterday was hard and I mean HARD for me. I caught myself 3 times taking small nibbles of a few things but stopped before I could eat more. I feel blah and I get all shakey feeling but I will get through the "with draw" of not having sugar or carbs.

I made sugar cookies yesterday and did not eat a single one for me this is HUGE! I love warm sugar cookies- esp when I add orange extract in replace of the vanilla (HEAVEN!)

This AM I had my IP pancakes and coffee. Now on to water. I am going to busy myself with cleaning to keep my mind off snacking. I am doing some serious spring cleaning SO.....plus I have some cinnamon gum too.

I had 3 cups of Oolong tea with cinnamon in it which helped.

So please pour the on for me I am determined to kick this in the rear !

ps. I got mom of the year from my 2 year old- I made him play doh and we had a BLAST yesterday and I made him a rocket ship our of a big cardboard box complete with rocket boosters and everything- we are still working on it this AM to LOL
Old 03-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareDog37 View Post
Blah! I know I've made good progress in total, but it has slowed significantly these last few weeks. Just feeling the need to spew:
Started the week before Christmas, this is week 13 for me.
Was 90% OP through the holidays, since 1/1, have been 100% OP.
Minimal exercise - I do one to three 30 minute "walking status" meetings during the day at work (depends on schedule & shoes I'm wearing...).
Week 1, 7 lb loss, since then averaging about 1.5/wk, but last two weeks slowed to 1lb each week.
Keep reading about people who lose inches when the pounds are slow...not happening here. 14s are a bit too big but 12s fit like spandex with a nice muffin top to top it off.
TOM is more than a week late and I'm afraid this is the start of my body saying "time out, not liking what you're doing to me".
Holding strong...sigh...
Hang in there. My first round of IP in 2011, 5 months, not one single cheat and I averaged 1.7 lbs/wk. this time is even slower, so mentally I just adjust. lol Stay the course. The thing is when I did WW before IP in 2011, I was true to the program and lost only 3 pounds in 3 months, that's why I did IP. We are less than the average Weight Loss, but way better than other programs. I am post meno and hypothyroid, so to lose anything seems miraculous.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Plugging along here on day 3. I feel so much better today than day 1! Never wanting to feel like that again is motivation to stay on track. Each day I feel a little better. Despite it only being day 3 I got a NSV. A coworker said she could notice my cheekbones more.
Closed Thread