IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
Just saw this quote and thought I would share:

You are not fat.
You have fat.
You also have fingernails but you are not fingernails.
LOVE it!!
Just emailed to a couple girl friends. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

You are not fat.
You have fat.
Love this. Have already sent it to two friends who thought it was a hoot!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud. It was nice to step on the scale and be down a pound since yesterday, doesn't always happen 4 weeks in, but when it does I smile. I have had lot's of NSV's this week and weekend, losing about an inch off most body parts (except my arms lol they've actually grown). I bought a pair of pants that I couldn't even pull over my thighs a month ago and now I can get them on, can't quite button them, but I bet I can in a few weeks, plus just looking at my body I see big changes already. I feel more confident already, I can't believe what a difference 17lbs makes!
to you and I hope you feel better soon. Take good care.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Today I am doing so well (knock on wood) I have not cheated once and it is 11am.

I will be ok until dinner time hits and then that is the challenge for me. Please dup the on me- I'll take a few mega dump truck loads if you got it!

Also you can you please give some positive thoughts for my poor mom.

She had a break down last night. she (and my dad) have had so much happen in the past 6 months.

Losing their home to a tornado in Oct
Dealing with the insurance adjuster whom is dictating what they can and cannot put in their house that is being rebuilt.
Someone stole their dogs (they had 2 then one had puppies) and they found them but cant go and get them until they get their house finished

Then my grandpa died last month, then the straw that broke the camels back: her real dad (my grandma divorced him when my mom and uncle were young) died back in Dec. and she just found out from her uncle (her bio dads brother) who just happen to be looking at the area where he lived and found out via the news paper on line there. This blind sided my mom big time.

She is an emotional wreck she needs some +++ thoughts please
to your Mom, your family and you too.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Schenectedy,

Sometimes we are so very strong for such long periods of time, we are bound to have a "breakdown', we are human. I remember leaving our first house that we raised our daughter in, I was so emotional, crying and thinking of all the memories. I later realized that the memories went with us to our "dream home" that we built.

Sorry about other IPeeps having rough times, keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Remember to "control" what you can and let go of what you can't. I know that is wayyyyyyyy easier said than done.

I wasn't perfect on plan today, have had a very crampy, upset stomach for a few days and the thought of eating vegetables is making me nausious. We are having a "Vulcan" snow storm too, which is depressing. I am watching Lifetime with a heated throw over me. lol
Old 03-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #36  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Making it through the day and decided to try on some different jeans that have been sitting that were just too tight to button... not anymnore I've gotta say I'm really loving this diet!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I usually do my weigh ins on Friday, but I am thinking of going a day early this week. I am taking two days off and have stuff planned for Friday with the kids so it will be difficult to make, but I also need some WF dressing. Even though I am not a fan, lettuce tastes so much better with WF balsamic then just salt, pepper and apple cider! I usually put EVOO on my steamed veggies that I tend to have for dinner.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Making it through the day and decided to try on some different jeans that have been sitting that were just too tight to button... not anymnore I've gotta say I'm really loving this diet!
Trying on clothes that were previously too small but now fit, is one of the big rewards of losing weight. It shows the progress we make! I'm four sizes smaller in skirts and jeans. I am pear shaped so I gain most of my weight on my hips,thighs and bum, how wonderful to try on things I never thought I'd fit into again. And the more you lose, the more exciting! Keep up the good work! Its so worth it!!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud. It was nice to step on the scale and be down a pound since yesterday, doesn't always happen 4 weeks in, but when it does I smile. I have had lot's of NSV's this week and weekend, losing about an inch off most body parts (except my arms lol they've actually grown). I bought a pair of pants that I couldn't even pull over my thighs a month ago and now I can get them on, can't quite button them, but I bet I can in a few weeks, plus just looking at my body I see big changes already. I feel more confident already, I can't believe what a difference 17lbs makes!
AmberLS- thinking of you during this difficult time. It sounds like you are doing really week on the program.

Schenectady - thank you for sharing your experience today and being so transparent with your own process. Good for you or getting back on track so quickly. I can only imagine how stressed you must be during this time between homes.

Sarahbell - thinking of you and your mom, it has been a hard year for your family.

All I have to say is I'm so done with Winter, another huge dumping of snow and temp tonight with wind chill is supposed to be -31. I'm having a sleepover tonight in my daught's room so that should be fun. Managing to structure my meals with a week off from work and resisting snacking.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
That is so awesome! I have a couple of items in my closet that is my "goal clothes." But I do have some things that will be really nice to fit into again. It got pretty bad over the last few months when my "fat" clothes got way too tight.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #41  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Sending happy thoughts to all who are having a hard day

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #42  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

It's definitely a nice feeling. Still a long ways to go. My coach said that usually between week 5-8 the inches start coming off that it takes time for the skin to catch up so I'm hoping to start seeing more inches soon, (not that I'm not loving the weight lol)
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #43  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Hugs and tranquil thoughts for SarahBell, Amber, and Schnectady, and anyone else going through a rough time.

Loving the losses and NSVs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Their menu. I laughed out loud! Their 'lighter side' option was chicken with rice dressing and corn macque choux. HOW IS THAT LIGHTER? LOL!
I don't even know what half those words mean! LOL

Quote:

You are not fat.
You have fat.
Just adore this!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all......I have just completed my 5th day on IP. I finally feel decent today after 4 days of feeling weak and hungry and just plain crappy. I'm glad I'm over that!! I'm in ketosis and trying very hard to stay 100% OP. I've tried EVERY diet out there........I'm praying with all my heart that this is the last time. I saw an article on the news last night that being obese puts you at risk for 5 different cancers......ovarian being one of those. How did I let myself get here?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #45  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Schenectady - so sorry you had a bad day. But you have the right attitude - dust yourself off and get right back at it. There is a saying that goes something like "if you fall partway down the stairs you don't pick yourself up and throw yourself the rest of the way down." You stumbled and picked yourself up. You should be very proud of yourself for getting right back on track.

Quote:
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud.
Been thinking of you Amber. I know it hurts. You should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished and staying OP through this hard time. Hang in there and hope you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Wow Ruth Ann, Way to go!!!!
Thanks Mars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Hi all......I have just completed my 5th day on IP. I finally feel decent today after 4 days of feeling weak and hungry and just plain crappy. I'm glad I'm over that!! I'm in ketosis and trying very hard to stay 100% OP. I've tried EVERY diet out there........I'm praying with all my heart that this is the last time. I saw an article on the news last night that being obese puts you at risk for 5 different cancers......ovarian being one of those. How did I let myself get here?
Hang in there Rubygirl - IP works (just ask me!). You've gone through the worst of it, any time you feel like eating off plan just remember how miserable you were for the first few days - do you really want to go through that again?
Closed Thread