Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Yesterday, my life with IP came to a grinding and frantic stop! Months and months of being 100% IP changed in a flash. My life has been very, very stressful lately and mentally, I had a tantrum. I think normally I would have had mechanisms in place to deal with it all, but that framework of logically working things out is gone for the moment.

I think the key to it all is the moving process. We have sold our family home and I am sorting and packing 25 years of children and life. Emotionally, that is both sweet and bittersweet.

In the meanwhile, we are moving to a rented house half the size of our current home, half an hour away. Nothing familiar, stuck in traffic going back and forth, handling new utilities, trying to fit our belongings in somehow.

The rental house is needed as we are blessedly building our own new home, 1.5 hours away in the mountains. Builder, architect, design review committee, construction loans...

So I sat down for a minute and everything in the kitchen disappeared down my mouth in a frantic breakdown. I knew what I was doing and it just rolled over me. Fortunately there is not much food left in the house so it was limited to candy intended for our granddaughter's birthday Saturday, leftover chips, beef jerky.

Funny, because none of those things are things I normally like to eat or trigger foods. It was like a 20 minute binge after which I felt very ill, of course. Oddly, I knew when it was over, it was over. I know I am back on IP stronger than before. Looking bad, it was sad and funny because if anyone had been watching, it would have been pathetic and manic, two characteristics not common with me!

My reason for posting this is not because I am proud or even because I understand what happened. I am not proud and I do not know what it was except maybe a little bit of a breakdown? What happened next was to figure out how to deal with it.

I did not need to throw out any tempting foods - there are none left and I am not feeling tempted. I packed up my purse and headed out to a session making fused glass bowls. Three hours of creativity reset my compass and my brain.

So what is the lesson I learned? Not sure, I am still working on it. I do know that what I am thinking is that I know I dealt with a stressful situation by resorting to old habits and coping. I did not take a moment to think how better to deal with it - had I gone to the studio and made glass bowls earlier, I think it would have passed.

I am not beating myself up, just reworking my thinking how to handle things better when super over stressed. Made my IP compliant breakfast shake knowing that a big break is not a reason to keep going in that direction.

I am so sorry you had a break down. Some times everything just builds up inside and then it just blows up and emotions run so high.

I hope today is better for you and the rest of the week AND I hope your move goes well
Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Today is a hard day... on top of being sick today is the first anniversary of my dad's death and I have nothing to do but lay in bed because I feel like crud. It was nice to step on the scale and be down a pound since yesterday, doesn't always happen 4 weeks in, but when it does I smile. I have had lot's of NSV's this week and weekend, losing about an inch off most body parts (except my arms lol they've actually grown). I bought a pair of pants that I couldn't even pull over my thighs a month ago and now I can get them on, can't quite button them, but I bet I can in a few weeks, plus just looking at my body I see big changes already. I feel more confident already, I can't believe what a difference 17lbs makes!
Take care of yourself on this tough day.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking Scale Victory

Today I am doing so well (knock on wood) I have not cheated once and it is 11am.

I will be ok until dinner time hits and then that is the challenge for me. Please dup the on me- I'll take a few mega dump truck loads if you got it!

Also you can you please give some positive thoughts for my poor mom.

She had a break down last night. she (and my dad) have had so much happen in the past 6 months.

Losing their home to a tornado in Oct
Dealing with the insurance adjuster whom is dictating what they can and cannot put in their house that is being rebuilt.
Someone stole their dogs (they had 2 then one had puppies) and they found them but cant go and get them until they get their house finished

Then my grandpa died last month, then the straw that broke the camels back: her real dad (my grandma divorced him when my mom and uncle were young) died back in Dec. and she just found out from her uncle (her bio dads brother) who just happen to be looking at the area where he lived and found out via the news paper on line there. This blind sided my mom big time.

She is an emotional wreck she needs some +++ thoughts please
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Binge eating - I do identify that and see something with the P3 breakfast. I will eat and I will be full and satisfied, but sometimes there is a bit of a, oh that is good and I want more. I am doing self talk and saying are you hungry, no, drink water, yes and examine why. Again, all of this food is available day after day and I have to teach myself one is enough. Or sometimes none if it just is not in the plan for the day. I have lost before and even maintained for a couple of years, but it has come back, with the help of some meds that worked poorly, so I am determined to not buy a new wardrobe again!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Today I am doing so well (knock on wood) I have not cheated once and it is 11am.

I will be ok until dinner time hits and then that is the challenge for me. Please dup the on me- I'll take a few mega dump truck loads if you got it!

Also you can you please give some positive thoughts for my poor mom.

She had a break down last night. she (and my dad) have had so much happen in the past 6 months.

She is an emotional wreck she needs some +++ thoughts please
SarahBell - lots of positive thoughts for you and your mother. I think it times like this, it is important to look for ways to pamper/treat/look after oneself, even if it is in little ways

Getting out of the physical environment which contains the stress is a good idea, even if it is just a hour or so for a manicure, a drive with nice music, a nice cup of hot coffee or tea at a coffee shop, whatever. This gives the mind a little moment of peace and quiet to recoup and regather.

Try to help yourself and your Mom with little quiet moments - they are important!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Emotions play funny tricks on us! I have always been an emotional eater and today I am trying to win because it's the first anniversary of my dad's death and I am trying to prove that I can stay focused and not eat crap because I'm sad. I'm sorry you had such a trying day, but glad to hear that it resulted in a bigger desire to succeed. Moving is stressful no matter how you look at it even though its for a better future it doesn't make it any less difficult, especially as you pack up your families memories! I plan to move in the next few years and even thinking about leaving the house where my kids came home to as babies is hard.
Stay strong on this hard day! You can do it!
I'm sorry for the loss of your father.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #22  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Just popping in quick to let you know there's free shipping on orders over $49 today from Nashua Nutrition with the code "TODAY49" Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for the tip. I've sent my order in since I have a trip coming up at the end of the month and plan to be well prepared.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Just popping in quick to let you know there's free shipping on orders over $49 today from Nashua Nutrition with the code "TODAY49" Have a great day everyone!
Yep just ordered stuff today! i love free shipping and those discounts.

Question for any of the ladies out there -- Pasta. Have any of you had pasta since being in Phase 1. Im terrified to eat it ... lol. there is one on the Nashua website Proti-Thin Protein Pasta. I couldnt find the equivilant version or nutritional back ground for the IP kind. Can any tell me if this one is good to get? if so, is this restricted or unrestricted.

130 Calories 15 calories from fat
2 g fat
7 g Carbs
2 g Fiber
(5g Net Carb)
20 G Protein
Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #24  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=Johnsdeere;4961782]I don't feel bloated as I might normally (pre-IP) however; was wondering if you ladies have a small decline on your personal scale during that time of the month.

I have definitely noticed that the week after my monthly gift (LOL) I see smaller losses both at home and on my coaches scale. I have come to just accept it and not get discouraged, stay OP and the weight will come off
Old 03-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #25  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Thanks ladies... so since I didn't get to my breakfast shake this morning cause I feel like dog doo I thought I'd share my lunch. I mixed a chicken noodle soup packet with a potato packet added some water and veggies and it's so great!!! Almost can't even tell it's not real chicken noodle soup. LOL
Old 03-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

schenectady, my prayers are headed your way.You did it right, got right back on track! I will be sending will power dust your way for the days to come!

ssubert, I agree. Glorified pedometer. But I love the tech side of it and the challenge of it!

Amber, you got your head in the game and are getting it done! What great NSV's...keep it up!!

Had WI at lunch. I maintained. I'm OK with it. I know I didn't do anything wrong. TOM just wrapped up as well. I explained that I had a rough weekend (just constant hunger) and she said instead of eating extra protein (like chicken or egg), have an extra packet. It's more controlled that way. Thought that was good advice. <Old coach wouldn't have said anything> I just want to power walk (literally) through this next week and see a nice drop next Wednesday!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #27  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Warning TMI: Can I ask a question for the ladies on here? Today is week 6 of doing IP and last month when I had my period I was in Hawaii where we had no scales so I was unable to take my weight for two weeks but, was 100% on IP as I am today. I jumped on the scale today and I'm down -.2 lbs. I don't feel bloated as I might normally (pre-IP) however; was wondering if you ladies have a small decline on your personal scale during that time of the month. I'm not really discouraged since I'm doing IP 100% and invested as I ever have, I just didn't know if this will be a continual thing every month and to expect it. I'd love to hear your experience if you would please.

I am a daily weigher (just so fascinated by the process!). I'm only 6 weeks into the program but I've been through 2 cycles - each time I gained a small amount of weight the first 1-3 days, but by the end of my period I was down from the beginning. After seeing it happen the first time, I wasn't upset by it the second time, and I feel better knowing what to expect. What also helps is knowing that your body can burn fat even when retaining water (read that on this board and confirmed it with my coach!).
Old 03-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Forgot to mention...I have a friend passing through town and wanted to go to an easy restaruant close to I-10. I thought to go to a place called Prejeans. Yall...Their menu. I laughed out loud! Their 'lighter side' option was chicken with rice dressing and corn macque choux. HOW IS THAT LIGHTER? LOL!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
I am a daily weigher (just so fascinated by the process!). I'm only 6 weeks into the program but I've been through 2 cycles - each time I gained a small amount of weight the first 1-3 days, but by the end of my period I was down from the beginning. After seeing it happen the first time, I wasn't upset by it the second time, and I feel better knowing what to expect. What also helps is knowing that your body can burn fat even when retaining water (read that on this board and confirmed it with my coach!).
I'm generally a daily weigher, too, though I have periods of trying not to be. I'm also a serial dieter. On all programs I've tried (and there have been many), a couple of days before TOM I get a big drop on the scale. First day of TOM, scale shoots back up 1-2 pounds (so predictable, I know when to be prepared). After three days, big drop again, lower than the initial whoosh.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #30  

Just saw this quote and thought I would share:

You are not fat.
You have fat.
You also have fingernails but you are not fingernails.
Closed Thread