3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Coach Rant

Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #16

My Coach "Rant" is that I'm close to getting to Goal. I've been asking a lot about how maintenance is going to be. It's very expensive weekly and I'm looking forward to doing this on my own once in maintenance. Maybe it's the "weight watchers" in me where you don't pay anything within 2# below goal. My Coach wants to continue me on the supplements and add meal replacements. She's also getting some machines to help tone the body but I just don't know what to do. I'm sticking with her for now but once we get to Goal, aren't we taught how much carbs to eat? She's looking at me as $$$. I've done so well I'm almost scared to eat normal again. She told me the other day that she wants me there weekly! I have been given hints that I can't afford this much longer. Any help you can give me I'd appreciate. I need more advice than products. I really want to know if any maintainers count carbs ?? thanks
wannabfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #17

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabfitt View Post
My Coach "Rant" is that I'm close to getting to Goal. I've been asking a lot about how maintenance is going to be. It's very expensive weekly and I'm looking forward to doing this on my own once in maintenance. Maybe it's the "weight watchers" in me where you don't pay anything within 2# below goal. My Coach wants to continue me on the supplements and add meal replacements. She's also getting some machines to help tone the body but I just don't know what to do. I'm sticking with her for now but once we get to Goal, aren't we taught how much carbs to eat? She's looking at me as $$$. I've done so well I'm almost scared to eat normal again. She told me the other day that she wants me there weekly! I have been given hints that I can't afford this much longer. Any help you can give me I'd appreciate. I need more advice than products. I really want to know if any maintainers count carbs ?? thanks
Look in the stickies for the phase sheets. Your coach should have given you sheets for each phase and the fourth phase, which is maintenance, gives meal examples. You may also want to check out the thread for maintainers.
I had a coach who wanted us to ring a stupid bell when we had a loss at our weigh in. I think that was so he knew he had an IP client there, I only ever saw him at my consultation and when I was paying for my food.

One for every 5 pounds lost.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
maintaining since 9/2013

S/C/G: 244/149.6/143

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabfitt View Post
I agree, it sounds like your coach sees $$ signs! You can find up-to-date Phase 4 sheets in the stickies on 3FC. The IP maintainers thread has veteran maintainers who are incredibly helpful & supportive. You might also consider re-joining WeightWatchers. I did so after reaching goal with IP. WW required that I pay for 6 weeks of weigh-ins. Then it's lifetime membership, requiring 1/month weigh in for free as long as I am within 2 lbs over goal weight. The accountability is great without needing to follow their weight loss system.

Packaged meals from IP may be convenient, & even P1 packets are nice once in a while (tho many cheaper alternatives). But you need not pay any more money to your coach, once you phase off, imo. Definitely be clear and firm with her about what you are willing to spend.
Huge congratulations on your success!

Last edited by mars735 : 03-12-2014 at 10:23 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
IP since February 12/14

S/C/G: 249/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I feel like a know more than my coach! She has been being trained for as long as I have been with her. She is sweet and means well though. Once in maintenance you only have 1 IP day after your cheat day unless you want to keep eating IP snacks and things. I don't pay anything beyond the product I buy so I am in control of the $$. I've heard of people having to pay a penalty to their clinic when they restart. Mine encourages phasing off since I have a big goal. They tried to sell me the cleanse today since I am in week 4 but I didn't want to do it.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #20
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I feel like a know more than my coach! She has been being trained for as long as I have been with her. She is sweet and means well though. Once in maintenance you only have 1 IP day after your cheat day unless you want to keep eating IP snacks and things. I don't pay anything beyond the product I buy so I am in control of the $$. I've heard of people having to pay a penalty to their clinic when they restart. Mine encourages phasing off since I have a big goal. They tried to sell me the cleanse today since I am in week 4 but I didn't want to do it.
ChipnDip is there a way to friend each other on here! I am also in week four, my goal weight is close to yours as well as my start weight! It would be nice to keep in touch with someone who is in the same phases as me.

My coach is pretty nice. He's definitely all business at times, but he encourages phasing off and has no fees to restart or to just buy products from him in the future. I too plan to keep certain snacks for breakfast and IP shakes may forever be my breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #21
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Dak1lls- thank you for all the information!! When you made the switch to alternatives did you notice a decrease in weight loss or was it about the same? I'm a little nervous to make the switch....
My losses remained consistent after I switched. I was really nervous too, but all the help here was the best support I could have hoped for.

Sarahbell, I only bought RTD's and restricted bars from Sams and Walmart, since I mostly purchased from Nashua Nutrition. My daily drink however is the Vcore Vantage from Complete Nutrition. My SIL lives in the twin cities and said she buys from them as well. Their protein powder is absolutely delicious and they will give you free samples. Menards has expanded their section of foods with protein bars and drinks too. I found Muscle Milk 100 calories there this week.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #22
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Wannabfitt, I felt the same fear of maintenance and felt so comfortable with P1 and P2. The maintainers thread is a great help for questions and to see how others are maintaining. Definitely read the P4 sheet and even review the "explanation of P3" sheet. It will take some adjusting and you will learn what works for you. However, the phase sheets do explain to eat the P3 type of breakfast, fats at lunch, and carbs at dinner....and to not mix fat with carbs. Also, the P1 day after a fun day is important. I have found that a paleo type of diet works well for me in maintenance.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #23

Thanks everyone! Will print out those sheets soon. What a great Board this is!
wannabfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #24
IP since February 12/14

S/C/G: 249/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
ChipnDip is there a way to friend each other on here! I am also in week four, my goal weight is close to yours as well as my start weight! It would be nice to keep in touch with someone who is in the same phases as me.

My coach is pretty nice. He's definitely all business at times, but he encourages phasing off and has no fees to restart or to just buy products from him in the future. I too plan to keep certain snacks for breakfast and IP shakes may forever be my breakfast since I'm not a big breakfast eater.
Hi Amber,

I'm not really sure. I'm new to all this posting stuff. Maybe someone can tell us? I do see you can make someone a buddy.

I am most challenged with the lack of face to face group support in this diet. I'm hoping these boards fill that need for me?
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #25
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Hi Amber,

I'm not really sure. I'm new to all this posting stuff. Maybe someone can tell us? I do see you can make someone a buddy.

I am most challenged with the lack of face to face group support in this diet. I'm hoping these boards fill that need for me?
I have found the boards to be a great place and I added you to my buddy list, I'm not really sure what that does though! LOL
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.