Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Question: I have had the flu for the past week and have been staying strong with no foods that I am not allowed to have on ideal protein however, most days I have not been able to eat the IP packets. I've been living off of 6 oz chicken breast, chicken broth, water and tea. Have I sabotaged my diet? I have just not had an appetite with this bug!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Question: I have had the flu for the past week and have been staying strong with no foods that I am not allowed to have on ideal protein however, most days I have not been able to eat the IP packets. I've been living off of 6 oz chicken breast, chicken broth, water and tea. Have I sabotaged my diet? I have just not had an appetite with this bug!
I'm brand new to IP, so no advice here...but wanted to say I hope you get better super soon! I'm sorry you have the flu. It's a harsh flu season this year.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters!

Hope everyone has a great day!
You are doing so fantastic! You have really given me more drive to stick to the program and not give into temptation. I'm only on Day 7 and it's been rough at times, but it keeps getting better.

Pauline
Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #34  

I'm nervous...excited....worried....to go to my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I've stayed 100% OP even with all the ups and downs. I am actually very proud of myself. I realized that over the past few years whenever I have attempted some sort of a diet that I couldn't even make it a whole day. I feel good about IP and wish I had heard of this sooner...like years ago!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #35  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
You are doing so fantastic! You have really given me more drive to stick to the program and not give into temptation. I'm only on Day 7 and it's been rough at times, but it keeps getting better.

Pauline
Ideal protein really works! Stick with it and you will do awesome. good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 03-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #36  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

Finally did my measurements this morning; I am down a total of 80 inches since I started! That is 14.5 inches since I last measured 9 weeks ago. It really goes to show that we shouldn't only use the scale to track our progress! I have lost more inches than lbs in the last 9 weeks, but I am still shrinking, so that is all that matters!

That is totally amazing -GO YOU!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #37  

Quote:
I'm nervous...excited....worried....to go to my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I've stayed 100% OP even with all the ups and downs. I am actually very proud of myself. I realized that over the past few years whenever I have attempted some sort of a diet that I couldn't even make it a whole day. I feel good about IP and wish I had heard of this sooner...like years ago!
Just keep it up you will be amazed by the weight and inches that come off, I was the same way about with attempting diets- wish I had heard of IP before.

Shrinking Susie- you are so motivating
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #38  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I know what you mean! I am completely STUNNED that I have made it so far & wished I had known of this ages ago as well. Oh well, no time like the present so let's send this fat flying off once & for all!

Good luck tomorrow
Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #39  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good morning. It is a nice, mild day here! Lets hope this weather sticks around!

Wow! That is so awesome! Congrats!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #40  

Question about IP soy nuts, why are they listed as restricted? For 30g - cal 140, fat 7g, carbs 9g but fibre 4g, thus net carbs is 5g, and protein 11g.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

ReenHag and TurtleMom, thanks for the replies! I think I'm adjusting: I never felt like I had to run to the restroom today, and I drank 24 oz of water just during my morning classes. Last week was tough, though.

NSVs today: I put my pants on this morning, and they fastened without my having to fight with them! And when I bent over to touch my toes this afternoon--right after lunch at that; kindergarten and 1st grade both had "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes" as part of the lesson--I could do it, easily, and still breathe! I'm looking forward to my first WI on Thursday!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2 View Post
Question about IP soy nuts, why are they listed as restricted? For 30g - cal 140, fat 7g, carbs 9g but fibre 4g, thus net carbs is 5g, and protein 11g.

Thanks
I don't have a nutrition label for them.
Perhaps fat content?

Calories from fat is 63 (7g x 9 cals per gram)
This is more than 30% fat
Old 03-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #43  

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/178/145

Height: 5'3

Question Too much food!

Does anyone else find It hard to get through that much meat, vegetables AND space packs in one day?? Has anyone ever been given permission to reduce amnt. Of packets or meat portions?

Last edited by Jethrohotfox; 03-10-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #45  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrohotfox View Post
Does anyone else find It hard to get through that much meat, vegetables AND space packs in one day?? Has anyone ever been given permission to reduce amnt. Of packets or meat portions?
LOL, I have no problem what-so-ever!! But I do space the food out throughout the day.

I use the chocolate shake in my morning coffee for a nice mocha/breakfast, morning snack is usually my restricted with tea at my desk, I've always done half my meat and vegis at lunch and the other half at supper. If I'm feeling quite full after supper I just have a jello before 8pm but other times if I'm hungry I have something a little more filling. Love the new S&V chips!

You will get used to all those vegis... two cups of mushrooms sauteed doesn't look like as much after they've cooked! Hope you get used to the plan soon!
Closed Thread