3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293630-ip-daily-chat.html)

PurpleMomster 03-11-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4961092)
I have been considering getting one, mostly because I'm curious to see how many calories I burn at work, but wish it didn't have to be worn on my wrist.

Just a quick pop-in before I go WI - I got a Fitbit Flex last week and I LOVE IT!!! I love how it tracks my steps and how many calories I burn and it tracks my sleep - I can tell when I've had a bad sleep by how restless I was and how many times I was awake. I also use it as alarm - it has a silent alarm setting and vibrates to wake you.

I use it in conjunction with MFP to track my food and wow, very interesting! I highly recommend it for anyone that's looking for one.

Jo

ems70508 03-11-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenJen444 (Post 4961168)
I got the FitBit Flex for Christmas and absolutely love it. It really motivates me to move more.

Funnily, my dad got my mom one for Christmas and she was a little offended. Now, she's just as obsessed with hers as I am with mine!

I looked at the wrist ones but was hesitant. I think I want it more hidden, like the Zip. Less questions, etc...ya know? They basically do the same thing. I think I'll get it and try it out for a few days. If I don't like it, I can always return.

mckaren4 03-11-2014 01:06 PM

I have a fitbit zip. I love it and how it integrates with my fitness pal. I wear it in the middle of my bra. I don't lose it the way I do other pedometers and I find it very accurate! And also there is an app for it to update on my iphone to both the fitbit website and mfp- you just have to press the zip for it to update you don't have to take it off! Every week I get an email with my stats from fitbit -very encouraging to keep walking!

HulaChic 03-11-2014 02:28 PM

First WI today!!! Down 7 lbs!!! I really was shocked even though I was 100% OP!!! I am so thrilled, happy, relieved, and looking forward to this whole process!!!

Pauline

tabletop1234 03-11-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulaChic (Post 4961234)
First WI today!!! Down 7 lbs!!! I really was shocked even though I was 100% OP!!! I am so thrilled, happy, relieved, and looking forward to this whole process!!!

Pauline

Awesome job! Keep up the hard work! It will pay off and you will be so happy with yourself :carrot:

ems70508 03-11-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckaren4 (Post 4961198)
I have a fitbit zip. I love it and how it integrates with my fitness pal. I wear it in the middle of my bra. I don't lose it the way I do other pedometers and I find it very accurate! And also there is an app for it to update on my iphone to both the fitbit website and mfp- you just have to press the zip for it to update you don't have to take it off! Every week I get an email with my stats from fitbit -very encouraging to keep walking!

I got it on my lunch break! I really like its integration with MFP. I wish I didn't have to use MFP and FitBit had a decent food diary but alas, it doesn't. It's such a motivator. I'm excited!

Congrats HulaChick-Keep it up!!!

MsGracie 03-11-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Pauline

Congratulations!! That is wonderful :hug: My first weigh in is on Thursday and I can't wait!!

sunflwr816 03-11-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4961281)
I got it on my lunch break! I really like its integration with MFP. I wish I didn't have to use MFP and FitBit had a decent food diary but alas, it doesn't. It's such a motivator. I'm excited!

Congrats HulaChick-Keep it up!!!

Awesome! Keep us updated with how you like it for exercise/steps/sleep. I have a birthday coming up in April....this could be a great gift to myself ;)

shrinkingsusie 03-11-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4961106)
You don't have to wear it on your wrist! They have one called the ZIP. http://www.fitbit.com/zip

You can stick on your bra, in your pocket or kind of tuck it behind your belt. I'm really intrigued by this little thing. I wanted to try out the app before I purchased the fitbit but my phone won't let me download anything right now..it's acting weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4961169)
Just a quick pop-in before I go WI - I got a Fitbit Flex last week and I LOVE IT!!! I love how it tracks my steps and how many calories I burn and it tracks my sleep - I can tell when I've had a bad sleep by how restless I was and how many times I was awake. I also use it as alarm - it has a silent alarm setting and vibrates to wake you.

I use it in conjunction with MFP to track my food and wow, very interesting! I highly recommend it for anyone that's looking for one.

Jo

Does it only monitor steps and distance, or is it a heart rate monitor as well?

Bellamack 03-11-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4961085)
congrats sunflwr!!!! That's so great!

In regards to hunger, it comes and goes for me. I chug lots and lots of tea. Sometimes I throw in a pickle or two.

Does anyone use a fitness monitor like fitbit? looking at purchasing one to motivate/track what I do on a daily basis. What's cool about the fitbit zip is that it syncs with MFP.

Yes ems, I love my fitbit flex and it does sync with MFP and I love the weekly report.
ems MFP has a very extensive food diary with all restaurants, if you have packaging, like IP, you just use the scanner, it has had all the IP foods and all the ones I have gotten from Nashua!

catlady1981 03-11-2014 07:14 PM

WI # 2 today. Lost 1.2. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but looking at two weeks it's a total of 6.4 lbs. I'll take it.

So I am having trouble with the ticker thing. Can someone give me some clues how to do this, because clearly, I've got it wrong.

Ruth Ann 03-11-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4961362)
WI # 2 today. Lost 1.2. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but looking at two weeks it's a total of 6.4 lbs. I'll take it.

So I am having trouble with the ticker thing. Can someone give me some clues how to do this, because clearly, I've got it wrong.

Congrats on the loss! 6 lbs in two weeks is great!

Can't help you with the ticker, sorry - I just used one from this site.

catlady1981 03-11-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Pauline

Congrats! That's awesome!:congrat:

catlady1981 03-11-2014 07:24 PM

Bad Ticker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4961365)
Congrats on the loss! 6 lbs in two weeks is great!

Can't help you with the ticker, sorry - I just used one from this site.

I can't even get that to work. I go to edit my signature, click on the start here and I get a page that says Archive, Nothing to show. When I click on help, it says invalid file. I've disabled pop ups thinking that was it, still nothing.

Ruth Ann 03-11-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4961369)
I can't even get that to work. I go to edit my signature, click on the start here and I get a page that says Archive, Nothing to show. When I click on help, it says invalid file. I've disabled pop ups thinking that was it, still nothing.

That's weird - I can edit my signature but when I clicked on "edit weight tracker" I got the Archives page too.