Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Trust me, I thought this would be the hardest part of IP, but it was a cinch! And this is coming from a stressed put middle school teacher who used to have a bottle on hand at all times and go out to happy hour regularly with co-workers. I still hang out with them; I just stick with unsweet tea and Splenda. It truly is all about the company, not the booze.
I thought it would be the hardest part, as well. All of my social gatherings revolve around alcohol (happy hours, wine with dinner, craft beers. We like fine food/ beverages!). And I certainly have not avoided any social situations. I just go in with a plan and stick to the plan. Nobody is bothered by the fact that I'm not indulging anymore. I'm still drinking, just not alcohol. And everyone is so happy for me and the positive changes I've made.

Even when I've been off P1, I really didn't indulge often. Our tastes really change. And I'd rather be thinner than drink. It is amazing how attitudes change if we stick to the plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-09-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Week 10 weigh in today. I can't believe this diet that I was going to "try for a week or two" has turned into a lifestyle change. Down 2.9 pounds this week for a total of almost 35! I told my kids I would take them all to Great Wolf Lodge if I could lose 40 pounds so it looks like I might actually have to pay up lol. In other news, my husband is down 36 pounds too so we have a competition going!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
No you don't sound rude. Like you said I am an adult and I haven't so much made up my mind as intended to walk into something with a plan. I am not convincing myself it's ok, I know it's not ok, but no one is perfect. But we can't all spend our whole diet avoiding situations that are challenging. That is no way to live so my only intention is to go be with my family and there is no fault in knowing my own weakness and being prepared. Who knows I may surprise myself. It's still a week away and I've managed to do lots of things I thought would be a challenge.
You cannot avoid challenging moments and occasions, but you can certainly plan an on program way to deal with it. Myself, I have always told myself that the off program items will always be there and when I am on maintenance can be worked into the program. I am there now, and my biggest challenge has been my mother-in-law's meals. Well for Easter I can now have the day at her house as my cheat day after spending the last 4 months gently telling her I cannot have certain things.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I thought it would be the hardest part, as well. All of my social gatherings revolve around alcohol (happy hours, wine with dinner, craft beers. We like fine food/ beverages!). And I certainly have not avoided any social situations. I just go in with a plan and stick to the plan. Nobody is bothered by the fact that I'm not indulging anymore. I'm still drinking, just not alcohol. And everyone is so happy for me and the positive changes I've made.

Even when I've been off P1, I really didn't indulge often. Our tastes really change. And I'd rather be thinner than drink. It is amazing how attitudes change if we stick to the plan.
Lisa: I thought it would be hard to give up my craft beers too! My son came over on Friday night and I gave my entire stash to him. La Fin DuMonde, OlaDubh, stouts, IPA's and many others. He was one happy camper. I figured it would just be easier to remove the temptation. I haven't had a beer in over 3 months since I was going low carb on Paleo. So this just seemed like the next logical step. I think that pre-no alcohol drinking has been helpful. I had a stressful day at work on Friday and my norm was to come home and have a few drinks. Not this time. I came home and did 20 minutes on my stationary bike!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #80  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Lisa: I thought it would be hard to give up my craft beers too! My son came over on Friday night and I gave my entire stash to him. La Fin DuMonde, OlaDubh, stouts, IPA's and many others. He was one happy camper. I figured it would just be easier to remove the temptation. I haven't had a beer in over 3 months since I was going low carb on Paleo. So this just seemed like the next logical step. I think that pre-no alcohol drinking has been helpful. I had a stressful day at work on Friday and my norm was to come home and have a few drinks. Not this time. I came home and did 20 minutes on my stationary bike!
THIS is why we need a Like button! I LOVE this!

Renee
Old 03-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

It took me forever to get through the posts, I have missed so much in two days.

Rene - what you and your husband did is so commendable. Not too many people would even bother to stop by to help. I had a bad car accident 4 years ago and there was a woman that stopped, called the police, and stayed with me until my husband came. I even called her after to thank her for doing that, it meant so much to me.

I had a challenging day yesterday in terms of staying OP. I had everything planned out for days, but then I forgot my IP snack and it kind of messed things up, but not too bad. We had that baptism yesterday at which we were godparents and I knew we would not be having dinner until 8 pm. I usually eat by 6 so I was worried. I had pudding for breakfast so I can have a restricted bar for snack which I was planning to eat on my way to church. We had to be at our friends house by 4:30 and I was so busy getting everybody ready at the house, had no time for snack and forgot to bring it with me. So to sum it up, I had a few nuts and slices of cheese at their house, and then stuck to roasted meat and salad at the restaurant. No wine, no cake, no pastries (there were 20 trays of different kinds of cakes and pastries!), no fruit. I really did not want to go down that slippery slope. I had only two packs yesterday and did not take my evening vitamins, but I had no bloat this morning and felt good, so I am confident I did not mess anything up.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #82  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I am on my second round of I P. I lost about 30lbs the first time but I phased off because I never had the energy others have on this program. I went back to bad habits, gained the weight back plus 20 lbs. I feel terrible on this round too. I am wondering if any of you have had this situation. Also, I am wondering if South Beach or Atkins would back any better because of the extra fat and calories they allow. Thanks for any insight.
Are you getting all your supplements in? I notice if I don't get my potassium I have less energy.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #83  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Are you getting all your supplements in? I notice if I don't get my potassium I have less energy.
Thank you for responding. I am taking all of my supplements.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

I was moved to a site just for this weekend (I sell new homes so I am usually in a model - beautiful houses with all the comforts of home) and am stuck in an office space in a condo building. It is too busy to eat without interruption (or use the bathroom). Ugh - I only had 1/2 my veggies and a third of my water. To top it off - a friend dropped of the Girl Scout Cookies i ordered last month before I decided to go on IP. My will power is really being tested today. I have stayed strong so far - less than two hours left and I go home.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #85  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Howdy! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and finally got the courage to jump in I'm very new to this -just started my 2nd week of IP. I must say that reading these threads makes for an educational distraction from being hungry! Down 5 lbs at 1st WI, but inches stubbornly refused to budge. At least my clothes are beginning to fit differently!

Thank you to all who share their insight & wisdom -it is helping me stay on course. Wishing everyone well this week <3
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Howdy! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and finally got the courage to jump in I'm very new to this -just started my 2nd week of IP. I must say that reading these threads makes for an educational distraction from being hungry! Down 5 lbs at 1st WI, but inches stubbornly refused to budge. At least my clothes are beginning to fit differently!

Thank you to all who share their insight & wisdom -it is helping me stay on course. Wishing everyone well this week <3
WELCOME!!

Some weeks you lose pounds, some weeks you lose inches and once in awhile you get a double whammy and lose both! (My clinic only measures every third week or two if you request.) I would venture to say that the first couple weeks it us more common to lose weight as you are dropping water weight. The inches WILL come off, so don't stress (stress adversely affects losses!)

Stay OP, stay the course and you will be dropping everything, including your drawers if you aren't careful!!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-09-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the Chat, Turtlemom! Congrats on your 5 pound loss. Keeping busy will get you through the beginning weeks. Don't worry, the inches will be gone soon enough.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi Cat!

Good for you giving the beers to your son... And when you get to maintenance and want a beer, you now have someone who owes you one!

How did your meeting with the new coach go? Was it the one you met here and were messaging with?

Hope all is well in your IP world!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

I'm on day 6 and every day is so different. I appreciate all the advice that I have been reading here. Very helpful and motivating

I'm getting a sore throat (over the last 2 days) and just feeling kind of achy all over. I'm not sure if it's the diet...detoxing...sugar/carb withdrawls...or what. Then I get emotional and feel like crying. My period isn't due...so maybe the diet. Weird! Oh, and I am a bit snacky, too. Not really bad, but I would love to eat a bag of chips or something. :-)

Pauline
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #90  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post

Welcome TurtleMom! You will find this forum, not only a great resource, but a wonderful support system! Be sure to let us know about the good days and the bad... we can all relate!
Closed Thread