3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/8 - Sun 3/9/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293577-ip-weekend-chat-sat-3-8-sun-3-9-2014-a.html)

AmberLS 03-08-2014 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=ReenHag;4959459]I have to share- I used to LOVE moscato and even sweeter whites, like ice wine. Anything with TONS of residual sugar. I enjoyed a light red here or there, but moscato was my wine of choice and reisling was a close second. After phasing off for the holidays, I found that most whites were SUPER unappealing. They were way too sweet! Ugh. Now I stick with red blends when I have wine.

I hope I start finding things like that too sweet! Riesling is also my second favorite! LOL.

drd1961 03-09-2014 08:11 AM

Another NSV yesterday. I was running around helping the costumer on the show I am producing yesterday and saw some dress pants I liked. Since I am building my wardrobe up, I grabbed the 5/6 and tried them on....too big! Had to buy 3/4. Went home and was folding clothes and my husband said, your pants are way too big(they were my big size 6). So even though I have move through phases, I must still be losing. My coach said phase 3 can actually rev your metabolism.

getnlean 03-09-2014 09:05 AM

I am on my second round of I P. I lost about 30lbs the first time but I phased off because I never had the energy others have on this program. I went back to bad habits, gained the weight back plus 20 lbs. I feel terrible on this round too. I am wondering if any of you have had this situation. Also, I am wondering if South Beach or Atkins would back any better because of the extra fat and calories they allow. Thanks for any insight.

bluegingham 03-09-2014 09:43 AM

Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4959584)
Another NSV yesterday. I was running around helping the costumer on the show I am producing yesterday and saw some dress pants I liked. Since I am building my wardrobe up, I grabbed the 5/6 and tried them on....too big! Had to buy 3/4. Went home and was folding clothes and my husband said, your pants are way too big(they were my big size 6). So even though I have move through phases, I must still be losing. My coach said phase 3 can actually rev your metabolism.

What an exciting celebration!

gnalosit 03-09-2014 09:56 AM

Post snowboarding trip WI and I still managed to lose 6 lbs over two weeks, not bad with 5 days off plan! I guess 6+ hours of activity everyday helped. My coach said she couldn't even be that upset because of my loss. :-)

So my coach measures me every week but never tells me how many inches I've lost? Next week I am going to ask to take a photo of the sheet with my phone, I like having the data. I would be nice to know my inches when my losses aren't so good.

AmberLS 03-09-2014 10:03 AM

Tomorrow is week 3 weigh in day. It's actually kind of exciting. But I'm thinking about asking for a "planned cheat day" next weekend. My coach said we could work something like that out and with the anniversary of my dad's death I'd like to have a few drinks with my family and friends. I don't want cheat foods though lol.

ReenHag 03-09-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnalosit (Post 4959636)
Post snowboarding trip WI and I still managed to lose 6 lbs over two weeks, not bad with 5 days off plan! I guess 6+ hours of activity everyday helped. My coach said she couldn't even be that upset because of my loss. :-)

So my coach measures me every week but never tells me how many inches I've lost? Next week I am going to ask to take a photo of the sheet with my phone, I like having the data. I would be nice to know my inches when my losses aren't so good.

Way to go! Hubby's coach would make a copy of the sheet for him when he asked. Then I entered the data into a spreadsheet to see the changes week by week.

Happy Sunday, all! Hope things are well. Down 1.6 today! That was a good feeling this morning. I know I will have to go shopping soon for some new clothes.

I am going to ak you all to send healing thoughts to MD. Hubby and I decided to go on a spur of the moment day trip yesterday to enjoy the sun and 60's. En route, we witnessed a horrific accident on the highway. It has to be one of the most traumatic things I have ever experienced and hope never to again. Two lives were lost and four others were injured, but those four should be fine. Hubby and I spent a while on the side of the road helping victims stay calm and providing statements to the police. Just send your healing thoughts to the families involved, and to us, too, if you don't mind. I am so blessed and grateful to be safe, as we were one car ahead of the impact; however, I still feel deeply shaken by the experience. I know not as shaken as the families involved, but it hass dfinitely affected me. Please, ALWAYS buckle up and NEVER. Use your phone while driving.

~Renee

lisa32989 03-09-2014 10:11 AM

Oh Reen!
My thoughts to you and the families and friends of those injured and killed.

How gracious of you and DH to stop to help. Not everyone in this world is that kind. I know the shock of witnessing a traumatic event. Hug your dear ones closer as you recover from what you witnessed.

You are absolutely right about the rice of distracted driving. I see people in traffic every day talking and texting. My thought is always for the safety of myself safety of those I love with the distractedness of others around me.

lisa32989 03-09-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4959641)
Tomorrow is week 3 weigh in day. It's actually kind of exciting. But I'm thinking about asking for a "planned cheat day" next weekend. My coach said we could work something like that out and with the anniversary of my dad's death I'd like to have a few drinks with my family and friends. I don't want cheat foods though lol.

There is never a good time to start a diet. All year there will be events/holidays that tempt us to stray. We can choose to put ourselves first, making our health and wellness a priority or we can succumb to every event along the way.

Depending on who you ask, you'll get varied answers. If you ask in the 100% thread, you'll get strategies for staying the course. If you ask other places, you'll get support for cheating. Only you can decide what is most important.

I learned through a year of holidays and events to focus more on interactions with people and building relationships. None of that is food or drink specific. I learned every event is enjoyable. It was me that was making the big deal out of what was being served (in my own head). When I started placing my focus on something else besides food & drink, what was served was no longer important.

And just in case you think I don't "get it", FYI I lost my dad a few years back after a tragic accident. His wake & memorial services were both at his favorite bar. The focus on bar food and drinks was huge in his life. I celebrate him today by becoming more healthy.

gidgetonsweets 03-09-2014 10:19 AM

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

RosiePosie101 03-09-2014 10:32 AM

Happy weekend everyone. What a week I've had. Massive working hours but have stayed 100% the entire time. So glad I got into the groove of IP before these work challenges came up so I don't make excuses. Would have loved a glass of wine on Friday night but instead had a club soda and some Mio instead. I haven't drunk anything other than water, decaf teas or coffee since starting IP nine weeks ago and although the club soda was delicious and I loved the sensation of drinking bubbles, one glass was enough. Oh, how I've changed - I used to drink loads of diet coke so this was a big moment.

On another topic, my NSV of the weekend was finding that I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them first. I did think they were getting a little baggy but hadn't realized how much!!

ReenHag 03-09-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets (Post 4959666)
Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

Twenty pounds in six weeks is FABULOUS! That equates to more than three pounds per week on average. May I ask what your expectations are?

Also, here are some considerations: first, vary your menu in accordance with the protocol sheets. Otherwise, you may get bored quickly. Make sure you are getting in your oil and salt daily. You seem to be focused on the cost vs losses. If cost is an issue, consider supplementing with some alternate products, like Proti Diet, EAS shakes, etc., that many of us use regularly. However, it is hard to put a price on improving one's health! You are investing in yourself, and you are definitely worth it!!!

Remember, you are an individual. Do not compare yourself to others, on this board or elsewhere. That usually leads to negativity. Follow the plan 100% and you WILL see losses. Take them as they come and be grateful. The weight will come off on its schedule, not yours. You didn't put it all on over a few weeks or months, so don't expect it to fall off in the same time frame. IP is a womderul program to teach us how to eat and maintain a healthy weight long term. Learn what you can, work the program, then live it.

drd1961 03-09-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets (Post 4959666)

I am not sure if the 900 is for the whole program, or what you sunk in as buy-in and food. As far as food, you would be buying food with dollars anyway, and it probably would be junk. I also do not think you can equate 20 pounds with the money because to me, there is much more going on. There is an education that will help in the long run. I just spend 25,000 on getting a bachelor degree. I have to tell you tbe IP education has been worth more than some of those classes. I am now at the less costly part of the program. I do not have to buy prepackaged foods, but I do feel that I am worth the cost of organic and fresh food, not cheap processed food. Just some thoughts to think of.

AmberLS 03-09-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4959665)
There is never a good time to start a diet. All year there will be events/holidays that tempt us to stray. We can choose to put ourselves first, making our health and wellness a priority or we can succumb to every event along the way.

Depending on who you ask, you'll get varied answers. If you ask in the 100% thread, you'll get strategies for staying the course. If you ask other places, you'll get support for cheating. Only you can decide what is most important.

I learned through a year of holidays and events to focus more on interactions with people and building relationships. None of that is food or drink specific. I learned every event is enjoyable. It was me that was making the big deal out of what was being served (in my own head). When I started placing my focus on something else besides food & drink, what was served was no longer important.

And just in case you think I don't "get it", FYI I lost my dad a few years back after a tragic accident. His wake & memorial services were both at his favorite bar. The focus on bar food and drinks was huge in his life. I celebrate him today by becoming more healthy.

I agree there are always excuses and change is hard. I stick to my plan very well and am not looking to stop. I just know my own weakness and like many people avoid certain things. I personally avoid going out to the bar but have no problems taking my kids to restaurants, or for treats, or ordering girls scout cookies for them, but I know if I go to the bar I'm going to have a drink with my friends, so I don't go. It's not a big deal 99% of the time. I'm finding lot's of things to do and keeping myself busy. But I will be going to the bar next weekend, its not something I can just avoid this time, nor would I want to. I am struggling enough emotionally this week with the memories of seeing him the last time etc., but I am staying on plan. However with all this in mind I need this time with my family and friends so I will go. My coach already told me that some drinks are "better" than others so I figure I will do this the best way possible. I don't plan to go drink myself to oblivion, or eat anything off plan, but if I can go and have a couple drinks without totally sabotaging my diet I will. If I can go and have a plan that's better than going in without one. Who knows maybe I won't drink it's hard to say since I'm not in that position yet, but in case I do better to be prepared then to just blow it.

65X65 03-09-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4959642)
Way to go! Hubby's coach would make a copy of the sheet for him when he asked. Then I entered the data into a spreadsheet to see the changes week by week.

Happy Sunday, all! Hope things are well. Down 1.6 today! That was a good feeling this morning. I know I will have to go shopping soon for some new clothes.

I am going to ak you all to send healing thoughts to MD. Hubby and I decided to go on a spur of the moment day trip yesterday to enjoy the sun and 60's. En route, we witnessed a horrific accident on the highway. It has to be one of the most traumatic things I have ever experienced and hope never to again. Two lives were lost and four others were injured, but those four should be fine. Hubby and I spent a while on the side of the road helping victims stay calm and providing statements to the police. Just send your healing thoughts to the families involved, and to us, too, if you don't mind. I am so blessed and grateful to be safe, as we were one car ahead of the impact; however, I still feel deeply shaken by the experience. I know not as shaken as the families involved, but it hass dfinitely affected me. Please, ALWAYS buckle up and NEVER. Use your phone while driving.

~Renee

Sending you a hug or many more over the next days...and a thank-you for being a Good Samaritan. I know, I know......all decent people would do what you did...but you also opened your emotions forever by doing this and become victimized as well.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Peace...you did good. Be good to the two of you today. Thanks for sharing.
A big Thank-You.