Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #181  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arich View Post
Hi Everyone
I just started today and I have a couple of questions about how much flexibility I can have. Specifically, my plan says I can have coffee with breakfast- is it okay to wait until mid-morning? Also, can you have the snack at any time during the day- I am usually hungrier in the mornings and I am worried about being a bear cat until lunch.

so far so good! I am super excited!
I am on a UK (shake that weight) which is very similar to IP. Yes, you can wait until mid morning and have your snack whenever you want on my regime I have been encouraged to tailor mine to my life style and I doubt yours will be much different. However, I'm sure someone better qualified in this particular one than I am will soon be along. I have lost 13lbs in 3 weeks. probably a bit more because weigh in isn't until tomorrow morning. Good Luck. You can do it. Don't forget to keep an eye on the inches. Sometimes we slow up a bit on the loss, but the inches melt away
Old 04-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #182  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Hi Cali. This program DOES work. The weight came off quickly and I felt great. BUT I didn't phase off of phase 4 properly and I just went back to eating how I usually ate. I'm not an "unhealthy" eater, but I think my body is carb sensitive maybe so this time I need a better "after" plan.
I think my body is carb sensitive also.

I have never been an unhealthy eater either...

good reminder to me to take the maintenance phases seriously!

How amazing to find a diet where the weight comes off quickly and you feel great doing it!

IP is a God send!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #183  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Hi Everyone
I just started today and I have a couple of questions about how much flexibility I can have. Specifically, my plan says I can have coffee with breakfast- is it okay to wait until mid-morning? Also, can you have the snack at any time during the day- I am usually hungrier in the mornings and I am worried about being a bear cat until lunch.

Hi Arich,

Welcome aboard....

I'm only on day 17 myself....

I'm super excited about IP too!

I hope you have the best FIRST IP DAY evah!

Cali

Last edited by IPCali; 04-03-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 154/146/123

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,
My DH and I started IP together a little over 2 weeks ago. I have been lurking on the site and have really gained a lot of valuable information so I thought I should introduce myself.
So far, it has gone really well for us.

Deb
Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Yes, you can have your coffee whenever you like. Remember, one cup if caffeinated. If you want more you need to add an additional cup of water for each additional cup of coffee. (Decaf you don't, but it doesn't,t count towards your water either so you probably won,t want to drink too much!)

And YES, you can have your snack whenever you want!

There isn't much room for flexibility in IP, but you should be fine with those items!

WELCOME! Remember to visit us in the Daily Chat too and post questions there. You will get answers from those with a wide range of experience on IP.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #186  

Height: 5'4"

Hi there!

I'm going to be starting IP on Monday. I took the plunge and visited a "clinic" this morning, and got signed up and stocked up. I'm actually going to be away from home for the next 3 weeks, but I'm bringing my food with me (i have a kitchen at my temporary digs).

I've got one WF salad dressing (fruit balsamic vinaigrette) that I'll bring, as well as salt & pepper and some soya sauce. I was wondering what other spices/sauces/etc. you love? This way I can pack them and bring them with me (i'm driving and have lots of room) rather than having to buy all new stuff.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:39 AM   #187  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelflife View Post
Hi there!

I'm going to be starting IP on Monday. I took the plunge and visited a "clinic" this morning, and got signed up and stocked up. I'm actually going to be away from home for the next 3 weeks, but I'm bringing my food with me (i have a kitchen at my temporary digs).

I've got one WF salad dressing (fruit balsamic vinaigrette) that I'll bring, as well as salt & pepper and some soya sauce. I was wondering what other spices/sauces/etc. you love? This way I can pack them and bring them with me (i'm driving and have lots of room) rather than having to buy all new stuff.

Hi Shelf Life,

Sounds like you have a positive, 'can do' attitude.

You sound READY to lose weight!

My favorite spice is turning out to be the salt that we're required to

use each day.

Makes my veggies ohhhh sooo gooood!

I never knew cauliflower could be so awesome!

All the best to you....
Old 04-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #188  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Hi there!

Welcome! Really great you're getting prepared ahead of time - planning makes all the difference on IP.

I wouldn't want to be without:

WF pancake syrup
WF 1000 Island
Franks Red Hot Sauce
Braggs Liquid Amino
Garlic powder
Chopped garlic
Ginger
Jalapeno mustard (I like Silver Spring)
Regular mustard
Dill pickles (I like Bubbies but any brand that has no sugar/fat/carbs will work-amazing that some dill pickles have sugar in them)

That's all I can think of for the moment except for decaf tea - I keep those at home, in my purse, and at work.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 319/296/150

Height: 57

I am on day 42 of the Ideal Protein Diet. The first week was rough but I made it through it and I was doing great. As of last week I was down 21 pounds and a total of 26 inches. It's hard to believe that I have been without sugar & carbs this long. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no will power and I usually can't stick to a diet any longer than a week. SO far this has been the BEST diet for me but this last week has been a struggle. I cheated and I had pecans & some cashews. In my mind I tried to justify it because it's not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Since this cheat the scale hasn't moved and I have had a belly ache. SO NOT WORTH IT!!! I do find it hard to believe that having these nuts would have such a negative impact on my weight-loss. I have about 100lbs to lose so staying motivated at times is a battle! I understand that I am a large person and I'd have to lose alot a weight before anyone notices but it discouraging after 21lbs & 26 inches that NOT one person has noticed. I gotta just keep on plugging along! My motivation has been reading this blog. It's encouraging and very informative! Thank you all for sharing your stories & tips!!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #190  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor1017 View Post
I am on day 42 of the Ideal Protein Diet. The first week was rough but I made it through it and I was doing great. As of last week I was down 21 pounds and a total of 26 inches. It's hard to believe that I have been without sugar & carbs this long. Anyone who knows me knows that I have no will power and I usually can't stick to a diet any longer than a week. SO far this has been the BEST diet for me but this last week has been a struggle. I cheated and I had pecans & some cashews. In my mind I tried to justify it because it's not a sugar or a carbohydrate. Since this cheat the scale hasn't moved and I have had a belly ache. SO NOT WORTH IT!!! I do find it hard to believe that having these nuts would have such a negative impact on my weight-loss. I have about 100lbs to lose so staying motivated at times is a battle! I understand that I am a large person and I'd have to lose alot a weight before anyone notices but it discouraging after 21lbs & 26 inches that NOT one person has noticed. I gotta just keep on plugging along! My motivation has been reading this blog. It's encouraging and very informative! Thank you all for sharing your stories & tips!!
Funny how our brains can justify just about anything if we let them, isn't it? The best thing to do is get right back being OP - like the very next bite you put in your mouth. And next time you are tempted to cheat, remember how you felt after doing so and ask yourself "is it really worth it?"

As far as people noticing, I think I had lost about 30 lbs before anyone really noticed (except my husband, but he's biased!). But I knew I was losing and could feel my clothes getting looser and that's the important part. Knowing you are doing this and getting healthier is such a great feeling. Remember why you are trying to lose weight - write down all the reasons and keep them with you for times you are feeling discouraged.

Also, take pictures now. I find it great motivation to go back and review my progress pics - especially of my face, that's where the loss showed up first and it was pretty amazing.

Really, you're doing great - just have a little patience. You will lose and people will notice (sometimes more than you'd like!). Commit to staying 100% and the pounds will come off!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #191  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Glad I found this site. I am going to the Ideal Protein seminar on April 14th. Looking forward to going down this path. I have 96 pounds to lose and am ready to take my life back. Look forward to learning from all you Ideal Protein warriors.

Nancy
Old 04-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #192  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Hi there!

Definitely apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #193  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the replies! I think I've figured out a more comprehensive list kitchen staples to bring thanks to your suggestions It's not like there are no grocery stores where I'm going, so if I really miss something, it's easy enough to just buy it too. I'm sure there will be some trial and error as I get started.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 333/190/155

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hi, I'm newly signed in, but have been lurking for a little while. Thank you to all of those that I've poached information from! I started IP on Feb 14th and am down 25 pounds. It actually works! I've been chipping away at this for a long time. My highest weight was 333 in 2002. Having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2012 lit some fire under me. I can't believe that my glucose numbers are so flat on this protocol. Gives me hope! Anyway, thanks for this forum. I won't lurk anymore.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #195  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilysc View Post
Hi, I'm newly signed in, but have been lurking for a little while. Thank you to all of those that I've poached information from! I started IP on Feb 14th and am down 25 pounds. It actually works! I've been chipping away at this for a long time. My highest weight was 333 in 2002. Having been diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2012 lit some fire under me. I can't believe that my glucose numbers are so flat on this protocol. Gives me hope! Anyway, thanks for this forum. I won't lurk anymore.

Hi Emily SC,

Congrats on the major weight loss...

only about 50 days and 25 lbs!

That's something to be proud of!

That is so awesome that IP gives you flat/low glucose numbers!

I am new also.

All the best!
Closed Thread