Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
Hi, everyone ~

I am on Day Two of IP and have to say I am very grateful for the forum. There is a lot of valuable information in here and good advice from more experienced IPers.

Yesterday afternoon was a bit rough, so I am spacing out my meals a bit more. Started with chocolate pudding for breakfast (from my starter pack) and am having my salad now - saving my IP lunch item for about 2:30 when things started heading downhill yesterday.
Welcome JSorrell
Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #167  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi1971 View Post
Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along
Hi Jessi! Hang in there - the scale will start moving. So many things happen that can make the scale stay the same or go up a little - a high sodium day, TOM, inflammation, illness, stress, etc., etc. There's so many factors and your individual metabolism plays a large part too - your body kind of makes up its own mind when it wants to release fat.

If it's going to stress you out too much, quit weighing every day and just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss!

Congrats on the great first week and relax, stay OP and let it work for you!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #168  

Hola,

I just finished Day one of IP and I am excited to see how much weight I can lose. I am hoping to lose at least 35 pounds by mid July (ideal would be 50 pounds by mid July ) Yes I am probably too optimistic

There is a lot of planning involved on the diet because I like variety and at the same time, I usually get tired of planing after the first 2 weeks.

I am hoping that this forum here will keep me motivated. I also wish all the people good luck!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #169  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishone127 View Post
Wow!! what an awesome meal plan. In one week I lost 8 pounds. Only once or twice did I ever feel hungry. Tons of recipes and food ideas others are sharing. I have 75 more to lose and I know I can on this plan. The first week on this plan I attended a two day class where breakfast and lunch were included. I had my breakfast at home before I left and packed a lunch with a bar for lunch. Saturday I had a wedding and my husband who is so supportive made sure I had a fancy bar glass with water and a lemon and 'traded" his steamed vegetables for my mashed potatoes so my plate was on plan. Plan ahead what you are going to eat. I made a big batch of vegetable soup and I am making another batch tomorrow. Remember to add you salt. Hang in there, don't cheat, have a glass of water, go for a walk. Stay out of the kitchen after 8 pm. You can do this!
Hi Lori,

Congrats on the nice weight loss!!

And you had a few non-scale victories in your very first week!

Sounds like you are sooooo ready to succeed on IP!

(I just started a couple of weeks ago too!)

C U around!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #170  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
Week 1 DONE! Here are my results:
Weight: down 7.6 lbs!
Measurements:
Hips: 3 in; Waist: 2 in; Chest: 1 in; Thigh: 1 in; Arm 1/2 in!
Ok I'm giving myself 1 dancing carrot per pound!
:c arrot:
Hi Jillybee,

Great job -

that's lots of pounds and a

shocking amount of inches....

three inces off your hips?

Break out the hoola hoop, girl!

Last edited by IPCali; 04-03-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #171  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaJt View Post
Hola,

I just finished Day one of IP and I am excited to see how much weight I can lose. I am hoping to lose at least 35 pounds by mid July (ideal would be 50 pounds by mid July ) Yes I am probably too optimistic

There is a lot of planning involved on the diet because I like variety and at the same time, I usually get tired of planing after the first 2 weeks.

I am hoping that this forum here will keep me motivated. I also wish all the people good luck!
Hi Elsa,

I am also hoping to lose 35 pounds by mid July.

I just started a couple of weeks ago.

Let's do this!

Last edited by IPCali; 04-03-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 AM   #172  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi1971 View Post
Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along
Hi Jessi,

I just finished my second week and I felt the same way.

I think that awesome first week spoiled me.

I bet you will drop a couple of pounds right before weigh in!

:
:
:
:
:

Keep us posted!

Last edited by IPCali; 04-03-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #173  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Default Hello Everyone. I'm looking for buddies

I think I may be on the UK (yep I’m from over there) equivalent of this diet. Mine is called Shake that Weight. 3-4 shakes or soup a day and if on 3, a healthy meal in the evening plus the water intake. My teeth are floating!. Because I am 64 this year, I am doing it under the care of my doctor.3 shakes a day, and 2 small meals a day or if I feel like it, 3.
I'm also keeping track of measurements. On weeks when I don't have much of a weight loss I'm sure I will have lost inches
I am just coming to the end of week three (weigh in tomorrow) and 13lbs down. I don’t feel hungry, have more energy than I’ve had for years, hips knees and ankles don’t complain so much when I do stairs and my skin and hair look good too.
After 10lb loss on week one my doctor and dietician want to see no more than 4lbs a week loss from now on and ideally 2-3.
I’m in this for the long haul, have tremendous support from my husband.
If I’m allowed, I’d like to pop here every now and again because I can’t find anyone on the same as me on the UK forum

Last edited by Dollydimple; 04-03-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #174  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Welcome IP 43

What are some of the tricks that worked for you first time around?

Hi Cali. This program DOES work. The weight came off quickly and I felt great. BUT I didn't phase off of phase 4 properly and I just went back to eating how I usually ate. I'm not an "unhealthy" eater, but I think my body is carb sensitive maybe so this time I need a better "after" plan.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #175  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Nice to see you
Missed you Lisa. Glad to see you're still here helping people out and plugging along!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #176  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaJt View Post
Hola,

Congrats on getting through the first day! Depending on your height, starting weight, etc. you might be able to do 35 by mid-July, it depends on a lot of factors. Since everyone loses differently, it's hard to say. But if you stay OP the weight will come off! the problem with setting up hard deadlines (I will lose X by Y date) is that it can be so discouraging if you don't meet that goal. I set up weird goals for myself (weigh less than what my drivers license says, weigh less than my husband, etc.) and met each one faster that I ever would have expected.

Check out the recipe, packet hack and purees threads - lots of good ideas to keep these fresh and give you variety. Look at the What Are You Eating Today thread too for ideas. And when you're getting bored or need some motivation post! There's usually someone around to help you out.

Good luck and keep going!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm not a newcomer but a "haven't been here in awhile"-er. I have "gone where I have never gone before"... and it's not a star trek episode but a scale number. So I need to regroup,refocus, and reboot. This forum kept me on track last time and I enjoyed getting to know lots of people so here's to a new start
Hello IP43 I remember you from last time. I'm doing IP again. Going good this tie around. Best of luck. I too let lots of things slide and saw a number on the scale that shocked me back into action. Welcome back!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Hi Jillybee,

Great job -

that's lots of pounds and a

shocking amount of inches....

three inces off your hips?

Break out the hoola hoop, girl!

Thank you so much! What a great community this is!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hi Jessi! Hang in there - the scale will start moving. So many things happen that can make the scale stay the same or go up a little - a high sodium day, TOM, inflammation, illness, stress, etc., etc. There's so many factors and your individual metabolism plays a large part too - your body kind of makes up its own mind when it wants to release fat.

If it's going to stress you out too much, quit weighing every day and just use your weekly weigh in. Stress is not good for weight loss!

Congrats on the great first week and relax, stay OP and let it work for you!
Thank you!!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 261/224/160

Height: 5-6

Hi Everyone
I just started today and I have a couple of questions about how much flexibility I can have. Specifically, my plan says I can have coffee with breakfast- is it okay to wait until mid-morning? Also, can you have the snack at any time during the day- I am usually hungrier in the mornings and I am worried about being a bear cat until lunch.

so far so good! I am super excited!
Closed Thread