Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #151  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Hello all! I've posted a couple times in other threads, glad to find a one for newcomers.
I started IP last one week ago, Monday 3/24/14. I'm not going to a center/coach, I found out about IP from a close friend who is doing it and researched it myself. I have weekly accountability from OA and daily accountability with my sponsor.
I reached my top weight during my second pregnancy, which was 350. That's the weight I chose to list as my start weight (350/286/200) because I wasn't sure what to choose, I've varied so much over the years. But I thought hey, I'll list my top weight because I have lost from that point. I didn't read any guidelines - I hope that's OK. I was 292 when I started IP one week ago. I also don't know that 200 is my final goal weight but a trainer gave me that as a goal a few years ago so I figure that will be my goal for now. Actually, my first goal is 250 because that's the number I've gotten down to a number of times in OA, doing my own food plan, but I cannot break past it. I'm really hoping IP will help me with that.
I've been doing the plan 100%, no cheats. That's important for me because cheating for me is a slippery slope. I tell myself "it's just this once" then before I know it I'm fully back into my food addiction. I've been an OAer for a while now, and I know I'm powerless over food.
I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I need encouragement - words are my Love Language.
My hubby is doing something too, but not IP. He started the same day is me and I'm so grateful because over the years it has been hard to be on a food plan when he is not. We also have two little ones and that can make it hard when they snack all day (but of course are constantly burning calories from running, jumping, climbing, playing) and I'm not snacking at all until after they are in bed. Water, water, water. And sometimes celery with WF peanut spread or lettuce and cucumber with WF dressing.
I got inspired and motivated when I walked into my friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party and didn't recognize her. She had been on IP for 3 months and lost 40 lbs. She's always been much smaller than me but struggled with her weight. She had on high wedges and looked like a model! I was amazed. She had told me over the phone (she lives 3 hours away) about seeing her mom, being inspired, and starting IP. Then I saw her, got inspired, and started IP. I know it works because of them, and now I know even more from those of you here.
It's hard to wait for results. For me, when I'm in the food, time flies by; but when I'm OP, times moves slowly. The weight goes on easily and it's much harder to get it off. But I am finding lots of motivation and encouragement here.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being here, thanks for being part of my journey. I'm sending prayers, warm thoughts, and good vibes to all of you - we are on this journey together. I want to be healthier, happier, a better wife and mom. A more contributing member of society. A good example to others who want to be lighter and healthier. I know I can do it with God, OA, and your help.
Hi Serenity,

I am new here too.

That was a GREAT introduction!

I can relate to how easy it is to put weight on and how much harder it is to get it off.

I can also relate to the temptation of the child's snacks!

How cool that your buddy looked like a model...

seems like IP is so powerful......that it's contagious!

I ......receive...... your prayers, warm thoughts, and good vibes!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #152  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser444 View Post
Hello everyone - just started IP today and so far so good. So relieved I'm finally on my way to losing this weight. I weighed in at the heaviest of my life today

Hi Weight Loser444,

I started about the same weight as you two weeks ago... also my highest weight.

I find IP and this board to be a HUGE relief also.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #153  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANNALSU View Post
I am on day 3 of IP.....I am not sure I will survive lol please tell me it gets better LOL

Hi ShannaLSU,

How are you doing today on IP?

~IPCali
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #154  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I'm not a newcomer but a "haven't been here in awhile"-er. I have "gone where I have never gone before"... and it's not a star trek episode but a scale number. So I need to regroup,refocus, and reboot. This forum kept me on track last time and I enjoyed getting to know lots of people so here's to a new start
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #155  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Welcome IP 43

What are some of the tricks that worked for you first time around?

Last edited by IPCali; 04-01-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm not a newcomer but a "haven't been here in awhile"-er. I have "gone where I have never gone before"... and it's not a star trek episode but a scale number. So I need to regroup,refocus, and reboot. This forum kept me on track last time and I enjoyed getting to know lots of people so here's to a new start

Nice to see you
Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 231/207/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Week One Results are In

Wow!! what an awesome meal plan. In one week I lost 8 pounds. Only once or twice did I ever feel hungry. Tons of recipes and food ideas others are sharing. I have 75 more to lose and I know I can on this plan. The first week on this plan I attended a two day class where breakfast and lunch were included. I had my breakfast at home before I left and packed a lunch with a bar for lunch. Saturday I had a wedding and my husband who is so supportive made sure I had a fancy bar glass with water and a lemon and 'traded" his steamed vegetables for my mashed potatoes so my plate was on plan. Plan ahead what you are going to eat. I made a big batch of vegetable soup and I am making another batch tomorrow. Remember to add you salt. Hang in there, don't cheat, have a glass of water, go for a walk. Stay out of the kitchen after 8 pm. You can do this!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Week 1 DONE! Here are my results:
Weight: down 7.6 lbs!
Measurements:
Hips: 3 in; Waist: 2 in; Chest: 1 in; Thigh: 1 in; Arm 1/2 in!
Ok I'm giving myself 1 dancing carrot per pound!
:c arrot:

Last edited by Jillybee123; 04-02-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #159  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
Measurements:
Way to go JillyBee! I weigh in tonight at 5:30..I would much rather weigh in the AM but I had to take the appointment that worked with my work schedule.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #160  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
Measurements:
YAY!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #161  

Default Hi all

Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along
Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Way to go JillyBee! I weigh in tonight at 5:30..I would much rather weigh in the AM but I had to take the appointment that worked with my work schedule.
Thank you dcs0826 and Good luck! I think I may change to Tuesday next week, my 1st mtg was on a Tuesday and I loved the coach, today didn't really click with the different coach but hate to lose a day for my next weigh-in. I know it doesn't really matter which day though.
Can't wait to hear your progress!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylynt View Post
YAY!!!
Thanks Kaylyn

Last edited by Jillybee123; 04-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi1971 View Post
Hi there, Im a week into the IP program and wanted to say HI! I lost 7.4 pounds but now the scale hasnt moved in 5days! Very discouraging, since Im only in my second week, but plugging along
Keep going and pushing along, and congrats on week 1!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie On Day Two

Hi, everyone ~

I am on Day Two of IP and have to say I am very grateful for the forum. There is a lot of valuable information in here and good advice from more experienced IPers.

Yesterday afternoon was a bit rough, so I am spacing out my meals a bit more. Started with chocolate pudding for breakfast (from my starter pack) and am having my salad now - saving my IP lunch item for about 2:30 when things started heading downhill yesterday.
Closed Thread