Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 191.6/191.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi!

Hi everyone, my name is Janel and I just started the IP diet today! I am doing the alternative form and praying for good results! I think in the past few days I have read nearly every post on here about IP! Lol! I'm so excited!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 214.4/206.8/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hello

Hi everyone, my name is Jacqueline and I have been on IP now for 3 weeks and as of today on my 3rd weigh in I am down a total of 7.5 lbs A girl I work with started talking about IP last Fall when her MIL started the program and as of January her MIL had lost 50 lbs so my friend at work started on program and was at me to join but I was hesitant until I saw what a difference it was making for her. After watching her lose 15lbs in 6 weeks that was it, I had found my direction. I have to say it has only been really difficult the first week and since then after the headaches and gut rot stopped I have had no problems following plan (a few days I was unable to get all my veg in due to being on the road and away from home). I don't even mind the WF products I have used so far Looking forward to being on these boards for inspiration and direction .
Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 153 /135

Height: 5"8

Hi I started 6 days ago. Can you tell me how much chicken we are supposed to eat and can we have bars in phase 1? I know this life plan works if you stick to it.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria7 View Post
Hi I started 6 days ago. Can you tell me how much chicken we are supposed to eat and can we have bars in phase 1? I know this life plan works if you stick to it.
Hi Maria
Did your coach give you the Phase 1 sheet?
You can find it here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html
8 oz of meat protein (weighed raw) per day, for dinner

One IP bar per day (or any other restricted item). They are listed on the sheet, as well. It can't be just "any" bar. They need to adhere to IP standards, if they aren't IP brand
Old 03-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I'm Vicky and just started IP yesterday. A friend of mine told me about it and I thought it could work for me!!
I have been reading some of the posts regarding food and I couldn't find an answer to a question I have. I noticed many people say they've had scrambled eggs. How did you prepare these? My coach gave me the phase 1 sheet and it says no frying. So I was confused if making scrambled eggs or an omelet would be considered frying? Sorry if that sounds dumb!! Lol Thanks!!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #66  

Hi Vicky. You can cook eggs in a pan. Eggs, omeletes, etc, isn't really frying.

You could cook a hamburger in a pan, if you want (I prefer my grill or George Foreman).

Frying is adding a bunch of oil or other grease to a pan, getting it really hot and then cooking the food in that, really fast and hot (deep frying is an example). There would be a lot of oil left over when you are done.

Now, if you fried up a bunch of bacon first and then cooked the eggs in the bacon grease...nope! Don't do it!!!

Spraying a skillet with some Pam and cooking meat or eggs isn't really the definition of frying that IP is eliminating. Hope this helps.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much lisa!! Yes that does help a lot!! I was worried that I might do something wrong and thus my body wouldn't start the process of ketosis! Thanks again for the quick response!! Greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #68  

Vicky
Ketosis is about the carbs, not the fat. The Atkins diet is way higher fat than IP and they go into ketosis, too. There is even a ketogenic diet for seizures that is mostly fat.

Don't be overly afraid of fat. We need SOME. Be sure to put your teaspoons ON your food!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 210/194/160

Height: 5'10"

Smile Lose it!

Hello, all! Just started back up on the alternative IP plan about two weeks ago. So far down over 9 lbs! Hoping to drop another 40 by mid-summer. Vegetables are starting to become a challenge though!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #70  

Default Newbie

I am on day two of my ip diet program. I am feeling some of the side effects I was informed might happen. Glad I was given a heads up and am looking forward to the day when I will suddenly feel better.

How do I make a weight loss graft like some of the other replies have at bottom of message? I am also hoping to find what other brand foods have IDENTICAL ingredients that are in IP foods to save some money.

Good luck to all.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmoktan View Post
Hi,
Started IP a week ago. Had my first WI on Saturday and I had lost only 4.6 but my clothes are fitting better
I have been browsing the threads on this forum and am feeling very positive about being on IP. This is the first time I have been on any kind of diet. I am hoping to shed 35 pounds eventually.

Welcome Vmoktan,

I am also on the IP with alternative products. Started Monday 17th, my WI is on Saturday hoping for good results but a pound down is as good as any lost. I really look forward to these threards the support is good for us......good luck on your journey....hope to see you on here again.

Nas
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelstpe View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Janel and I just started the IP diet today! I am doing the alternative form and praying for good results! I think in the past few days I have read nearly every post on here about IP! Lol! I'm so excited!
Hi Janel!

I'm also following the IP program, without the cost of IP products. I have found I really need to be organized and equiped so that I'm not scrambling when it comes to meal times. With IP products, it is easy to reach for a packet of something so I do find you have to be creative when following the IP protocol.
Here's to success!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default woo Hoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadub View Post
Hello, all! Just started back up on the alternative IP plan about two weeks ago. So far down over 9 lbs! Hoping to drop another 40 by mid-summer. Vegetables are starting to become a challenge though!
Awesome loss so far!! Keep on going and you'll reach your goal in time for summer!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 205/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello all

I'm excited to have found this site. I just had my first weigh in tonight. Extremely dissappointed after only losing 1.4 lbs. My coach went over my food journal and thought it was from skipping a few lunches. I'm a nurse and sometimes we don't get lunches. I'll do better next week! She gave me a few tips for meals on the go. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #75  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadub View Post
Annadub - look in the first post of the daily chat. There's a link to tons of recipes for veggies including mixing them in drink mixes, purees, roasting them, etc. Try some new veggies or some old ones you didn't think you liked prepared different ways - you'll be amazed how your tastes change after awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas145 View Post
I am also on the IP with alternative products. Started Monday 17th, my WI is on Saturday hoping for good results but a pound down is as good as any lost. I really look forward to these threards the support is good for us......good luck on your journey....hope to see you on here again.
You're avsolutely right NAS145 - any pound lost is reason for celebrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnes View Post
I am on day two of my ip diet program. I am feeling some of the side effects I was informed might happen. Glad I was given a heads up and am looking forward to the day when I will suddenly feel better.

How do I make a weight loss graft like some of the other replies have at bottom of message? I am also hoping to find what other brand foods have IDENTICAL ingredients that are in IP foods to save some money.

Good luck to all.
Hope you're feeling better - it is hard the first few days but it gets easier.

You can't get a weight loss ticker until you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts.

Look at the Alternative Products that will work in phase 1 thread - lots of great ideas for alternative brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Hi Janel!

I'm also following the IP program, without the cost of IP products. I have found I really need to be organized and equiped so that I'm not scrambling when it comes to meal times. With IP products, it is easy to reach for a packet of something so I do find you have to be creative when following the IP protocol.
Here's to success!
Organization and planning are key to following this protocol. I do my prep (or have dh do it) for a week in advance so that everything is just grab and go. I'd never be able to get it all done before heading out to work otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indygal View Post
Hello all

I'm excited to have found this site. I just had my first weigh in tonight. Extremely dissappointed after only losing 1.4 lbs. My coach went over my food journal and thought it was from skipping a few lunches. I'm a nurse and sometimes we don't get lunches. I'll do better next week! She gave me a few tips for meals on the go. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Indygal - 1.4 lbs is great! Any loss is super, that's just that much less you have to lose!

Skipping meals is not good - this diet is low calorie enough without missing some. Post in the daily chat for some tips on how to get everything in when you have such an unpredictable schedule - you'll get lots of ideas since we have a lot of really creative people here!

Make sure you're getting in all your water too. I find I lose much better getting in a lot of water.
Closed Thread