3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #106

S/C/G: 266/266/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi to all

I am new to this site and Ideal Protein. My husband and I started IP on Saturday. He wants to lose 50 pounds, I want to lose 120. Of course, he will lose faster and be done WAY before me but I am so glad to have someone to start with and give/get encouragement. I have loved reading all your comments and achievements!
fabmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #107

S/C/G: 179/161.9/130

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Noobie on Day 2!

Hi everyone! This is my first time starting IP. In my adult life I have yo-yo'd from about 125 (all time low after weight watchers in my twenties) all the way up to 190 lbs. Over the past year and a half I have gone from 138 to 175 *sigh*. I am also a recovering alcoholic, and obviously no diet would work for the amount of wine I was guzzling almost daily! Now that I've kicked that habit (50 days sober tomorrow), I figure it is time to start healing my body and changing eating habits as well. I'm looking at IP kind of like my sobriety. I have to take it day by day, and it's going to be very uncomfortable some days, but it WILL get easier and the rewards will be SO worth it. I survived Day 1, kept completely on plan and skipped any Restricteds. Wish me luck on Day 2!
Onyx Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #108

S/C/G: 210/194/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Way to Go!

Congratulations to all the newcomers and best of luck!

I just completed week 3 and am down 11 pounds! Yippee

Week 1: -6.6
Week 2: -2.6
Week 3: -1.8
annadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #109
Round 2

S/C/G: 298/?/185

Height: 5'5.5

New to the thread but not to IP.. did it a couple years ago with success but didnt phase off properly and definitely didnt do maintenance. Back on it again with first weigh in tomorrow hoping for good news.

Good luck to everyone starting.. it does get easier after the first couple weeks definitely.

Also for the question on gum.. i was always told only Dentyne Fire and only 1 piece a day.
pegeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #110

S/C/G: 275/199

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, and finally decided it was time to join in. I started IP a few weeks ago and the clinic I was going to had their main coach on holidays and the other coach quit with no notice so I was kinda left stranded and didn't get off to a good start so I decided the program wasn't for me. But when the main coach came back and heard what had happened she contacted me and we talked everything through and I decided to give it another go. I'm on day 2 now and have the worst headache ever! I've been on Dr. Bernsteins before which is kinda the same (ketosis based plan), and I remember I had a headache in the first few days then as well, so I know it will ease up, but boy does it hurt now! I'm really excited to start this plan....I've heard good things about it!
I became a Nana last year and my little granddaughter is my inspiration to lose weight. I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her and just have fun with her. I look forward to chatting with you all through this journey!!
NewNanaCyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #111

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNanaCyn View Post
Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, and finally decided it was time to join in. I started IP a few weeks ago and the clinic I was going to had their main coach on holidays and the other coach quit with no notice so I was kinda left stranded and didn't get off to a good start so I decided the program wasn't for me. But when the main coach came back and heard what had happened she contacted me and we talked everything through and I decided to give it another go. I'm on day 2 now and have the worst headache ever! I've been on Dr. Bernsteins before which is kinda the same (ketosis based plan), and I remember I had a headache in the first few days then as well, so I know it will ease up, but boy does it hurt now! I'm really excited to start this plan....I've heard good things about it!
I became a Nana last year and my little granddaughter is my inspiration to lose weight. I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her and just have fun with her. I look forward to chatting with you all through this journey!!
For the headache... Be SURE you get all your salt each day. In addition to the low carb giving you a headache, it can be worse w/o the added salt because you aren't getting enough salt with the foods you are consuming on IP. Some have found quick headache relief by licking some salt right off their hand or drinking it in water.

Hang tough... As you know, once you get into ketosis (3-5 days usually), things feel A LOT better!!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #112

S/C/G: 240.8/196.1/155

Height: 5'3"

Today is Day 3 of IP with alternatives for me, and I have a question. I hopped on the scale a bit ago just "to see" where it was at. I haven't lost anything. Is it normal to not lose anything until I am in ketosis, or should I be seeing a tiny loss regardless? How long does it typically take to get into ketosis?
MarylandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #113

S/C/G: 231/207/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Today is Day 2 for me

Hi everyone,
My name is Lori and I did plenty of research before I started. My couch is a really good friend who has a beautiful day spa. Unfortunately she is located over an hour away. So far everything is been going as planned. I made a big batch of veggie soup to have for lunch with IP Protein and my husband is 100% supportive and yes he doesn't need to lose a pound. I have been overweight for my entire life. I need to lose weight so I can live longer!

irishone127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #114

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Today is Day 3 of IP with alternatives for me, and I have a question. I hopped on the scale a bit ago just "to see" where it was at. I haven't lost anything. Is it normal to not lose anything until I am in ketosis, or should I be seeing a tiny loss regardless? How long does it typically take to get into ketosis?
I KNOW how tempting it us to want that "sneak peek" but... It is VERY early in the game to be weighing yourself... First weigh-in is best left at the end of a full week. Weight can fluctuate by up to 5lbs in one day!! So much can affect these changes from Time of day, amount of salt, TOM, etc. This is why for most people it is best to only get weighed on weigh-in day once per week.

For future reference keep in mind that you will also find over weeks of weigh-ins, some weeks will be larger losses in weight (2-5 lbs), some weeks will be small losses (.5-1 lb). You need to see the overall trend as down, not just a one-time weight. And yes, there will probably even be a week or two where you may lose 0. However, you will also want to make sure your coach is measuring you because zero or low loss weeks probably mean you have lost inches instead if pounds.

One last note... You don,t have your height/weight shown so I can,t tell if you have a little or a lot to lose. The closer you are to goal weight, the smaller the weekly losses will probably be.

The BEST thing to do for now is stay 100% OP, following exactly what is on the P1 sheet. As long as you are doing that, it is impossible not to lose!!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #115

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Star View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first time starting IP. In my adult life I have yo-yo'd from about 125 (all time low after weight watchers in my twenties) all the way up to 190 lbs. Over the past year and a half I have gone from 138 to 175 *sigh*. I am also a recovering alcoholic, and obviously no diet would work for the amount of wine I was guzzling almost daily! Now that I've kicked that habit (50 days sober tomorrow), I figure it is time to start healing my body and changing eating habits as well. I'm looking at IP kind of like my sobriety. I have to take it day by day, and it's going to be very uncomfortable some days, but it WILL get easier and the rewards will be SO worth it. I survived Day 1, kept completely on plan and skipped any Restricteds. Wish me luck on Day 2!
Welcome! I'm so excited for you! Someone in my family is an alcoholic so taking it one day at a time is a great idea!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #116
started 3/25/14

S/C/G: 215.7/215.7/150.0

After trying many diets and failing, and after doing lots of studying on the IP Diet, I started my journey March 25th. Two days in, I am convinced I can do this successfully. The advice and encouragement in this group is amazing. Thank you all ..
Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #117
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishone127 View Post
Hi everyone,
My name is Lori and I did plenty of research before I started. My couch is a really good friend who has a beautiful day spa. Unfortunately she is located over an hour away. So far everything is been going as planned. I made a big batch of veggie soup to have for lunch with IP Protein and my husband is 100% supportive and yes he doesn't need to lose a pound. I have been overweight for my entire life. I need to lose weight so I can live longer!
Hi Lori! Sounds like you are on the ball with the prep - doing things in advance (or rather making dh do them in advance!) makes things so much easier.

A supportive dh is awesome to have. Mine doesn't need to lose either, in fact we just got him up to a good weight but he has been so wonderful while I'm losing and is totally on board for a healthier lifestyle once I hit maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttndiane View Post
After trying many diets and failing, and after doing lots of studying on the IP Diet, I started my journey March 25th. Two days in, I am convinced I can do this successfully. The advice and encouragement in this group is amazing. Thank you all ..
Yeah for starting! And yes, you can do this! It is both the easiest and hardest thing I've ever done. The diet is easy to follow, but retraining my brain has been hard! Sometimes I think my brain has a mind of it's own.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #118
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Smile Newbie Introduction

I am so excited about Ideal Protein.

My first weigh in on day six was 8.1lbs down!

Today is day eight for me.

I think I will be on this plan for at least ten months to reach goal.

I am so excited to see this wonderful discussion board!

I live in Orange County, Ca and have one son who is 16 yo.

I LOVE they I can't cheat on this plan!!
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 AM   #119

S/C/G: 160/159/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Hi Everyone

I'm 5' 2" 159.81 and am a 48 year old woman with a goal weight of 130. I just started the Ideal Protein diet and I"ll post my most recent weigh in results to illustrate the importance of fat loss and how it may not show on the bathroom scale. This is how the measurement appears on the wrestlers scale:
03/06/14----Body Type - Athletic Gender Female Age 48 Height 5ft 2 0in
Weight 159.81b BMI 29.2 Fat% 41.2% BMR 5951kj Impedance 590 Fat Mass 65.81lb FFM 94.01lb TBW 68.81lb
03/13/14
Weight 159.01 BMI 29.1 Fat% 39.1% BMR 5917kj Impedance 547 Fat Mass 62.21lb FFM 96.81lb TBW 70.81lb (water)
-.08 -.1 -2.1% -3.6lb 2.8lb 2.0lb
After 7 days of no cheats, I step on my home scale and don't see a loss. A bit discouraged, I go to my weigh in and learn that I have lost 3.6 pounds of pure fat. My water weight increased by 2.0 pounds which is expected as I am chugging water like a mad woman. I don't understand what the rest of this means and am learning more at my weigh in tomorrow but I've learned that fat loss doesn't always show on the scale the way that you want it to. I've got a long way to go. I don't know how to add one of those weight tickers. Wishing everyone happiness and success!

Last edited by Wojo : 03-27-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #120
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

IPCali - congrats on the big first week! That's awesome! And you're right, cheating on this diet really doesn't make sense - it works so well when you stay 100%. Check out the daily chat and recipe threads (and all the other threads, of course) for tons of ideas, recipes and support - the people here are great!

Wojo - welcome! Although I am not a great fan of those scales, you are absolutely right that you can lose fat and not have it show up on the scale. Water weight is tricky - if for some reason you're retaining water (sodium intake, illness, inflammation) it can show up as higher weight. Just stay on plan and it will all work out.

You can get a ticker after you've been a member 20 days and made 20 posts.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.