Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/194/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Awesome loss so far!! Keep on going and you'll reach your goal in time for summer!
Thank you! Good luck with your journey.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 210/194/160

Height: 5'10"

[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4967671]Annadub - look in the first post of the daily chat. There's a link to tons of recipes for veggies including mixing them in drink mixes, purees, roasting them, etc. Try some new veggies or some old ones you didn't think you liked prepared different ways - you'll be amazed how your tastes change after awhile!

Thanks for the tip Ruth Ann!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Do you automatically get a weight loss ticker or do you have to sign up for it after 20 days and 20 posts?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadub View Post
Thank you! Good luck with your journey.
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 245/225/140

Hi there,
I am new to this site, been doing IP since Jan/13, kind lost momentum and gained weight back, looking to restart but am having trouble getting going, seems meal preparation is foreign to me. Not sure what gives but was hoping to find support from others, and maybe advice from others who have struggled
Old 03-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Do you automatically get a weight loss ticker or do you have to sign up for it after 20 days and 20 posts?
It should be available in your User CP if you have 20/20
Old 03-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

I hope there are some people out there who can answer some of my questions for me. I have been researching IP using alternatives because I just can't afford the plan otherwise. I've read all the sticky threads but I am still a bit confused about a few things.

1. Wherever it says "Protein Packet" on the Phase 1 guidelines, that is where you have an alternative protein shake or bar, is that correct? I read somewhere that you can also mix 1 egg with 2 egg whites for one of the protein packets?

2. How easy/difficult is it to do this diet as a full-time working Mom of 2 boys with a husband who doesn't need to lose weight?

3. Have you found that you are able to go out to eat at all during Phase 1 or are you pretty much restricted to eating all meals at home? I am so short on time with work and soccer starting that I'm concerned that I won't be able to cook what I need each night.

4. Besides having a bar or shake for as an alternative to an authentic protein packet, what else can you eat? Do you get easily bored with drinking shakes and eating bars day after day?

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer or provide honest feedback. I have gained an extreme amount of weight since the birth of my second child, and it has affected every aspect of my life, especially my own happiness and self-esteem. I want to have as much information as possible before committing to this diet because I have tried and failed at so many others time and and time again.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 178.2/178.2/164

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hey Guys thanks for the support and numerous information about this diet plan.

Got more of ProtiDiet meals today and some great recipes from "lisa32989" links. Didn't know the meals can be creative and fun and yummy too.

Start IP: March 17th @173.8
WI #1 - 3.6 ....Yeah!!!

Last edited by Nas145; 03-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I hope there are some people out there who can answer some of my questions for me. I have been researching IP using alternatives because I just can't afford the plan otherwise. I've read all the sticky threads but I am still a bit confused about a few things.

1. Wherever it says "Protein Packet" on the Phase 1 guidelines, that is where you have an alternative protein shake or bar, is that correct? I read somewhere that you can also mix 1 egg with 2 egg whites for one of the protein packets?
Yes. Alternative product protein serving, equivalent to IP amounts.
omelet packet = 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites. I posted a big Math problem about it earlier today

2. How easy/difficult is it to do this diet as a full-time working Mom of 2 boys with a husband who doesn't need to lose weight?
It is as easy or hard as you make up your mind it will be.
Literally almost all weight loss success is a mental challenger

3. Have you found that you are able to go out to eat at all during Phase 1 or are you pretty much restricted to eating all meals at home? I am so short on time with work and soccer starting that I'm concerned that I won't be able to cook what I need each night.
DH and I eat out all the time. What is important is careful planning and knowing menus ahead-of time so you know what to order & have a plan when you get there. Twice this week I've learned I should have asked more questions about the salad I ordered. Both times they came lacking adequate amount of meat. Third time will be the charm on that.

4. Besides having a bar or shake for as an alternative to an authentic protein packet, what else can you eat? Do you get easily bored with drinking shakes and eating bars day after day?
There is a great alternative thread, I think I linked to it a few posts back. Lots of us order from Nashua Nutrition.

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer or provide honest feedback. I have gained an extreme amount of weight since the birth of my second child, and it has affected every aspect of my life, especially my own happiness and self-esteem. I want to have as much information as possible before committing to this diet because I have tried and failed at so many others time and and time again.
I'm working hard right now on disconnecting my self esteem from what the scale says. My weight is about my health. It is a health condition controllable by me as I recover my body, mind, spirit. If I had another health condition, I wouldn't beat myself up over it but I sure have about weight!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I am on Day 17 of the IP Diet... so far it's going okay. I would love to hear about others experiences who have around 20 or 30 pounds to lose as I was hoping to lose more than I have to date but perhaps my expectations are out of whack. The clinic said that I would lose between 3 to 5 pounds per week but so far it's only been 2.8 and 1.2 pounds...which is still okay but I am wondering if I should just be anticipating smaller losses.

Also, I read that we can have sugar free gum but I'm wondering if that includes gum that has aspartame or do I have to look for a sucralose gum somewhere. I would love to use gum to help me through some of my cravings.

Thanks everyone.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post
Hello everyone! I am on Day 17 of the IP Diet... so far it's going okay. I would love to hear about others experiences who have around 20 or 30 pounds to lose as I was hoping to lose more than I have to date but perhaps my expectations are out of whack. The clinic said that I would lose between 3 to 5 pounds per week but so far it's only been 2.8 and 1.2 pounds...which is still okay but I am wondering if I should just be anticipating smaller losses.

Also, I read that we can have sugar free gum but I'm wondering if that includes gum that has aspartame or do I have to look for a sucralose gum somewhere. I would love to use gum to help me through some of my cravings.

Thanks everyone.
Your clinic is lying.
IP adjusted the number a couple years ago to more accurately reflect WL. I believe it is currently 2-4 AVERAGE. And your average is right at 2 so far. Higher numbers are typically for men or those with more to lose.

But since you are starting at a smaller number, yes, I'd expect smaller losses. And stay away from aspartame! All the time. Not just OP. It isn't good for us. I think a lot of folks find xylitol sweetened gum at whole food or health food stores

Congrats on your progress!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post

Thanks everyone.
Welcome!

It is important to know a couple things that apply to you...

- the 3-5 is a pretty high "average" and if you read here long enough you will see it is more realistically in the 2-3 range. The first week is often a bigger loss because you lose a lot of water weight... After that your body will settle into it's more regular losses. Yours are around 2 so that's great!

- those with less to lose will almost always lose more slowly. Most of us found that as we got 10-15 pounds from goal, losses slow down quite a bit. Patience is very important!

- it is important to consider everything about weight/fat loss, not just the number on the scale. Are you measuring and losing inches? How do your clothes fit? Do you have more energy? Do you feel better in general. Do you see changes in your face, arms, legs etc.

If you are 100% OP and following the sheet exactly, the weight will come off, but it will come off on it's own schedule, not yours.

Keep on keeping on!!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-22-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Lisa and Jlus for your input. I appreciate it. I think that I'm going to have to readjust my thoughts on how long I'm going to have to be on this diet. Having entered the 3rd week, I am feeling more energetic and not as hungry as before. Thanks for the tip on the gum, Lisa, I will go and hunt some down today.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Default A few more questions

Thank you Lisa for all your great advice! I have been addicted to reading all the threads on alternative products, trying to get ready to start this new way of eating! Here are a few more questions I have though.

1. I understand that some bars are "restricted" and some are not. In the first 2-3 weeks, is it true that we are not to consume any restricted products? Are there any bars in particular that you guys like that are non-restricted and can be consumed from Day 1 on the plan?

2. Things like the Protidiet chicken noodle soup and tomato soups can be eaten at lunch time to replace a protein packet, correct?

3. Do you know if GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe have the high-quality Omega 3's that I have read about?

4. In regards to the supplements, I am going to be using all alternative products. Are the Centrum Multi-Vitamins for women ok to use? I noticed the phase 1 sheet says to take more than 1 a day. Is that just for the IP brand? Do you guys just take the recommended dosage on the alternative supplements that you buy? Do you take them at the same time of day as recommended on the IP Phase 1 sheet?

Thanks again for all your help!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Thank you Lisa for all your great advice! I have been addicted to reading all the threads on alternative products, trying to get ready to start this new way of eating! Here are a few more questions I have though.

1. I understand that some bars are "restricted" and some are not. In the first 2-3 weeks, is it true that we are not to consume any restricted products? Are there any bars in particular that you guys like that are non-restricted and can be consumed from Day 1 on the plan?
I've always counted them all as restricted. Some people fudge the numbers a little more than I do.

2. Things like the Protidiet chicken noodle soup and tomato soups can be eaten at lunch time to replace a protein packet, correct?
Yup.. ProtiDiet and other brands ARE protein packets. They just aren't Ideal Protein brand.

3. Do you know if GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe have the high-quality Omega 3's that I have read about?
Unsure. Did you see the link I posted in the supplement thread? The best, highest quality omegas can be found from reading there

4. In regards to the supplements, I am going to be using all alternative products. Are the Centrum Multi-Vitamins for women ok to use? I noticed the phase 1 sheet says to take more than 1 a day. Is that just for the IP brand? Do you guys just take the recommended dosage on the alternative supplements that you buy? Do you take them at the same time of day as recommended on the IP Phase 1 sheet?
I use Centrum. I just use the one/day. I split it in half and take breakfast & lunch.
I get the 99 mg potassium and I buy a mag/cit because the multi has calcium
I take my supps at breakfast, lunch, and bed, depending on which ones they are

Thanks again for all your help!!!
No problem! It makes great sense to figure it all out & ask before you start. I read for 4-6 weeks before I started (with a coach for 10 months)

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-23-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Closed Thread