Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 268/224/200

Height: 6'-4"

Hello IPers! I'm Dale (a guy) and I have been on IP for 3 1/2 weeks using alternative products. I have been "lurking" since starting on IP and the information on this board has been extremely helpful. I've lost 20 lbs so far and one belt notch. Diet has been very easy to follow. I am very regimented and am not bored at all with the limited variety that I am eating. I did Atkins 10 years ago and this diet is much healthier in comparison.

Funny, but when I first came on the boards, I was wondering why all you ladies had a significant other named "TOM" till I came across the posting abbreviations and realized my error. I thought that was too much of a coincidence.

At any rate, I know about the "Men on IP" thread, or as they say over there "I Pee", but I thought I would introduce myself first. You all are looking wonderful and I am just blown away by your success!! Keep up the good work and I will be stopping by to chat.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
The most exciting part right now is the difference I feel in my clothes! I ordered some smaller size tops to put in my closet as extra incentive... a few that are one size down and a few that are two sizes down. I was amazed that the one size down already fit, but are snugger than I prefer. (My sister always jokes that I think clothes are too tight if they touch me!! Haha!)

I've been overweight since I was a child (and am now 51), so I don't have any idea of what I should have for a goal weight. I chose 160 for now, but will probably need to adjust that.
Welcome and I hear you on the clothes! I had to take my niece shopping with me because I had no clue what to buy or what would look good - I'd been buying "cover my tummy and butt" camouflage clothes for so long I was clueless. I'm also 51 and kind of picked 150 as a goal because I couldn't imagine weighing less than that - turns out I was pretty close to right! So you could just leave it where it is and then see how you feel when you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPackerGirl View Post
Good Morning! I am in my second week of the ideal protein diet! So far it is going great! I lost 8.9 lbs at my first weigh in and was shocked! I have tried several diets in the past and couldn't seem to stay motivated! I LOVE to cook and would love any good Phase 1 recipes!

PS: My husband is also doing the diet and he lost 10lbs week one!!! Yay him!!!
Congrats on the great loss! Look in the first post of the daily chat and up on the stickies - tons of really great, easy P1 recipes. So many creative people on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
Funny, but when I first came on the boards, I was wondering why all you ladies had a significant other named "TOM" till I came across the posting abbreviations and realized my error. I thought that was too much of a coincidence.
LOL Dale! And love your name! It took me awhile to learn all the lingo - the Big C threw me for awhile. Thought maybe I was on the wrong board!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #48  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 155/152/133

Height: 5'4

Default Day 4 on IP.. Long journey ahead.

Hi everyone! I joined on Sunday and this week has been a whirlwind. What I discovered about IP food.. I absolutely hate the garlic and herb soy chips. AND.. I am a HUGE potato chip lover. I was hoping they would taste similar.

However the chocolate mint bar is soooooo good! My favorite so far.

It's going to be a long 3 months (time I'm anticipating I'll be on this regimen). We shall see.

Good luck everyone. I'm happy to be on this journey with you.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #49  

OMG Julmango...I bought the garlic and herb soy chips too. They are absolutely awful. The only good thing is I haven't been eating them bc I can't stand them. The bad thing is i've been replacing them with about 5-6 cashews a day. Cashews are addictive. But I still can't beleive I've gone two weeks without a glass of wine and no cravings for them. Barely any week moments. Went for dinner last night and just had a lettuc salad. I'm hoping to be a lot slimmer by April.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Funny how our tastes differ. I love the garlic herb chips and the salt & vinegar ones but am not fond of the bbq ones. Give it a few weeks and try them again - lots of stuff I didn't like to start with I did like later on.

Cashews really aren't a good replacement for a packet. Can you switch out the chips for something you like? Sticking with the allowed foods is really important to success on this diet.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!! I'm on day 5 with IP and I had my first weigh in and I'm down 8.6 lbs. Stunned and really liking the diet! My biggest challenge at the moment is not having ketchup. I hate the WF stuff and my coach said no sugar free ketchup. What do you guys do?

I'm trying to scan the forum but I'm new here so if anyone can help, my taste buds would surely appreciate it!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #52  

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site and IP (I started IP on 2-24-14). I'm looking forward to being inspired by everyone's successes. It's also nice to be able to ask questions and seek support from others who are in the same program.

Last edited by ArtsyP; 03-15-2014 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Just adding info and making corrections. Oops.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #53  

Hello CarbLover443,

I would try adding a little splenda to the WF ketchup. Also, The WF BBQ sauce is pretty tasty, in my opinion. Congrats on starting IP.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:18 AM   #54  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Welcome CarbLover & ArtsyP - congrats on getting started! This is a great site for motivation, support, and ideas - don't think I could have done this without everyone here!

I simply gave up on ketchup (never really liked it anyway) while on IP. Just couldn't find any good substitutes that tasted good. If I want something tomatoie (ok, that's not a word) I use small amounts of salsa or diced canned tomatoes (no sugar added) and count it as part of my veggies for the day.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I found the WF products just AWFUL!! Which means I have a cold-creme textured jar of 'peanut butter' and a jar of chemical tasting 'strawberry jam' still in my fridge. I just couldn't face ruining good food by using some WF on a piece of toast or in plain yogurt or on celery sticks (I did the Alternative Phases - check with your coach...) I tried a couple of times, but EWWWW!

So, here they sit at the back of my fridge, now that I am on maintenance... but then again I guess I won't have to worry that they'll go moldy or rot since they aren't real food anyhow. They'll still be there waiting for me if I gain weight 20 years down the road, BWAHAAHAHA!

As you can tell, I DON'T recommend wasting your money on that stuff. Just do without your 'drug' of choice until you can add a healthy alternative back in a later phase.

Liana
Old 03-17-2014, 01:32 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 270/266/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile New to IP! New to this Site!

This is my 7th consecutive day following the Ideal Protein program. I have to say: these past few days have been BRUTAL. I have suffered through headaches, cold sweats, weakness, dizziness, and just feeling overall terrible. Now, I feel fantastic! I have more energy than I remember having in a very long time. I am actually getting things done around the house. I was measured today and there are 11.5" less of me and about 3lbs down as well. I am enjoying the program and feeling glad that I took the step towards bringing IP into my life. My goal weight loss is 110 lbs. That's a whole person! I am looking forward to ketosis. And I look forward to the support and direction 3FC members provide each other.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:47 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/155/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. I started IP on Mar. 10th. First weigh in is tomorrow. Hope I loose something. Not having to much trouble staying on track YET, lol, but I am not a huge refined sugar eater. Good luck to everyone. This diet seems easier to sick to that others I have been on.

Weigh in update: I lost 6lbs, and a lot of inches this week! Woo hoo

Last edited by tilaf; 03-17-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #58  

Be sure to read the first post of the daily chat. There are many informational links there!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 187/177/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
Started IP a week ago. Had my first WI on Saturday and I had lost only 4.6 but my clothes are fitting better
I have been browsing the threads on this forum and am feeling very positive about being on IP. This is the first time I have been on any kind of diet. I am hoping to shed 35 pounds eventually.

Last edited by Vmoktan; 03-17-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #60  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hi Vmoktan! 4.6 lbs is a great loss! Congrats to you!

IP is a great way to lose weight and learn about your eating behaviors. Be sure to check out the daily chat - tons of good advice there and the stickies in the first post link to a lot of good information.
Closed Thread