3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293559-ideal-protein-newcomers-introduce-yourself-here.html)

lisa32989 03-11-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4960756)
Another newcomer here. I've been on IP for almost 4 weeks. At 3 weeks I was at 19.5 lbs down. I was doing and feeling amazing. Now I'm bored with my food and hungry and frustrated and feeling alone so thought I would connect here. I don't feel connected to my coach and nobody I know is on a diet. My husband tries to be so supportive as he eats everything I can't and he should be on the diet too!

Check the What are You Eating Today thread for food ideas. Variety can help relieve boredom. So can cooking veggies rather than eating raw.

apennington 03-11-2014 12:51 PM

Hello all! My name is Amber and this is my first time trying IP. I am in my 2nd week and I was down 8lbs. at my 1st weigh-in. I have been reading everyone's posts and accomplishments and it's a wonderful thing. It gives me the courage to go on to get where I want to be.

NJ_Desi_Guy 03-11-2014 02:05 PM

Newbie here

Er.... 3FATChicks... and I am a guy here in this forum.. 1stly, Is this forum only for women? :?:, wasnt sure about it..
But I started Ideal Protein diet on Sunday... and was looking to see how people track progress and face challenges....and overcome them..

ssubert 03-11-2014 02:29 PM

Guys on IP

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_Desi_Guy (Post 4961223)
Er.... 3FATChicks... and I am a guy here in this forum.. 1stly, Is this forum only for women? :?:, wasnt sure about it..
But I started Ideal Protein diet on Sunday... and was looking to see how people track progress and face challenges....and overcome them..

There is a board just for guys but you are always welcome to hang with the gals.

:-)

dak1lls 03-11-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Welcome NJ! I'm not a newbie, but thought I'd pop in and say hi and welcome to everyone. This is not just for women, but you should check out the Men on IP thread. The Daily Chat is always a good source of information as well. Good luck to you! Make sure to check the links on the first post of the Daily Chat for a lot of information and common questions.

NJ_Desi_Guy 03-11-2014 02:40 PM

:)...Thanks for directing me to the other group, not that I dont wanna hang with you guys ! ! ! might come back here, if you guys are more motivating ! ! ! lol

kfarnum 03-11-2014 07:25 PM

Here I go again!

Hello all! I am so excited to have decided to fight this battle once again. And totally nervous for failure! I first started with IP 2 1/2 years ago and lost almost 50lbs. I then sustained a shoulder injury that I battled for 6 months before having surgery, then a month later my dad was diagnosed with leukemia. We lost him in September after he fought a hard, graceful battle. Finally, in January I thought to myself, I am not ok. I am falling apart, and hadn't even cared to notice. My weight had skyrocketed to 300lbs. So I come to you with faith and hope for a better life, and determination to make this a life change for myself first, then my family. I hope to get to know many of you so we can encourage each other along the way, and pick each other up when needed. Last time I was too focused on all the foods I couldn't have on Phase 1, this time I am going to enjoy ALL the foods I can have. Almost done with day 2, and looking forward to the many more to come! Have a blessed evening everyone!

Ruth Ann 03-11-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apennington (Post 4961183)
Hello all! My name is Amber and this is my first time trying IP. I am in my 2nd week and I was down 8lbs. at my 1st weigh-in. I have been reading everyone's posts and accomplishments and it's a wonderful thing. It gives me the courage to go on to get where I want to be.

Congrats on the loss! You can do this - just follow the program and it will work!

Quote:

Everyone is welcome! You'll find so much great information and support here, you'll love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfarnum (Post 4961370)
Hello all! I am so excited to have decided to fight this battle once again. And totally nervous for failure! I first started with IP 2 1/2 years ago and lost almost 50lbs. I then sustained a shoulder injury that I battled for 6 months before having surgery, then a month later my dad was diagnosed with leukemia. We lost him in September after he fought a hard, graceful battle. Finally, in January I thought to myself, I am not ok. I am falling apart, and hadn't even cared to notice. My weight had skyrocketed to 300lbs. So I come to you with faith and hope for a better life, and determination to make this a life change for myself first, then my family. I hope to get to know many of you so we can encourage each other along the way, and pick each other up when needed. Last time I was too focused on all the foods I couldn't have on Phase 1, this time I am going to enjoy ALL the foods I can have. Almost done with day 2, and looking forward to the many more to come! Have a blessed evening everyone!

Sorry you lost your dad, that's hard. But good for you for starting up again. Sounds like you have the right attitude this time!

kfarnum 03-11-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 (Post 4960765)
Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself :( . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.

Any one else out there restarting or rebooting?

Hello there! I too am a reboot and just lost my dad in September to leukemia. We can teach our old habits new tricks, it just my take us awhile. I look forward to getting to know you and everyone here. Seems like the place to be for love, support, and encouragement!:carrot:

vpohani 03-11-2014 08:05 PM

Well I weighed in today. Very disappointed with the loss as everyone here seems to lose 7-10 lbs their first week. I lost as much as I have on herbal magic or weight watchers the first week. I lost 5 lbs but i weight more than I did when i started those programs. I'm older and peri menopausal but I was hoping for a 7 lbs weight loss. I am on week two and hoping for at least 2-3 lbs this week. I'm going to start walking on my treadmill if i Can find the time.

I'm amazed how I don't crave wine. On WW all I did was live for a weigh in so I could binge right after the weighin then starve for the rest of the week. it was a viscious cycle. Today I bought soup, wildberry shakes and some soy crips that aren't very good. I'm trying to train my mind to accept that food is temporarily off limits.

My coach is very supportive. Every time I ask her if she thinks I'll lose the weight she always says you will you will....i like that.

Is anyone here around my weight? 157 and needs to get down to 140? Let me know.

calypso58 03-11-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpohani (Post 4961396)
Well I weighed in today. Very disappointed with the loss as everyone here seems to lose 7-10 lbs their first week. I lost as much as I have on herbal magic or weight watchers the first week. I lost 5 lbs but i weight more than I did when i started those programs. I'm older and peri menopausal but I was hoping for a 7 lbs weight loss. I am on week two and hoping for at least 2-3 lbs this week. I'm going to start walking on my treadmill if i Can find the time.

I'm amazed how I don't crave wine. On WW all I did was live for a weigh in so I could binge right after the weighin then starve for the rest of the week. it was a viscious cycle. Today I bought soup, wildberry shakes and some soy crips that aren't very good. I'm trying to train my mind to accept that food is temporarily off limits.

My coach is very supportive. Every time I ask her if she thinks I'll lose the weight she always says you will you will....i like that.

Is anyone here around my weight? 157 and needs to get down to 140? Let me know.

Welcome Vpohani.... I lost 5 my first week and started at 185 pounds. The less you have to go, the less you will lose. My advice is to not get hung up on the numbers and comparing to others. Just stick to the program and you will see results! Good luck!

Rubygirl 03-11-2014 11:15 PM

Hi everyone.....I am new to IP and found this amazing site while looking for recipes. I've done lots of reading on the threads here and it has all ready given me such hope and inspiration. Thanks for letting me join in. :D

Ruth Ann 03-12-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubygirl (Post 4961512)
Hi everyone.....I am new to IP and found this amazing site while looking for recipes. I've done lots of reading on the threads here and it has all ready given me such hope and inspiration. Thanks for letting me join in. :D

Welcome rubygirl! You've found a great site for support, recipes and motivation!

I read here for a long time before starting - really gave me hope I could do IP and, as I found out, I could!

Yayalaine 03-13-2014 08:33 AM

I am on my third week of IP (started Monday, Feb. 24). I started "cutting back" in January and lost 10 pounds, but I knew I needed something more organized and planned. I have had some success with Weight Watchers in the past, but I tended to make a lot of carb choices for my food. I had never really tried low carb before.

So, I'm getting adjusted to IP. On the 4th-7th days, I felt really bad with headaches, some dizziness, and general weakness. I feel much better now, thank goodness.

The most exciting part right now is the difference I feel in my clothes! I ordered some smaller size tops to put in my closet as extra incentive... a few that are one size down and a few that are two sizes down. I was amazed that the one size down already fit, but are snugger than I prefer. (My sister always jokes that I think clothes are too tight if they touch me!! Haha!)

I've been overweight since I was a child (and am now 51), so I don't have any idea of what I should have for a goal weight. I chose 160 for now, but will probably need to adjust that.

I have learned so much from reading through the newbie sticky post and browsing through this site. I am determined to get healthier... my knees and feet had started hurting a lot in the last year and I just refuse to live that way! I can already tell a difference, i.e. less pain when I walk.

Anyway, just saying howdy and glad to be here! :)

NCPackerGirl 03-13-2014 10:18 AM

New to IP!

Good Morning! I am in my second week of the ideal protein diet! So far it is going great! I lost 8.9 lbs at my first weigh in and was shocked! :carrot: I have tried several diets in the past and couldn't seem to stay motivated! I LOVE to cook and would love any good Phase 1 recipes!

PS: My husband is also doing the diet and he lost 10lbs week one!!! Yay him!!!