Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #391  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default I missed seeing this Intro thread

My name is Cheryl and I began IP on July 9. I have been a lurking member of 3FC for quite sometime - my primary activity in life after home and family care and full time job is trying to find a way to deal with my weight issues. I have been in this state since my teen years, and now I am about to turn 63.

In the past 9 mos i finally hit that point where my weight had crept up so high that I stopped going anywhere except to work, and I had become so depressed that I was just feeding my misery in hiding, and making the problems worse.

I reluctantly agreed to go to lunch with a work associate whom I had not seen for about a year. He had always carried 50-60 lbs extra weight and we shared a love for good food. This time I was so surprised when I saw him - he was down 40 lbs after 3 months on IP - we had a healthy Vietnamese lunch and coffee afterward, and talked about IP for almost 4 hours in total. He inspired me, and a week later I began the program at the same office as my friend.

I am off on the right foot, treating IP as a new lifestyle rather than a temporary diet. So far so good - I am looking forward to getting back to ballroom and Latin dancing, maybe even some competition. I need to get down another 10 lbs and get back into a regular walking routine to up my fitness level a bit, then I can get out to group classes and some dance parties where I can get my rhythm back.... for a samba, that's one-uh-two.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #392  

Smile Starting tomorrow :)

About 4 years ago I lost all my weight on ip and felt fantastic. I'm back at square 1 but excited to know I can do it as long as I set my mind to it. I have 25 pounds to lose but will be rocking my skinny clothes again by Christmas which are all waiting for me in Rubbermaid containers

Last edited by Golittleguy; 08-10-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #393  

Hi Everyone,
I started IP last week (8/6/14) and am feeling pretty good. I don't know how much weight I have lost but I feel like my clothes fit differently. In March 2014 I had an emergency colostomy due to diverticulitis and my surgeon wants me to lose 3 dress sizes before doing a reversal. I've taken that to mean 60 lbs, but I have started IP with a goal to lose 80lbs. I am 60 years old, 5'3 and currently (as of last week) 243lbs. I gained most of my over weight in the last 20 years due to knee problem (therefore, lack of exercise) and menopause. But, I have had both knees replaced and am now ready to get myself in shape for the next phase of my life. I am thrilled to be on IP and can't wait to figure out how to maintain this life of eating healthily.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 196/182/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I started 8/4

Hey everyone. I started IP on 8/4/14 and only lost 5 lbs in the first week. I was hoping for more But it's better than nothing : ) I felt terrible going through carb/wine withdrawal and was quite grouchy but feel back to normal today.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the weight loss line that I see at the bottom of some peoples' posts???

Thanks

Good luck to all
Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #395  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

Hi everyone, I have introduced myself on other posts and thought this would be a good one as well. My name is Mike, I have been over weight since Jr. High. I've had gains and loses over the years. I heard about this diet from a coworker who had great success. I'm a week and half in and am blown away from the success I have been having.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 312/312/200

Default Starting Ideal Protein 8/11/2014

Hey gang, I am just starting Ideal Protein today, and wanted to get onto the forum. I'm not completely tracking my goals with the scale alone, but my goal weight is 200, which is 112 lbs to lose.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 312/312/200

Hi Facing50. I believe it takes a few weeks before we newbies get access to the signature option, which is where you can put the ticker. 5lbs lost is great! I'm just starting today, and am not looking forward to the carb witdrawals.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #398  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by facing50 View Post
Hey everyone. I started IP on 8/4/14 and only lost 5 lbs in the first week. I was hoping for more But it's better than nothing : ) I felt terrible going through carb/wine withdrawal and was quite grouchy but feel back to normal today.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the weight loss line that I see at the bottom of some peoples' posts???

Thanks

Good luck to all
20 days and 20 posts are needed to get access to the ticker, I think... you'll go to your CP User tab (upper left of the forum postings) and go to Edit Signature - there will be info on how to create your ticker and add it to your signature box so it will accompany each posting.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Starting IP took a bit of pride-swallowing for me.

In early July, my endocrinologist passed on some impressive research about thyroidectomy patients and low-carb, high-protein diets...the gist of which is that the vast majority of patients who were able to lose weight after thyroid removal did so with this nutritional framework (a follow-on study showed altered metabolic processes; carbs immediately triggered fat storage rather than glycolosis in these individuals, which helps explain the strong correlation)

Anyway, having never been particularly successful at losing weight since Hashimoto's set in 10 years ago (and REALLY unsuccessful after the cancer treatment) I tried following the nutritional profile on my own with "real food" for several weeks--with encouraging success hampered by my apparent inability to master the planning and preparation this way of eating requires. Then decided that the increased chance of success using IP products and having the accountability/encouragement of a coach was worth #1 the financial cost and #2 the effort to get over my own guilt/frustration feelings of "I shouldn't need a program or products--I'm a capable, intelligent woman. I should be able to do this on my own."

The reality is that I have been *trying* to do it on my own for a decade now and have never reached my goals--or really come all that close. So, I'm trying to approach the program with gratitude instead of guilt, put all I have into making it successful, and get on with my life!

Thanks to all of you who contribute on this forum. It has already been SO helpful.

`sj
Old 08-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #400  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone,
I started IP on 8/5, and I had my first weigh-in today. I was excited to be down 8 lbs. I was more excited that the first week was really easy. I've been overweight since my mid-30s, and now at 50, it is time to take control of it. I am very encouraged reading your posts; I love all the great recipes using the packets. Tonight I am going to make my first batch of pudding cakes.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 209/209/169

Height: 5'10''

Smile Starting tomorrow!

Hi all,
Starting IP tomorrow and am both anxious and excited to get this weight off once and for all. Any tips for getting through the first few days. Super busy at home with 3 kids out of school and I know I won't be feeling my best during the initial adjustment.
Glad to have found this community!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Today was my first day on the IP diet, I still have to eat one IP for a snack, and let me tell you that I'm so thrilled that I SURVIVED the first day! And I can't believe HOW MUCH I ate! I was very satisfied
Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #403  

Ariel!! Congratulations on getting through your first day!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #404  

Default New to IP

Hi everyone, I'm new to IP, started Aug. 8 so am on day 6 today. I am sad to say that if anything I've only lost 1/2 lb. so far but will get my real weight in on Friday.

I can't believe that as the last couple of days haven't been easy. They haven't been torture but I've had moments of hunger, shakiness and extreme sweating (especially right after I eat an IP food). It will all be worth it if I lose some decent weight, but if I stay the same it's not.

I weigh around 200 and plan to lose 30 - 40 lbs., 30 - 35 is probably more realistic as I have a large frame and am very muscular.

I can't eat gluten so am restricted on what foods I can have and so far like the butterscotch pudding the best. I wish I could have those chip thingys!

I am peeing like mad so was surprised that I hadn't dropped more .
Old 08-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #405  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat730 View Post
Ariel!! Congratulations on getting through your first day!
Thanks WhoDat!
Closed Thread