3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #376
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Literari: could you repeat that wonderful recipe in the recipes thread so it'll easier to re-find? Yum!

Lzybnz: huge congrats in your 27 lb loss! It isn't "slow". It is your fantastic progress! Almost 30 lbs in just over 3 months! Most other diets would have offered you about half that. Who cares how long it took? You're 30 lbs less!

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #377
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Pinup - That's awesome! I love the idea of a new dress for every 5 pounds. Please do share your photos. I love to see other success. It keeps me motivated. I started two days after you and haven't weighed yet. I'm trying to hold off until exactly a week. Congrats on your first week!!!
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #378

S/C/G: 210/180/160

Height: 5'4

she gave me the sheets but did not really explain them and I have never seen a video?! I am about 15 pounds away from my goal so I think I will just do it on my own and when we leave on vacation to my family in Kansas just stick to it. The coach thought it would be too hard with traveling and she talked me into phasing out and then just dropped the bomb on me that I should just go into phase 4 and see ya later. thanks for the info and support!
berta54758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #379

S/C/G: 148/139/128

Height: 5' 6"

Default Second time on IP

Hello!
I am back on IP after 2 years in "maintenance". I just want to get to a lower weight. Weight is coming off slowly but not surprised since I don't have a lot to lose. I just want to lose another 10 lbs and then back to my paleo diet ASAP! I struggled at first when I got off IP until I cut out grains and went paleo and then the weight gain stopped. I am down maybe 5-8 lbs so far 3 weeks in. I miss weight training so I am hoping I can reach goal fast (under 130 lbs). I lost 20+ lbs last time on IP. It works great. I am limiting myself to the gluten free choices this time. I found I cannot tolerate gluten at all since going paleo. IP is great and so darn easy I feel like I am cheating.
recycledme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #380

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by berta54758 View Post
she gave me the sheets but did not really explain them and I have never seen a video?! I am about 15 pounds away from my goal so I think I will just do it on my own and when we leave on vacation to my family in Kansas just stick to it. The coach thought it would be too hard with traveling and she talked me into phasing out and then just dropped the bomb on me that I should just go into phase 4 and see ya later. thanks for the info and support!
Berta, before you head on vacation tell (be assertive - esp if they are just 'dropping you') your clinic to hook you up with phase 4 videos - you NEED to understand the process to be completely successful and there is no way to link the videos so you can see them - only through a clinic. See if you can find travelling with IP threads on this forum and read them through for ideas. I will look & try bumping up to help you find them. Re-read the sheets & if there's anything you aren't sure of, ask on the Daily Chat - we'll all come to your rescue as we want you to be totally successful!! Lurk on maintenance threads too, to learn more about maintenance in action.

Liana

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #381

S/C/G: 217.4/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Good evening! I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 23, 2014. Have had only one weigh in so far and lost 6 pounds and 13.25 inches. My coach I think was more excited than I was. I have felt great since day one. I want this so bad so keeping the right mind set going. Day er night 12 and no cheating yet!
sdhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #382
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 200/190/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
8oz diced ckn breast (set aside)

1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup leek (chopped fine)
--saute the leek in the oil
--then add spices below, saute till fragrant
add 1/2 powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp curry powder
--add
3/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup ckn stock
--bring to a boil
--add the 8oz of ckn
--simmer till ckn is cooked though and sauce has thickened

Serve on one cup of riced cauliflower (we prepared more and saved the rest -- whatever amount of riced cauli you have in there, add enough stock to fill about 3/4 of the way to top of the cauli, in other words "almost covered". This example is for one cup only. You probably want to start your cauli first, it takes some time to cook the stock off)
In a separate pan:
--rice one cup of cauliflower
--cook in 1/2 cup of stock with mustard seeds and cumin seeds till stock is cooked out.

This makes a giant steaming bowl of delicious tiki masala. I find the cauli not cooked in stock kind of ....flat? But this way it's so delicious.

My husband is not a chef, but could be -- he's kind of my secret weapon on this diet! I'll be sure to share the things he is doing for me here with you guys!
Oh thank you so much!!! Sounds delicious! *slurp*
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #383
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Good evening! I am new to this forum and new to IP. My start date was June 23, 2014. Have had only one weigh in so far and lost 6 pounds and 13.25 inches. My coach I think was more excited than I was. I have felt great since day one. I want this so bad so keeping the right mind set going. Day er night 12 and no cheating yet!
Yeah you! I really think keeping your mind in the right place is essential for success on IP and it sounds like you have it down! Pre-planning is so important to making this work.

Be sure to check out the recipe threads - so many ways to not get bored with the food and learn new ways to cook. Also, check out the 100% thread - lots of people there to give you support, ideas, etc., on how to stay on-track.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #384

S/C/G: 264/248.6/140

Height: 5' 8"

Hi!

Introduced myself on the main page but wanted to say hello here too. I started IP on 6/23 and lost 5.8lbs at my first weigh in. Have been struggling with my weight for years (most of my life really). I feel like I've tried most diet plans out there. I finally went to my dr a few months ago to discuss other options (ie: WLS) and he recommended IP. It took my a few months to get the courage to try it....2 weeks in and so far, so good.

Really feel like I am at a point in my life that I need to make a change or I will carry this weight around forever. I can really see myself making a life change on this plan!

Looking forward to getting and giving support to everyone here!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #385
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Hi!

Introduced myself on the main page but wanted to say hello here too. I started IP on 6/23 and lost 5.8lbs at my first weigh in. Have been struggling with my weight for years (most of my life really). I feel like I've tried most diet plans out there. I finally went to my dr a few months ago to discuss other options (ie: WLS) and he recommended IP. It took my a few months to get the courage to try it....2 weeks in and so far, so good.

Really feel like I am at a point in my life that I need to make a change or I will carry this weight around forever. I can really see myself making a life change on this plan!

Looking forward to getting and giving support to everyone here!
Welcome! I missed your intro in the "main page". For us, that is the daily chat.

Sounds like you started for the same reasons I did...to avoid WLS. Now I have no reason for it and neither will you! Stick with the 100%ers. I see more success there than any other thread, over the long-term.

I had to view this plan as treatment for a disease. I had morbid obesity. I'm now in remission, as long as I do what I need to do on a regular basis. I'm also in remission from chorionic back pain. I'm much happier now. Stick with it.. IP can be life-changing!

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.