3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #316
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,331

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Hello all,
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have been reading this forum all the while. It has been a big help, esp recipes and seeing others success. I've lost 22 lbs, but I am still hungry all the time! I've been 100% OP since starting. Has anyone else had to deal with hunger this long?
This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #317
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 85

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This us a great thread for introductions. You might want to head to the 100% thread to get questions answered. Lots if knowledgeable people hang out there & the community is also in the daily thread.

Simple answer is that Ketosis can reduce hunger but doesn't always. Also we have to deal with behavioral changes. Many of us were used to eating anytime we wanted. Learning true hunger takes time.
Thanks, will look at those threads too
dangeron is offline  
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #318
Junior Member
 
tracymc2308's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 187.8/180.4/155

Height: 5'4"

Default New to Ideal Protein and this site

I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone
tracymc2308 is offline  
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #319
IP start date May 6, 2014
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 26

Height: 5 ft 7

Default

Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!
HeatherFeather54 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #320
Loving Ideal Protein!
 
IPCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 102

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post
Greetings,
Heather here started ip on 5/6 . 36 and From Wi . Had my first weigh in today. Down 12.2 pounds!

Heather - you must have REALLY followed the plan to have that kind of first week.

You're a rock star and you're going to have a super IP voyage!

__________________
IPCali is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 02:16 AM   #321
Loving Ideal Protein!
 
IPCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 102

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymc2308 View Post
I started this program on April 28th, and I am so far down 7.4 lbs, and 8.5 inches. I go tomorrow to get weighed and measured. So far I haven't had any issues. I am excited to find different recipes and ideas from everyone
Welcome, Tracy,

You must be super excited for your progress. That's a lot of inches in a short amount of time.

I see a closet purge in your future!

__________________
IPCali is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #322
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 563

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #323
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,744

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Hi I'm new here! I started IP yesterday and have been reading all of the wonderful posts on here! I'm excited about my journey and thankful to have found this forum!!
Welcome Kellyc and congrats on getting started! This is the best place for IP support, motivation, ideas, etc. Be sure to ask any questions you have and jump into any thread that interests you - the wonderful people here are super willing to share their experiences and knowledge.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #324
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 563

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #325
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,331

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thank you Ruth Ann!! :-) at the moment I'm making my dinner menu for the week and grocery list. I'm trying to figure out meals that my husband would enjoy as we'll so I don't have to cook separate meals. I figure I can always feed him what I'm eating and throw in extras (bread, potatoes, rice) for him.

Do y'all prefer fresh veggies over frozen? I'm thinking frozen would be cheaper?
I get a mixture.
I buy a lot of frozen cauliflower and some frozen rhubarb (which my grocery recently stopped carrying )

Other than that, I guess I don't eat a lot of veggies that come frozen
We mostly buy spinach (but I'm not usually cooking it), lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, more cauliflower (froz for caulimash, fresh for caulirice), celery, mushrooms, cabbage. Some other things we buy less frequently: rutabaga, green beans, asparagus, tomatoes, sprouts, broccoli slaw.

Now that farmer's market season is back, we'll be getting all of our veggies fresh and local. The only exception will be lettuce and spinach. There is a point in the St Louis summer that lettuce and spinach can't handle the local heat.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #326
Junior Member
 
ksdunham's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: mid hudson valley new york
Posts: 21

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

Default

hey --made it to day 4 i'm a vegetarian so dinners seem daunting to me but i will perserver thanks for all the advice and info kathy
ksdunham is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #327
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 161/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso58 View Post
Hi Mary,
I'm in Austin too. If you need any advice on where to eat out and remain OP, just let me know. I think your success will convince your husband to give you more support. Good luck with your journey!
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
mt360atx is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #328
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,070

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt360atx View Post
Hi calypso58,
Wonderful. My biggest struggle is to come up with something to eat. I am
a terrible cook and don't like to eat what I cook. so looking for places to eat out and still be on IP. Please if you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Oh, speaking of success, I started IP on 5/8, less than 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 10 LBs. So happy but hungry all the time.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Eating out A LOT will not be "ideal"... It is very possible to eat out and get
IP friendly foods, but for most meals... I would find it to get very expensive and not provide you the full quality of protein or enough veggies to meet IP.

Many places use chicken/pork products which have been pumped up with sodium and or sugar solutions. Once in awhile is not so much a problem, but not a good idea for the majority of meals.

Also one seldom can get enough veggies, even when asking for double veggies. You could end up paying additional for a third serving but that gets expensive quickly! Also the IP allowed veggies are very limited at most restaurants. And Salads are very often mostly lettuce with few IP veggies.

I suggest cooking for yourself by starting with just a few simple protein items. Get some chicken breast and cook in a crock pot with a little fat free chicken broth. Put a small center cut pork roast in a crock pot. What about grilling steak, burgers, chops, chicken since the weather is getting so nice. Whatever method you try, you can make enough for almost a week of protein. Add some frozen veggies to start then work your way up to roasting fresh ones by tossing in olive oil and salt/pepper and tossing onto a pan.

Baby steps in cooking will REALLY pay off and you will learn a new skill and be much happier on IP in the long run!

You CAN do this!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #329
Member
 
eightiesbabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71

Default

Is this a diet book? Is it something I can take a look at online? I have lost weight in the past with a modified Atkins-style diet so anything with a protein basis sounds good to me. Any info appreciated!
__________________
eightiesbabe84 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #330
Member
 
eightiesbabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71

Default

Okay, I think I got it figured out. Sort of an Atkins meets Medifast diet. Thanks guys sorry for the dumb questions. I see now that I could look in a lot of other places to find the answers.
__________________
eightiesbabe84 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2