3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #211

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default First Weigh In

So down 4 pounds and 3 inches...which is decent. I keep thinking that the inches should have been a bit better, but some is better than none.

JSorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #212
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmandt View Post
Good Morning All!!

I am on day 26 of IP. I have been lurking on the website and reading several forums for the past few weeks and decided to register this week.

I am excited about being on IP. I started IP on March 15th and I am down 17 pounds total and 13.25 inches total after my wk 3 weigh in yesterday. I was introduced to restricted items yesterday and thus far I am liking the products.
Congrats on the great losses! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So down 4 pounds and 3 inches...which is decent. I keep thinking that the inches should have been a bit better, but some is better than none.

Sorrell, remember you may not see all the fat you lose externally. We carry a fair amount of fat inside around our organs, etc. So you could be losing internal fat which wouldn't necessarily show up when you measure.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #213

S/C/G: 191/178/150

Height: 5'3

It's day three for me today. The first two days were rough, extreme headaches and lack of energy today though I feel great. Im excited for my first weigh in on Tuesday especially seeing the results others have had on this diet.
cheers2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #214

S/C/G: 238/234/150

Height: 5ft 1"

Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum! I was searching the web for information and support for IP and didn't find much of anything! I've just finished my first week. It didn't go so well. I cheated a little bit. And I was hungry and I thought the sweet packets were way too sweet and the savory packets too salty! As someone else said, I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veggies, and also the 8oz of meat. And, my coach isn't very coach-like. So, I don't want to discourage anyone, by sharing this, but it's where I'm at.
Any encouragement or advice is appreciated! Again, I'm so happy to have found this site!
Eden10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #215
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheers2014 View Post
It's day three for me today. The first two days were rough, extreme headaches and lack of energy today though I feel great. Im excited for my first weigh in on Tuesday especially seeing the results others have had on this diet.
Welcome! The first few days are the roughest. Make sure you're getting enough salt, that really helps with the headaches. Put some on your hand and lick it off followed by a big glass of water - works wonders. Don't worry - your body will adapt soon and you'll feel much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden10 View Post
Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum! I was searching the web for information and support for IP and didn't find much of anything! I've just finished my first week. It didn't go so well. I cheated a little bit. And I was hungry and I thought the sweet packets were way too sweet and the savory packets too salty! As someone else said, I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veggies, and also the 8oz of meat. And, my coach isn't very coach-like. So, I don't want to discourage anyone, by sharing this, but it's where I'm at.
Any encouragement or advice is appreciated! Again, I'm so happy to have found this site!
Hi Eden - this is a great board for tips, encouragement, recipes, etc., etc. Check out the daily chat for tons of information.

I felt the same as you when I first started but my tastes changed as I went along. Once you get through the initial few days and your body adapts to ketosis your palate changes some. Look at the recipe threads for ideas to make some packets taste better. You'll find your favorites as you go along and some things that you didn't like to start with you'll like later on.

The first week you can add an extra packet if you need it and lots of people use a couple of egg whites too. Drinking hot decaf tea can help too - for some reason hot stuff makes you feel fuller. And, of course, be sure to get a lot of water in - many times when you feel hungry you really are thirsty.

Look at the "fun with veggie purees thread" (link in the first post of the daily chat) for great ways to get your veggies in with less volume. And try different ways of cooking them - roasting is my favorite! 2 cups of spinach cooks down to a very little bit.

You can break your 8 oz of protein up and have a couple of ounces at lunch and then 6 at dinner (or whatever works for you). Make sure you're getting your oil in too.

Finally, you can eat all the lettuce you can handle. My test for hunger is: does lettuce sound appetizing? If not, I'm probably not really hungry, just wanting to munch.

Stick to the phase 1 sheet and you'll get awesome results. I would never have believed I could lose this much weight in less than a year, but I did it!

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #216

S/C/G: 218/197.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I'm LakeLover. I started IP on March 11th and had to take a little more than a week off the program due to a lumpectomy and breast lift on March 31st (I was exhausted and nauseous after surgery, and just needed "real food") but I've lost about 13 pounds since then. I am utterly thrilled - I've been on Weight Watchers forever and have long suspected that carbohydrates are like fat magnets for me. I'm excited to be here and look forward to learning more, and hopefully, contributing
LakeLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #217
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLover View Post
Hi all, I'm LakeLover. I started IP on March 11th and had to take a little more than a week off the program due to a lumpectomy and breast lift on March 31st (I was exhausted and nauseous after surgery, and just needed "real food") but I've lost about 13 pounds since then. I am utterly thrilled - I've been on Weight Watchers forever and have long suspected that carbohydrates are like fat magnets for me. I'm excited to be here and look forward to learning more, and hopefully, contributing
Welcome! Sounds like you are right back on track after your surgery - good for you for getting right back at it! And congrats on your loss!

I like your description of carbs as "fat magnets." The more I learn the more I am sure that I will have to moderate carbs forever. I can live with that if it means that I stay healthy and at a good weight!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #218

S/C/G: 264/227/175

Hello all! I stated IP 3 weeks ago and am finally getting around to introducing myself. I'm loving the results from my first 3 weeks (-18.2) and it is so motivating to see results immediately. People are starting to notice a difference and comment too, which is also great. I absolutely love this site and I think you all know more than my coach! Thank you so much in advanced for all the help I'm sure I will get here
booklover811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #219
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover811 View Post
Hello all! I stated IP 3 weeks ago and am finally getting around to introducing myself. I'm loving the results from my first 3 weeks (-18.2) and it is so motivating to see results immediately. People are starting to notice a difference and comment too, which is also great. I absolutely love this site and I think you all know more than my coach! Thank you so much in advanced for all the help I'm sure I will get here
Welcome and congrats on the great losses - that is wonderful!

This is a great site for motivation, ideas, support and recipes. Poke around the stickies or the first post of the daily chat - lots of great information.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #220

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

WELCOME to all new IPers!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #221

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone! I am a 'returning' IPer. Was on IP a few years ago and I'm embarrassed to say I quit, nowhere near my goal. I am sick of having my weight rule my life. All of my thoughts and conversations revolve around dieting.....yet I am still no nearer my goal (actually farther from it) than I was when I quit. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I'm re-upping and have made a new commitment to myself. I would like to look to the many successful, senior members who've been through it and have come out the other side! . What would be your top 3 'rules' for yourself that kept you on track? And/or, what would be your top 3 pieces of advice to newcomers wanting to find success on IP? Thanks in advance.

Started Whole 30 July 26th
Day 1: 206
Day 9: 199
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #222

S/C/G: 324/317/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello, I started IP on 4/9/14. Today is day 5 and I have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm finding that I am not hungry and I am starting to get used to the sort of strange protein taste of the food. So far, so good!
texaslady39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #223
Kay

S/C/G: 261/235/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to have found this site where I can talk to others that are on this same program! Hooray!

I recently started IP this past Monday (4/7/14) and am going in for my first weigh in tomorrow! This week was tough at first because I was surrounded by cravings (potluck at church, birthday party with tons of food, etc), but I made it without cheating. Yay!! I am unsure if I lost anything, but I am feeling so much better already. My cravings are nearly gone too, so that is a definite plus!

Can't wait to experience the rest of this journey!
kceleste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #224
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Hi everyone! I am a 'returning' IPer. Was on IP a few years ago and I'm embarrassed to say I quit, nowhere near my goal. I am sick of having my weight rule my life. All of my thoughts and conversations revolve around dieting.....yet I am still no nearer my goal (actually farther from it) than I was when I quit. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, I'm re-upping and have made a new commitment to myself. I would like to look to the many successful, senior members who've been through it and have come out the other side! . What would be your top 3 'rules' for yourself that kept you on track? And/or, what would be your top 3 pieces of advice to newcomers wanting to find success on IP? Thanks in advance.
Welcome back! My best advice is to read, read and read some more on the board - so many wise people who have the determination to make IP work. And plan, plan and plan some more. It makes all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslady39 View Post
Hello, I started IP on 4/9/14. Today is day 5 and I have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm finding that I am not hungry and I am starting to get used to the sort of strange protein taste of the food. So far, so good!
Great loss texaslady39! Congrats! The food does sort of grow on you. And some things you hated in the beginning you will find you like later on. Be sure and look at the recipe links in the first post of the daily chat - lots of way to spice them up and bake with them that completely changes the flavor.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #225
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kceleste05 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to have found this site where I can talk to others that are on this same program! Hooray!

I recently started IP this past Monday (4/7/14) and am going in for my first weigh in tomorrow! This week was tough at first because I was surrounded by cravings (potluck at church, birthday party with tons of food, etc), but I made it without cheating. Yay!! I am unsure if I lost anything, but I am feeling so much better already. My cravings are nearly gone too, so that is a definite plus!

Can't wait to experience the rest of this journey!

Welcome, K Celeste!

Can't wait to hear how GREAT you do at the first weigh in!

Making it through all that without cheating is a great non-scale victory!

(NSV)

Getting my cravings gone through IP has been a God send to me!
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.