3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,519

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. Alternative products that will work on Phase 1
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,519

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Beck diet Solution daily tip

If you're going to a party or event this weekend and think, "There'll be so much good food there I won't be able to resist, remind yourself, "If I was a vegetarian and all the food had meat in it, I definitely WOULD resist, no question. I may not want to resist, but I know I can."
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Reboot 11/22/14 @ 222.2lb
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 999

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good morning!
__________________

wk1:-6.2 wk2:-1.6
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,863

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 516

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.
Love this Ruth Ann, I will use your reply while I'm on holidays. The friend I'll be staying with in her condo will be saying exactly that to me while we are in Hawaii and I'm determined to stick to plan!
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
sunflwr816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 236

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Default

Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Reach 140s by Oct 1
Mini Goal 2: 142 by Hawaiian vacation, Oct 20
Mini Goal 3: Goal by Thanksgiving, Nov 28

WI 1: -3, WI 2: -2, WI 3: -0
sunflwr816 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 544

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Not only eat healthy because we want to, but boy do I feel better if I don't slip up at the holidays. Come January 1 I was wearing a size 6 while everyone else was thinking, ohhhh, how to get this weight off!
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 206/139.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?
I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
sunflwr816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 236

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?
I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Reach 140s by Oct 1
Mini Goal 2: 142 by Hawaiian vacation, Oct 20
Mini Goal 3: Goal by Thanksgiving, Nov 28

WI 1: -3, WI 2: -2, WI 3: -0
sunflwr816 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #11
IP Start 10/02/2014
 
smileyface678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ottawa ON
Posts: 12

S/C/G: 167 / 154 /135

Height: 5"6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!
Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?
smileyface678 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 469

S/C/G: 206/139.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.

Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
sunflwr816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 236

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.
There's a good chance they might! I try from time to time to use a combo of ACV and EVOO for dressing instead of the WF, but I like the flavors of the WF products better so I tend to use those. If it comes off slower...eh, it's still coming off! As long as the scale isn't going up, I can be happy with that!
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Reach 140s by Oct 1
Mini Goal 2: 142 by Hawaiian vacation, Oct 20
Mini Goal 3: Goal by Thanksgiving, Nov 28

WI 1: -3, WI 2: -2, WI 3: -0
sunflwr816 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
sunflwr816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 236

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface678 View Post
Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?
Thank you so much!
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Reach 140s by Oct 1
Mini Goal 2: 142 by Hawaiian vacation, Oct 20
Mini Goal 3: Goal by Thanksgiving, Nov 28

WI 1: -3, WI 2: -2, WI 3: -0
sunflwr816 is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Thank you so much!
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!
Inches are so important to me! It's funny how we all look at it differently. Where I weigh in, she only measures every 3 weeks. I miss the weekly measurements. You see such results in measurements.
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2