3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/293543-ip-daily-chat-friday-3-7-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 03-07-2014 06:20 AM

IP Daily Chat Friday 3/7/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

lisa32989 03-07-2014 06:23 AM

Beck diet Solution daily tip

If you're going to a party or event this weekend and think, "There'll be so much good food there I won't be able to resist,” remind yourself, "If I was a vegetarian and all the food had meat in it, I definitely WOULD resist, no question. I may not want to resist, but I know I can."

shrinkingsusie 03-07-2014 08:24 AM

Good morning!

Ruth Ann 03-07-2014 08:26 AM

Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.

Hiker88 03-07-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4958348)
Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.

Love this Ruth Ann, I will use your reply while I'm on holidays. The friend I'll be staying with in her condo will be saying exactly that to me while we are in Hawaii and I'm determined to stick to plan!

sunflwr816 03-07-2014 09:08 AM

Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!

drd1961 03-07-2014 09:15 AM

Not only eat healthy because we want to, but boy do I feel better if I don't slip up at the holidays. Come January 1 I was wearing a size 6 while everyone else was thinking, ohhhh, how to get this weight off!

catlady1981 03-07-2014 09:22 AM

I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?

ems70508 03-07-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4958396)
I have a question. Does staying 100% mean not using any Walden Farms products, not making any of the recipes and eating the packets as is?

I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.

sunflwr816 03-07-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4958396)

I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.

smileyface678 03-07-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4958384)
Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!

Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?

catlady1981 03-07-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4958402)
I consider Walden Farms and 'packet recipes' as staying on plan. It is my understanding that Walden Farms has been approved by Ideal Protein. When you add egg whites or baking powder to different packets, all of those fall into the 0/0/0/ category, which is OK to do. I use all of these processes to get me through and consider myself 100%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4958410)
I was under the assumption as long as it's 0/0/0 than it is OP. I could definitely be wrong though.

Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.

sunflwr816 03-07-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4958427)
Thanks ladies. I have seen some say that their losses have slowed so they are going to cut out things like WF or Mio(which I don't use). So I wasn't sure if they impacted loss or not.

There's a good chance they might! I try from time to time to use a combo of ACV and EVOO for dressing instead of the WF, but I like the flavors of the WF products better so I tend to use those. If it comes off slower...eh, it's still coming off! As long as the scale isn't going up, I can be happy with that!

sunflwr816 03-07-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyface678 (Post 4958412)
Well done!! You are doing so well! It's bound to come off slower as you have less to lose. 6.2lbs in a month is more than you would have done on any other diet, I am sure! How about the inches?

Thank you so much! :hug:
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!

ems70508 03-07-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4958433)
Thank you so much! :hug:
I (unfortunately) haven't been keeping track of the inches. I know that my thighs, bum, stomach and love handles have seen the biggest decrease. I tried on a pair of size 28 J.Crew jeans that I've held onto since college and they zipped up fine yesterday (a little tight in the butt). I'll take it!!

Inches are so important to me! It's funny how we all look at it differently. Where I weigh in, she only measures every 3 weeks. I miss the weekly measurements. You see such results in measurements.