Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #46  

Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

March 7, 2014 - Friday Weekend Warm-up

This weekend, remember that when you say "no" to eating something, you're also saying "yes" to even better things: losing weight, better health, increased self-confidence, feeling proud of yourself, and more.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Love that quote Lisa! Like I told someone around the holidays who asked "can't you go off your diet for just one day?" - I can do anything I want. What I want to do is eat in a way that gets me to my goal and helps me get healthy.
Lisa and Ruthann, great quotes and very motivational.

[QUOTE=sunflwr816;4958384]Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

Way to go sunflower and great job on losing inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" ?
Kontesanera, way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!
P3 tomorrow, that is such an accomplishment. It's motivating to hear that you are still dropping on P2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Yesterday I shared my 'before' and 'current' photo in the 'before and after' thread but i'll share it here as well. I'm loving this journey. I never realized how much I would learn about myself, my friends, my relationship with God and food!
Ems beautiful picture, congrats on all your hard work.

I'm on holiday for the next week, it is march break for the kids so no school. I dropped 3.5 lbs at weigh in today. I have lost 101 lbs from my highest weight. The kids bought me balloons, really my parent's. I'm very thankful for the support I get here and from friends and family. This will keep me going to lose the next 34 lbs.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBanana11 View Post
I didn't mean to make it sound like I wasn't eating, I am. I have a job that causes me not be able to eat at the same time each day because I have to work around anyone else. i guess I was really complaining that eating is a chore sometimes when you don't want to do it. The restrictiveness of this diet doesn't bother me anymore, I know it's not forever. When I'm eating with friends I don't care what they think. I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing this for me. My friends have become very understanding. I am not putting any limits on them and they don't try to make me eat something that I'm not supposed to have at that moment.
That must be tough to not have a consistent schedule! I apologize, I hope I didn't come across as accusing you of starving yourself! That's not what I meant to do. I understood what you meant about not wanting to eat...I feel that way sometimes too! I'm glad that your friends are supporting you, that's so great to have. It'll keep you going!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

ems70508 - what a transformation! You look amazing, so inspirational! I love before and after photos.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

This weekend, remember that when you say "no" to eating something, you're also saying "yes" to even better things: losing weight, better health, increased self-confidence, feeling proud of yourself, and more.
Super good one. I am going to a friend's birthday party, along with my husband who is on phase 1 for two more days, and we usually do some eating and a lot of drinking. I know that saying no will mean it will be an earlier and less crazier night, but that it will also mean a BIG yes to continued health, weight management, and being able to fit in my clothes hanging in my closet
Old 03-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks yall.

And Lisa, Thank you for posting these daily tips. They are great and I appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
And Lisa, Thank you for posting these daily tips. They are great and I appreciate it.
I find them very helpful, especially the ones about cravings or thoughts of cheating. I hear (see) so many people saying they "had to" or "couldn't resist" or "can't live without". Beck Diet really helps change that mindset. It is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. what we can do if we set our mind to it! The Beck book puts it all into very plain perspective.

I really think it is a must for anyone who has struggled with weight issues most of their adult life. Because one diet will not remove all of these issues.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I am not posting much these days as I am in Florida (OK) Disneyworld with my husband on business. This is day 3 and I am still 100 pc OP. VERY challenging as the evening meal is always provided by the host -unlimited buffet for about 3hours! But I will not use that as an excuse. I like the week of wearing a size 14 more than any food they have!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Before IP, my go to dressing was EVOO/balsamic/herbs. I may switch it up and use your dressing every other time. I like the WF, but all that stuff leaves a weird chemically sugary taste that I'm not fond of. I'm only in my second week but the home scale has not moved all week. I know, I shouldn't be so dependent on the scale, it's a hard habit to break. I took my own measurements when I started so I'll do that again this weekend and hopefully the changes will be there.

BTW, congrats on your losses and the 28 jeans! Yay!
Hey CAT -

were you the one whose coach gave a menu and packets that included more than one restricted per day? I know you are not happy with your coach and she gave you "answers" that "explained" a bunch of your concerns, but I don't recall what the response was to multiple restricteds. REALLY curious!!!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-07-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Pukka: Some coaches say pickles are a "freebie" and others don't. I don't count my 1 pickle a day towards my veggies. Arugula and mixed baby greens do count towards your veggies though!

If you're having problems getting your veggies in try some of the recipes that have zucchini in muffins or cookies, rhubarb in puddings or oatmeal or (my favorite) just cook up some spinach - one cup cooks down to about 6 bites!
I do not count my pickles towards my vegetables. There is no way I could eat one cup of pickles anyways. The amount I eat is small. But I guess if you eat a whole cup full, you should probably count it.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #56  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Happy Friday!! Weigh in #4 this morning and down another 0.4 for a total of 6.2 pounds lost in a month. I have been 100% OP using alternatives.

I think its time for me to readjust my expectations as I thought this process would take less time since I have less to lose. It's not TOM, but maybe there is another reason for the small losses. Just going to keep pluggin' along!
Congrats! I totally understand the need to readjust expectations as one has less to lose, as I am experiencing losses similar to yours. But a loss is a loss! Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
There's a good chance they might! I try from time to time to use a combo of ACV and EVOO for dressing instead of the WF, but I like the flavors of the WF products better so I tend to use those. If it comes off slower...eh, it's still coming off! As long as the scale isn't going up, I can be happy with that!
I used to make dressing with EVOO and chopped herbs, too. Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka8 View Post
Hi all

Question about pickles and lettuces that are NOT romaine or iceberg

Do pickles count towards your veggie quota for the day (am I being optimistic here??)
Hubby's coach included pickles as veggie, although eating two cups of pickles is a bit much for me. Be careful of the sodium in the pickles, as it might make you retain water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBanana11 View Post
I just kinda want to complain for a minute and then I'll shut up; I am bored with eating. I know I have to do it, but the process of chewing is really bothering me today. Same thing with drinking. I do it because I have to. Maybe that sounds a little crazy? I don't know maybe I'm just crazy. As much as the prospect of losing weigh excites me, the thought of putting anything in my mouth is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I think the food is good though. I waited until 10 this morning to eat my breakfast and I was good and hungry too, but for some reason as of late, I'd rather be hungry than to put another bite of anything in my mouth. This is my second time around doing this diet, all alts this time, but I seriously don't remember feeling like this the first time around. Has anyone else felt like this?
I have felt a total lack of hunger at times on this program, and had to almost make myself eat. I found that to be a great perk! I just had no desire to eat anything off program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!
Yay! Congrats! Best of luck on P3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8.

Having dropped another $190 at the clinic (I had to buy some more supplements), I don't feel so bad because I am seeing the results.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Love it! Too funny- I found the Beck book and workbook on ebay yesterday and was all poised to buy it, but the PayPal would not go through on my iPad. I will have to use hubby's desktop to place the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am not posting much these days as I am in Florida (OK) Disneyworld with my husband on business. This is day 3 and I am still 100 pc OP. VERY challenging as the evening meal is always provided by the host -unlimited buffet for about 3hours! But I will not use that as an excuse. I like the week of wearing a size 14 more than any food they have!
Wow, Walt Disney World! My favorite place on earth! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Way to go staying OP despite the challenges. I am sure you are getting in a lot of walking, too. And in those size 14's, no less! Whoop, Whoop!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

ems, you are beautiful in both pics.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #58  

ems70508- great job, you look amazing.

Lisa thanks for all your help and what you give us, it helps us stay on IP.

Hope all have a great day.
Went today and found my daughter a Prom dress- so hard as no one is carrying any more- all on line- hard to judge size that way as all cut different- She is so excited as she is a Freshman and got asked. She will have fun. It was a Mom/daughter day and had fun. Glad we found one today.
Stayed IP she was not happy as would not go where she wanted to eat, but they did not have anything I could eat and stay IP

Have to work this wk end but hoping will get on to read forum as it helps
Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Congrats drd1961. I just started phase 3 yesterday. Are you skipping phase 2 and going into phase 3? That's what I did and I have to say I am a bit nervous about it.
No I have been on Phase 2 for the last two weeks.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I always go grocery shopping Friday after work since my diet week starts on Saturday. Today it took forever because I was reading labels so closely. This is going to take some learning!
Closed Thread