Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8.

Having dropped another $190 at the clinic (I had to buy some more supplements), I don't feel so bad because I am seeing the results.

I know that quality supplements are not cheap, but does anybody know of any quality supplements that cost less than these?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #33  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!! So glad it's Friday I had a very busy weekend last week and am looking forward to some down time. My husband wants to go to the movies for the new 300:Rise of the Empire movie so I have to remember to bring my big purse with my IP snacks inside, LOL. I have also been struggling with getting tired of being on the diet and all the restrictions but I have decided that since it is Lent I will stick with it until Easter and then re-evaluate. Hope everyone had a great day and weekend!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=kontesanera;4958637]So I had my weigh at lunch time and I have lost another 2.8 lbs, for the total of 13.5 lbs for the first four weeks. She was double checking all my measurements as she could not believe that they were right! Official weight is 174.2, unofficial "morning-noclothes-afterwashroom-priortobreakfast" weight is 171.8./QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Went for WI at lunch. After a week of up .5 and nothing I dropped 2.5 today and have continued to lose inches. Start P3 tomorrow!
Congrats to you both! Great losses!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #35  

Quote:
Congrats! When did you start you IP journey?
Old 03-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone know if I can substitute homemade mayo (using Olive Oil) for some of the daily oil requirement? Here is the recipe:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
•1 tablespoon water
•1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
•1 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
•Kosher salt, to taste

For some reason I am really missing mayo. Could be I'm not getting enough fat. Just happy I'm not face first in a pint of Chubby Hubby!

Last edited by LuvA1exa; 03-07-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: I can spell words, just not all of them at the same time.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
Congrats! When did you start you IP journey?
I started dieting on my own in August and got down to 178 by the end of October. I then switched over to IP right before Halloween.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka8 View Post
Question about pickles and lettuces that are NOT romaine or iceberg

Do pickles count towards your veggie quota for the day (am I being optimistic here??)

And if I eat lettuces like arugula or mixed baby greens, do this count towards the veggie quota?
Pickles are made from cukes and they're on the select veggie list.
Re: lettuce. Not all greens are "lettuce". So if it is called lettuce (romaine, iceburg, bibb, boston), then it is lettuce. Other greens fall into the "field green" category and they are listed under select vegetables.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Does anyone know if I can substitute homemade mayo (using Olive Oil) for some of the daily oil requirement? Here is the recipe:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

For some reason I am really missing mayo. Could be I'm not getting enough fat. Just happy I'm not face first in a pint of Chubby Hubby!
Yes you can but it would be such a tiny bit, it might not satisfy anything (a tsp of mayo is hardly any!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-07-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #39  

Quote:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

I saw today that they had WF mayo. I am sure it is not the same, but maybe it would help.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I always so enjoy your posts. I just was thinking at your height, you must be looking super good. Keep up the good work & positive posts for other IPeeps

You're very sweet, I appreciate the kind words! I'm working on the body. I feel like I have a long way to go but I've realize that my weight is just going to be my journey for life I'm OK with that. You're doing pretty well yourself! I know you had a tough beginning but you powered through it! You figured out what works for you, a lot of people would just give up. Good job!

Yesterday I shared my 'before' and 'current' photo in the 'before and after' thread but i'll share it here as well. I'm loving this journey. I never realized how much I would learn about myself, my friends, my relationship with God and food!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (38.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
•1 egg yolk
•1 tablespoon water
•Kosher salt, to taste

Have you tried WF Mayo? I use them when I want chicken salad and it does the job!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
You're very sweet, I appreciate the kind words! I'm working on the body. I feel like I have a long way to go but I've realize that my weight is just going to be my journey for life I'm OK with that. You're doing pretty well yourself! I know you had a tough beginning but you powered through it! You figured out what works for you, a lot of people would just give up. Good job!

Yesterday I shared my 'before' and 'current' photo in the 'before and after' thread but i'll share it here as well. I'm loving this journey. I never realized how much I would learn about myself, my friends, my relationship with God and food!
You look wonderful!! You are a very positive inspiration. I am on Day 2 and around the same starting weight, so you give me great hope! Thank you
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #43  
New Englandah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
AnaBanana, I hear ya. I was actually thinking about this last night. Obviously everyone here wants to snap their fingers and be done. Not eating hurts your body just as much as food can. If you don't eat, your body will go into starvation mode. It's important to eat within a few hours of waking. Your body needs it. I really do understand where you're coming from though about not wanting to eat. To just be done with the diet and be done with the restrictions. I was thinking about how I used to love to cook (I still do) but being so restrictive begins to take a toll on you. My friends as well. We all used to cook together all the time. While yes, we do have a lot of veggies to choose from, 'dressing them up' seems to be difficult for everyone to decide. Especially when I feel like I'm overpowering them with my way of eating... everytime. Sometimes I feel like I'm limiting them and they may not want all those restrictions.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I wasn't eating, I am. I have a job that causes me not be able to eat at the same time each day because I have to work around anyone else. i guess I was really complaining that eating is a chore sometimes when you don't want to do it. The restrictiveness of this diet doesn't bother me anymore, I know it's not forever. When I'm eating with friends I don't care what they think. I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing this for me. My friends have become very understanding. I am not putting any limits on them and they don't try to make me eat something that I'm not supposed to have at that moment.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #44  
New Englandah

Quote:
I am in a similar boat AnaBanana11. I'm a grazer and sitting down to 2 cups of veggies to eat in a short period of time is outside my norm. Plus, I love salads but I feel like its just been too cold. Today I decided to make a game out of it and ate 2 cups of raw Kale while I completed a task at work. It worked. Little steps to change habits will help. Also not watching TV in real time so I can ff thru food commericals :-)
I used to be a grazer, but found that led me to eating more. So, I eat 3 times a day with a snack. I have also given up eating salad for awhile. I used to love the sensation of being full, but I'm satisfied with the required amount.

I have cut the cable cord and no longer miss it!! I love love love netflix - no commercials.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #45  

Quote:
I started dieting on my own in August and got down to 178 by the end of October. I then switched over to IP right before Halloween.
Congrats drd1961. I just started phase 3 yesterday. Are you skipping phase 2 and going into phase 3? That's what I did and I have to say I am a bit nervous about it.
Closed Thread