Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Lactose intolerant?

I have tried this program twice and both times felt very ill after a few weeks. I recently discovered I am lactose intolerant. Has anyone had issues with the food due to lactose? I cannot find a list of ingredients to determine what I can eat safely. Any help?
krisnchris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Are you working with a coach? If so, they will give you the ingredient list for all the products. It is best you get one frequently as they can change formula from time to time in the same ingredients.

Also a number of people here have SOY allergies and lots of products have soy. Have you checked or eliminated that as an allergy?
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #3  

The amt of lactose ( if any) in highly refined whey protein would be small but whey is made from milk

This would be something you'd have to research to determine lactose amounts in your items made with whey protein

Your coach should be able to get that info from IP corporate for you
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm lactose intolerant as well, but over the past few years have been working on building up the good bacteria in my gut again. My doctor told me that if you develop lactose intolerance as opposed to being born with it, you can somewhat fix it. I certainly can't drink a milkshake without being in agony, but I can have yogurt and baking and a little bit of cheese without adverse effects.

Because some of IP's products have whey or dairy, I did have some discomfort in the first few days but seemed to be fine after a couple of weeks. I do take a lactose pill with some things like the Mango Shake though. I do find that in general I'm far less bloated and (ahem) gassy than I ever was before IP which is a nice side effect!

Are you able to take the lactose pills?

I agree with the others here in asking your coach, as there are products that don't have anything that should affect you negatively if you're lactose intolerant.

Good luck and keep us in the loop!
JanMarie40 is offline   Reply With Quote