IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Had my WI today, a day earlier than usual due to my cousin coming into town today and staying for a few days. I knew I had a rough week. Too many little cheats...not full blown huge cheats, just little sneaks here and there that added up. (darn those 2 girl scout cookies I ate!) I had many appearances to go to with Miss WA and it just led to bad choices here and there. Nothing major, until yesterday...My big cheat was yesterday for National Pancake Day. It's a fundraiser at IHOP for CMN that all Miss America local and state contestants participate in. I ate a pancake...they served me three, I had enough bites to equal one. We were on camera for the news so I felt like I had to. I should've just had coffee and left it at that. I immediately felt awful. My coach said that pancake would've been enough to knock me out of ketosis and gain 3 pounds from the glucogen stores or whatever. I knew it was bad. I shouldn't have done it. But it's too late now...and I didn't lose anything this week. Oh well, next week will be better. Now, to get my body back into ketosis and continue the losses.

Like I mentioned, my cousin will be here later today. Her first time visiting Seattle (please rain, stay away) and we will be on the go a lot, out and about. She is SUPER healthy and I know eats right all the time, so I don't think it'll be bad. Just know that I need to make sure I have salad dressing with me and other IP foods in my car or purse to be prepared.

Moving onward...and downward. It's a whole new week.
  • Sounds like the consensus is no cake. I'm actually not even a cake lover (more of a general sugar fan) but I like to have my hand in everything wedding-related so I need to make sure it's delicious! I'll ask my Mom to come along with FI and I

Also, I am a huge fan of almond milk. I don't have any lactose issues, just prefer the taste. I always bought Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk before I started IP. I think it's around 40cal for a glass, I don't remember the other specs.
  • IP Phase 1
    Hi lulubee,
    You should have received a phase 1 sheet from your coach. Generally, the rule is 3 ideal protein items, 8 oz of lean protein, and 4 cups of veggies. However, you need the sheet to know what IP items are restricted and what types of veggies and protein you can eat. I been on the diet before and how it works is amazing. A lot of other diets cause you to lose muscle, unlike IP. Just re-started the diet as well, so best of luck to you!

Quote: I probably shouldn't be posting this early into my program but I'm nervous and could use some advice. Today is only day 2 for me and I'm a total newbie to IP.

Aside from getting a lot of written literature and the basic overview of Phase I from my coach (who is a chiropractor in NYC that I found through the 'find a center' link on the IP website), I'm unsure of how much I'm supposed to be eating per day.

Yesterday I had the packaged omelet, the leek soup accompanied by 2 cups of broccoli that I sautéed in 1tsp O.O., an IP chocolate bar and chicken breast, sautéed in tsp O.O. with 2 cups of broccoli.

But, how many calories am I supposed to be consuming? The sheet specifically states not to consume anything more than the portions sizes for Phase I or I’m “cheating”.
  • Restarting Today!
    Restarting IP today! I am guilty of cheating and not following through when I do it. It's not my first time doing the diet, but it is definitely one of the best methods of losing weight out there! Just can't lose my motivation like always! Once weighing 253lbs I was able to get down to 185 on my own. Lost 20lbs on IP before, but gained it back. Now im in it to win it! Looking forward to the blog to keep me motivated.

• Hi everyone!

Things are going fairly well for me this week even with it being my TOM. AF showed up so I'm wanting to eat everything in sight. I down water instead which is temporarily satiating me.

I am trying to stay OP 100% by cutting back on my WF additions & extract flavorings. I have had some slower losses the last 2 weeks (~2lbs each) & it's frustrating. I'm hoping this change will help me get back on track to bigger losses.

I also feel like my will power is waning. I think I'm just tired & cranky from YDD being sick so that's affecting me mentally. I'll be off to bed early the next two nights so I can actually be productive during my school session this weekend.
  • Quote: Hi everyone!

Things are going fairly well for me this week even with it being my TOM. AF showed up so I'm wanting to eat everything in sight. I down water instead which is temporarily satiating me.

I am trying to stay OP 100% by cutting back on my WF additions & extract flavorings. I have had some slower losses the last 2 weeks (~2lbs each) & it's frustrating. I'm hoping this change will help me get back on track to bigger losses.

I also feel like my will power is waning. I think I'm just tired & cranky from YDD being sick so that's affecting me mentally. I'll be off to bed early the next two nights so I can actually be productive during my school session this weekend.
    qtpiemels: I don't know where you live in Alberta but its probably been chilly and I think it affects a person too. I seem to feel more hungry on those days. Its TMO for me too so it was a tough week last week, it already feels better this week so I'm determined to stay on plan and say good-bye to the last couple of lbs. Being tired can make a person feel less motivated too. I try and drink more herb tea on those days. It warms me up and makes me feel less hungry! Its so worth it when we can stick to the plan even on those tough weeks!
  • Quote: Restarting IP today! I am guilty of cheating and not following through when I do it. It's not my first time doing the diet, but it is definitely one of the best methods of losing weight out there! Just can't lose my motivation like always! Once weighing 253lbs I was able to get down to 185 on my own. Lost 20lbs on IP before, but gained it back. Now im in it to win it! Looking forward to the blog to keep me motivated.
    Join the 100% thread immediately and commit to being 100% on plan. You'll be at goal fastest that way!
    Quote: Good afternoon everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well. I am still 100% OP which is a NSV because I thought it was going to be a struggle with my hubby coming home for the month. He leaves again next week and no slips.
    Today is my WI day but I do not go back to the clinic till next week. But my WI at home is 277.2 Week 7 total loss of 33lbs.
    I feel great and am so happy that half of the weight put on last year from over active thyroid is GONE!
    UNDERactive thyroid? That causes weight gain. Overactive speeds you up and makes it hard to keep weight on (unless you're overmedicated for it, like a friend of mine)
    Congrats on your fantastic loss
    Be sure to join the 100%er thread!
    The whole group works together to support each other to do IP cheat-free!
  • Quote: It is 1:53 AM AND I am up, wide awake. Our house has sold (buyer removed inspection contingency). Excited, but lots of moves ahead, first to a rental before the end of the month and then building our dream home.

Son deploys this morning at 5:55AM Hawaii time. No more to say.

First big trip soon since starting IP (sunny!)so this a big challenge for me to stay IP for a week. With great advice from the people on this site, I can do it. I want to come home with a nice weight loss.

The nicest part of this has been packing for the trip - sweet summery shorter skirts, palettes of soft pink and cream, size 16's. New shoes ( other too big) and then treated myself to spray tan, manicure, pedicure, haircut. Feeling very good and look forward to seating myself on the airplane and being able to fasten AND tighten that seatbelt! NSV
    Congrats on the sale of the house! How exciting! Sending good thoughts your way (and your son's). Hugs and thanks to both of you! And enjoy your vacay!!!

Quote: Wow, I haven't been on here since last Friday and it feels like forever! Mardi Gras was madness. I have a house on the parade route so from Friday-Yesterday it was always busy. I stayed on plan. I always had a plate of fresh veggies out to munch on. People were jealous of my 'warm brownie' and even asked for a bite. I was like..you have king cake and this is the only sweet I get..back off!! Jambalaya, King Cake, and Cheese awaited those who wanted it. I had no desire to. The King Cake smelled good but I knew it would just give me a tummy ache and puffy cheeks! It's now starting to hit me that i'm a 'skinny person'. I don't stand out in pictures any more, I can borrow a friends jacket to run somewhere! How odd to me.
    Way to go on the willpower! So mich to be proud of. I love how people are jonesing for YOUR "diet" dessert when they have the real thing!

Quote: I have been reading almost daily but haven't posted in a while. We had a busy weekend with helping a friend move, a real cajun boucherie and Mardi Gras!! After our boucherie (slaughtering of a fresh pig x2) we cooked a pork stew with fresh meat, OMG it was amazing but instead of having white rice which is a staple in south Louisiana I made cauliflower rice. Everyone was trying to eat it and said how good it smelled, LOL. I had to tell them to get out of my pot Anyway, back to the grind at work, hope everyone has a great day!!
    Here is another one! Love how you had to protect your cauli rice. Way to go on maintaining your willpower!

Quote: Beck Diet Solution Wednesday Sabotaging Thought: The scale was down so it's okay to loosen up today, I can get away with it.

Response: I may be able to get away with eating extra for a short period of time, but guaranteed it will catch up with me at some point and undo my progress. Once I accept the fact that I can't "get away with things" where dieting is concerned, it will be easier for me to just do what I need to do.
    I definitely needed this today. Fighting with staying OP the past two days and losing. I do not understand why, but I have to rein it in even while I struggle to find the source. Recommitting to 100% right now; I only have a few weeks left. I can do this!

Quote: Hi everyone!

I, too, am experiencing the waning willpower. Maybe it is winter doldrums for me, who knows? Best of luck dealing with family sickness and your school session. Rest up!

Okay, so when does a "No Soliciting" sign on one's front door really mean, "Go ahead, knock, and offer me a free estimate on _______. Certainly, keep trying to schedule a time for your staff to come for that free appointment even after I clearly state my lack of interest. No, my dinner is not on the stove or anything." Ugh! Come on, people!

Now, the real question: after this reboot of eight to ten weeks, is it necessary to do a full phase off, or will an abbreviated phase of suffice? Thanks!

Renee
  • Super bummed. I left my weigh in clothes at home. I always wear the same thing to WI so that that isn't a factor. I think it is a low week weight wise and my clothes are heavier - so it might be a no loss week. Oh well. Can't do anything about it. I will have to get my victories in other places like inches coming off (hopefully) and remaining 100% OP.
  • I am struggling this week. Not sure why,not sure if lack of sleep is a culprit, but i have just been hungry no matter what the past two days!
    On a more positive note, my offical weigh in sunday put me in the 220's. Hooray
  • Quote: Your losses are amazing! Congratulations!

ems70508 - congratulations! You are doing awesome!
    Thanx!! Each week makes it easier for me...Im very excited to see my end result

Quote: Join the 100% thread immediately and commit to being 100% on plan. You'll be at goal fastest that way!

UNDERactive thyroid? That causes weight gain. Overactive speeds you up and makes it hard to keep weight on (unless you're overmedicated for it, like a friend of mine)
    Congrats on your fantastic loss
    Be sure to join the 100%er thread!
    The whole group works together to support each other to do IP cheat-free!

Lisa
    Yea I never can keep them straight, my levels were too low. I actually have been feeling very tired so I called my Endo to check my thyroid. I do not want a repeat of last year so Im being over cautious. But I got my results today and my level is low again, probably from the weight loss. Just glad I caught it.
    I check the 100% thread I just haven't posted in there
  • Quote: Super bummed. I left my weigh in clothes at home. I always wear the same thing to WI so that that isn't a factor. I think it is a low week weight wise and my clothes are heavier - so it might be a no loss week. Oh well. Can't do anything about it. I will have to get my victories in other places like inches coming off (hopefully) and remaining 100% OP.
    Wait. Your WI clothes still fit?!? From the beginning?!?

Quote: I definitely needed this today. Fighting with staying OP the past two days and losing. I do not understand why, but I have to rein it in even while I struggle to find the source. Recommitting to 100% right now; I only have a few weeks left. I can do this!

I, too, am experiencing the waning willpower. Maybe it is winter doldrums for me, who knows? Best of luck dealing with family sickness and your school session. Rest up!

Now, the real question: after this reboot of eight to ten weeks, is it necessary to do a full phase off, or will an abbreviated phase of suffice? Thanks!
    Renee
    I have the reboot info somewhere. I'll look it up for you. Long reboot for you! Perhaps it's time to phase off?

Also, do you have Beck Diet Solution? It is great at helping pinpoint what is going on.
    Quote: I am struggling this week. Not sure why,not sure if lack of sleep is a culprit, but i have just been hungry no matter what the past two days!
    On a more positive note, my offical weigh in sunday put me in the 220's. Hooray
    Usually a WI like that can help! Sorry you've had that famished feeling. It comes and goes OP but Ketosis really does help! I had to let go of some items I was allowing daily, such as Mio, WF, and restricteds (not daily but too frequently for my current level of cravings)

I'd suggest strengthening your plan/resolve by doing MORE advance planning, checking in on the 100%er thread, and finding a new OP recipe to try..

Today I made some changes about WHERE I eat my meals. I'm reading Beck Diet solution. I wasn't a stand-up eater, but mindless all-the-same, and not being in P1 brought back some behavior/cravings that are unacceptable to me because they aren't helpful for staying on a plan, whether it is maintenance or WL. Making changes is like peeling the onion. If I'm to maintain right now, I truly want it to be a MAINTENANCE, not a slow regain. Reficused this week on stopping/reversing any creep. It will take constant diligence (at least for a while) for maintenance for me.
  • Just popping in to say hi scale still hasn't budged but I'm chugging water like crazy crossing my fingers and hoping for the best for weigh in tomorrow. Doesn't help that TOM showed up today either.
  • Quote: Just popping in to say hi scale still hasn't budged but I'm chugging water like crazy crossing my fingers and hoping for the best for weigh in tomorrow. Doesn't help that TOM showed up today either.
    Hang in there. The scales gonna do its thing & you're doing yours. One day the payoff will come. I hope you don't have to wait as long as me!

I made some changes re: Mio/WF this week. I have also stopped swinging into GNC for an occasional Quest bar. I've played with the MIO thing before but decided to get serious. It is now only reserved for social events & just til it's gone. I'll be replacing it with the stevia one IPN told us about. But again, only for social events (to keep it special).

Making some other changes based on Beck Diet Solution.
  • Quote: It is now only reserved for social events & just til it's gone. I'll be replacing it with the stevia one IPN told us about. But again, only for social events (to keep it special).

Making some other changes based on Beck Diet Solution.
    Lisa, do you know what the name of this new stevia water flavoring is and/or where you can get it? I just bought a few bottles of Mio to help the last 20oz/day go down easier (aiming for 80oz). I'd rather have something more natural in the future, thanks!

Edited: Just found them! http://sweetleaf.com/products/sweet-drops-products