3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
djs06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,380

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Quick question for everyone....we are going on Sunday for a cake tasting and consultation for our August wedding. I'm not sure what to do....should I politely decline to taste any cake and just let FI decide? Should I taste?? What would you do in my situation?
Hmmm... I'd let fi pick his top contenders and have a very small taste if each. But if you don't feel like you'd be missing out on the process, decline for sure!
__________________

Goal 1: Lowest adult weight (222)
djs06 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
kontesanera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default

I tried the tomato soup today. Yuck! I had it because I do not want to mess up the IP mojo. LOL Even the colors was repulsive, pale pink. I am sticking to mushroom soup for lunch as it actually tastes like the real mushroom soup.

Another NSV today. I had a coworker comment on how I am really slimming down

sunflwr816 - somebody already said, wedding cake is more about the looks than flavor. Just go with something that will appeal to everybody, not something that only a select few might like.
__________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIq1HdG/]



Started IP February 7, 2014
W1 - 5.3 W5 - 2.8 W9- 2.4
W2 - 1.7 W6 - 3.1 W10 - 1
W3 - 3.7 W7 - 1.9 W11-1.2
W4 - 2.8 W8 - 2.2 W12 - 1.2
kontesanera is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 342

S/C/G: 206/156/150

Height: 5'1/2"

Default First WI

I had my first WI yesterday and officially down 5.2 lbs! I'll take it.

Still have the coach/clinic drama going on. Spoke with the coach yesterday about her not being strictly IP, differences in Protocol sheets, etc. She had reasonable answers for all my questions, but she could be blowing smoke up my a**. Basically her responses were that she does what she does to keep the program reasonable in pricing. Some things in her opinion were completely overpriced and that is why she uses other products. She said she didn't know that the Protocol sheet had been changed since 2011. I have not reported her yet because I need to find a new place to go before I do that.

I did get in contact with another coach in the area and she wants $650 to enroll. I can't do that. Two other clinics that I have reached out to have yet to respond to me. And I haven't talked to TXWeightLoser yet.

Kontesanera: I agree. I had the tomato soup today and the color is offputting and the taste is weird.

Until then, congrats on everyone's losses and Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by catlady1981 : 03-05-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add a comment
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #34
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,669

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I had my first WI yesterday and officially down 5.2 lbs! I'll take it.

Still have the coach/clinic drama going on. Spoke with the coach yesterday about her not being strictly IP, differences in Protocol sheets, etc. She had reasonable answers for all my questions, but she could be blowing smoke up my a**. Basically her responses were that she does what she does to keep the program reasonable in pricing. Some things in her opinion were completely overpriced and that is why she uses other products. She said she didn't know that the Protocol sheet had been changed since 2011. I have not reported her yet because I need to find a new place to go before I do that.

I did get in contact with another coach in the area and she wants $650 to enroll. I can't do that. Two other clinics that I have reached out to have yet to respond to me. And I haven't talked to TXWeightLoser yet.

Until then, congrats on everyone's losses and Happy Hump Day!
She didn't know the protocol sheet had changed since 2011? That is one uninformed coach. Please run from that clinic as fast as you can. Seriously, for the money you pay for IP you want the absolute best, most informed coach you can find. Ask the other clinics if you can transfer over since you already paid the initial fee. And don't hesitate to demand your money back from the bad coach if you can't find a clinic that will let you switch without another fee.

And congrats on your loss -that is wonderful!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #35
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,220

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Catlady
The protocol sheet has changed NUMEROUS times sine 2011. This is a coach who probably had initial training but nothing more & doesn't keep in contact/updated on IP website for coaches.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #36
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,220

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I tried the tomato soup today. Yuck! I had it because I do not want to mess up the IP mojo. LOL Even the colors was repulsive, pale pink. I am sticking to mushroom soup for lunch as it actually tastes like the real mushroom soup.

Another NSV today. I had a coworker comment on how I am really slimming down

sunflwr816 - somebody already said, wedding cake is more about the looks than flavor. Just go with something that will appeal to everybody, not something that only a select few might like.
Re: tomato soup. I'm with you on YUCK! It makes a good flatbread, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Quick question for everyone....we are going on Sunday for a cake tasting and consultation for our August wedding. I'm not sure what to do....should I politely decline to taste any cake and just let FI decide? Should I taste?? What would you do in my situation?
To me, cake is...meh. I agree with the person who said cake is cake. I wouldn't give a rats *** to taste them. Now, what it LOOKS LIKE is quite another story. That is truly what people remember and what will be in the pics.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #37
IP started 12/17/2013
 
ssubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: east of Seattle
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default

Ruth Ann, your ticker moved!!!!!! Congrats to you.
ssubert is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
sweetenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Default

Good afternoon everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well. I am still 100% OP which is a NSV because I thought it was going to be a struggle with my hubby coming home for the month. He leaves again next week and no slips.
Today is my WI day but I do not go back to the clinic till next week. But my WI at home is 277.2 Week 7 total loss of 33lbs.
I feel great and am so happy that half of the weight put on last year from over active thyroid is GONE!
__________________
ONEDERLAND BY NEW YEARS







LBS TILL GOAL




Started IP: January 15, 2014


At Gym by sweetenuf22, on Flickr
sweetenuf is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #39
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 76

Height: 5'-8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
My coach is great, she listens to my concerns and answers all my questions honestly, not necessarily always "toeing the company line", which I appreciate. She's open to options, including some alternatives, and has great suggestions when I feel like I want to give up or I'm not inspired.



Congrats on the house sale! Sounds like the start of a new adventure. And yay on the sunny, warm trip - enjoy!



Like RuthAnn said, don't worry so much about calories, be more concerned with eating what's on the P1 sheet and staying within those guidelines. I too track what I eat with myfitnesspal and end up between 700 and 900 each day. Good luck, keep it up!

Hi all! Still crazy at work but it's all good - change is good, makes for busy days though.

My WI yesterday was good - down 2.6lbs - yay! My clinic is switching over/supplementing IP with the Pro Energy Diet products. They seem pretty similar though. My coach is still going to try to order some IP products - like the unrestricted chips - for as long as she can. Apparently, IP won't like it very much when they find out they are carrying other products.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi" and see how everyone is.

Have a great IP day!
Jo
I am curious if you have tried the Pro-Energy Products. Are any of them good? I have seen them online at www.thelowcarbgrocery.com (shipped out of BC and Ontario). Would be nice to know what they compare and to have something to order in Canada without Duty and exchange.
willsea is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #40
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

Rocked the weigh in, deposited another 3 at the fat bank!!!

Sunflwr, stay away. Let someone else you trust tell you. Hopefully you won't be on IP in August? Treat yourself on your wedding day!!!
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
PurpleMomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 238/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
I am curious if you have tried the Pro-Energy Products. Are any of them good? I have seen them online at www.thelowcarbgrocery.com (shipped out of BC and Ontario). Would be nice to know what they compare and to have something to order in Canada without Duty and exchange.
Hi!

I have tried the Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and it's pretty good compared to the IP one and not restricted.

I only picked up a few items this week - ranch chips, salt and vinegar chips, chocolate chip cookie (which was yummy!) and the cinnamon and vanilla cereal - because a co-worker was selling her IP stuff and I stocked up from her but I will let you know as we go on which ones are good or not. The interesting thing about Pro-Energy Diet's cereals are that they don't come with the white "milk" powder in them, you add milk to them. My coach recommended almond milk over skim and not to use the 6 to 8 ounces the instructions mention. Or to eat them dry - she likes them as a crunchy, sweet snack.

Jo
__________________
Back at P1 February 4, 2014!

PurpleMomster is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #42
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

PurpleMonster, I just got hooked on the maple oatmeal from IP. I had to step away from the amount of IP chocolate I was eating. It's unrealistic! So I've gotten in the habit of oatmeal for breakfast, which is what I used to do! Glad to hear theres an alt product out there for when I finish IP and need to keep other product in stock!

Did you coach recommend almond over skim for the cereal or just daily dairy for coffee? I thought that was 1 ounce? I'd love to get almond milk for my creamer instead of skim.
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
PurpleMomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 238/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
PurpleMonster, I just got hooked on the maple oatmeal from IP. I had to step away from the amount of IP chocolate I was eating. It's unrealistic! So I've gotten in the habit of oatmeal for breakfast, which is what I used to do! Glad to hear theres an alt product out there for when I finish IP and need to keep other product in stock!

Did you coach recommend almond over skim for the cereal or just daily dairy for coffee? I thought that was 1 ounce? I'd love to get almond milk for my creamer instead of skim.
I had initially ordered it because I liked IP's so much but didn't like that it was restricted (I like to have my restricted item as a snack) so this one works out great. There's also an apple and cinnamon version that I'm gong to try.

She recommends almond milk in general but she does have lactose issues. In this case I think she prefers it over skim because it won't spike the insulin as much but I haven't really compared the stats on the two to say if that's right or not. I personally don't really like milk and don't take it in my coffee but I am curious about almond milk in cereal. You might want to talk to your coach and see if it's possible to swap. I know some people use a splash of the RTD vanilla in place of milk in their coffee too.

Jo
__________________
Back at P1 February 4, 2014!

PurpleMomster is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
kontesanera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good afternoon everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well. I am still 100% OP which is a NSV because I thought it was going to be a struggle with my hubby coming home for the month. He leaves again next week and no slips.
Today is my WI day but I do not go back to the clinic till next week. But my WI at home is 277.2 Week 7 total loss of 33lbs.
I feel great and am so happy that half of the weight put on last year from over active thyroid is GONE!
Your losses are amazing! Congratulations!

ems70508 - congratulations! You are doing awesome!
__________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIq1HdG/]



Started IP February 7, 2014
W1 - 5.3 W5 - 2.8 W9- 2.4
W2 - 1.7 W6 - 3.1 W10 - 1
W3 - 3.7 W7 - 1.9 W11-1.2
W4 - 2.8 W8 - 2.2 W12 - 1.2
kontesanera is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #45
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,669

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssubert View Post
Ruth Ann, your ticker moved!!!!!! Congrats to you.
Thanks ssubert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Rocked the weigh in, deposited another 3 at the fat bank!!!
Congrats ems! You're doing great!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2