3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #46

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the suggestions re staying off the scale! tomorrow is weigh in and then it's going bye bye until next Wednesday.

Goal 1: Lowest adult weight (222)

Last edited by djs06 : 03-04-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #47
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
I was joking ...
Good. It still doesn't hurt to make sure everyone knows this could result in an issue, since the topic came up.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #48
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Mardi Gras! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Formal observation was this morning, and IMO, it went well. I should have a meeting with my principal in the next few days to get some feedback.

Congrats on all the losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Lisa gave some directions about her chicken soup and I have found that to be invaluable. I can make huge batches of it and keep it in the fridge so that when in a hurry, I grab a Tupperware container and I am good to go - have protein and veggies right there. It has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks, Lisa!

Home today with sick husband - he caught what I have had for the past two weeks but I can assure you I did not WHINE like he does when sick. Oh, give me patience!
Oops - forgot, I am still working on learning how to have that!
Schenectady, i love it when hubby cooks big batches, although I am pretty over soup at this point. Last week, he made a huge batch of stuffed peppers, and we ate on them all week. This weekend, he made a ten pound roast beef and two roasted chickens, so we are SET on protein for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around.

Stay warm!
Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category.
AWESOME! Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #49

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Great news to report: deposited 4 lbs today at my weigh in. Stuck to IP 100% and did my 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill daily and I lost 4lbs. Got some of the new unrestricted crisps today- BBQ and Salt and vinegar. I got the last two bags of each so I hope my clinic can reorder and keep them coming, all the IP members want them.

I am consciously becoming a healthier & slimmer version me! (I own a scooter!)
I mindfully eat to fuel my body.
w1: 9.4lbs ,w2: 3.2 lbs, w3:3.0 lbs., w4: 1.4lbs w5: 4.8 lbs w6: 2.4 lbs, w7: 2.8 lbs w8: Christmas gain 1.8 w9: 2.00 lbs W10(tom): 2.00 lbs w11: 3.00 lbs w12: gained 3lbs over mexician vac w13: no weigh in. w14: lost 3lbs w15: [b]lost 1lb/B] w16:lost 4.00 w17: lost1.7lbs w18: lost 3.00lbs w19:lost .4lbs W20:gained 2lbs w21: lost 3lbs.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #50
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
I was joking ...

I knew you were. I would never charge for anything like this. It's not like it's professionally done. Just an easy reference to have in a different place than the board. I'm doing my best to credit who posted things, but can't even guarantee it will have that. That being said, if anyone does not want me copying their recipes into the document (not calling it a cookbook...since really, it's just a place I've copied and pasted recipes and organized them by category). I kind of figured that once they are posted on a public forum like this, they're pretty much fair game to use. But, I will totally respect if someone doesn't want theirs used for any reason.

Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #51

Height: 5'2 1/2

What do you think would do more damage, cheating on IP, or eating more protein and veggies. I currently on my TOM and I have been eating more protein and veggies, because I'm craving sweets, like crazy! I think I did the right thing?!?! But now I'm worried about my weigh in on Saturday.

I figured eating more allowed food is better than cheating. Right?

I think I just need reassurance on this. lol

1.11.14. 3rd restart
2.15.14. Under 200lbs

Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #52

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
What do you think would do more damage, cheating on IP, or eating more protein and veggies. I currently on my TOM and I have been eating more protein and veggies, because I'm craving sweets, like crazy! I think I did the right thing?!?! But now I'm worried about my weigh in on Saturday.

Well... Actually eating more protein and veggies IS cheating (hard to believe eating veggies is cheating!). Eating other items (carbs) could put you out of ketosis (fat burning mode) but extra meat is extra calories and fat and extra veg is extra calories/fat. Extra anything can affect losses.

That being said, a couple scrambled egg whites or a hard boiled egg can help on occasion. Hot tea with a touch of allowed sweetener could help with the cravings. Are you having one restricted to help with that as part of your packets? Though some actually find that increases cravings and they try to stay away from any sweet products.

Hang in there... More suggestions will be forthcoming on here to help you get through and keep you 100%!!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #53

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Are you having one restricted to help with that as part of your packets? Though some actually find that increases cravings and they try to stay away from any sweet products.

Hang in there... More suggestions will be forthcoming on here to help you get through and keep you 100%!!
I have my restricted for breakfast. My cravings tend to happen during dinner time. But your right on the extra calories, is sorta cheating.

1.11.14. 3rd restart
2.15.14. Under 200lbs

Old 03-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #54

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Great news to report: deposited 4 lbs today at my weigh in. Stuck to IP 100% and did my 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill daily and I lost 4lbs. Got some of the new unrestricted crisps today- BBQ and Salt and vinegar. I got the last two bags of each so I hope my clinic can reorder and keep them coming, all the IP members want them.
That's wonderful, keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post

Eh, I definitely have my days where I eat more veggies or slightly more protein than the plan calls for. Sometimes this is entirely by accident; other times it's on purpose if I feel like I'll 'go rogue' if I don't eat a little bit extra. (This is mainly why I don't consider myself a 100%er).

I would of course try to avoid it as much as you can, but no sense beating yourself up about it. TOM can be a huge challenge. I could eat like a linebacker and still be hungry!

Goal 1: Lowest adult weight (222)

Last edited by djs06 : 03-04-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #55

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

gnalosit: i tend to go off plan, and the only thing i notice is that i don't lose as fast as i did before, but the losses are still there.
i'm losing about 2 pounds a week, and i'm more than ok with that
keep up the good work, and you'll be fine!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #56

S/C/G: 282/159/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category.
Jendilly - great idea, would totally appreciate a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Morning Everyone. I've just caught up on the chats from yesterday - pulled a 14 hour work day due to busy season and looks like another one today. This is where a sad face should go but I'm too tired to figure out how to do that!

I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work!
Way yo go Rosieposie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.
Gaolsit- I made a decision to go off plan for one day over Christmas and it lasted for 6 and I'd gained 7 lbs! Set my clinic record for the most weight put on between weigh-ins. Everyday that week I would try to get back OP but would go off in the evening. It took me two weeks, $$ wasted to get it off and more importantly told me that I still had to figure out my cravings and when to STOP!
Good for you for getting right back OP.

Great loses this week. I am hoping to reach 100lbs lose from my highest this week. Last week I was 2.5 away.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Your rock! count me in on that one! searching is a PIA some days!
cant agree more.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #58

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Headed on a 9 hour car trip tomorrow with my doggie. I'm going to be gone 10 days. I'm driving to meet my daughter to help her pick out a wedding dress. :-) I've packed my scale, IP products, magic bullet and my cooking stone for roasting veggies. I'm really hoping that I can stay on plan with all the "upset" to my routine.

Reading today's posts about going off plan will certainly be inspirational. I may not lose much, but I certainly don't want to gain.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #59

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Headed on a 9 hour car trip tomorrow with my doggie. I'm going to be gone 10 days. I'm driving to meet my daughter to help her pick out a wedding dress. :-) I've packed my scale, IP products, magic bullet and my cooking stone for roasting veggies. I'm really hoping that I can stay on plan with all the "upset" to my routine.

Reading today's posts about going off plan will certainly be inspirational. I may not lose much, but I certainly don't want to gain.
You CAN DO whatever you set your mind to and commit to doing! GO FOR IT!!!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post

I believe in you and I know you can do it.you have com me so far...keep the momentum going.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.