Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #31  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the link danilynn. I follow IP using alternatives and it appeared that there were alot of different recipes on there that didn't require IP items.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #32  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

thanks for the dressing idea eandc2006!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

This is one of my fav. recipes in the world!

1/3 c apple cider vineagar
1 egg white
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs minced shallots
1 c EVOO
dash of salt and pepper
1 pkt of spends (optional)
juice from 1/2 a lime or lemon (optional)
In your blender add in everything BUT the EVOO, mix on hix for 2-3 mins. Drizzle in evoo slowly until light and fluffy- serve immediately , store in the fridge

I got this from the andover diet center website
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
This is one of my fav. recipes in the world!

1/3 c apple cider vineagar
1 egg white
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs minced shallots
1 c EVOO
dash of salt and pepper
1 pkt of spends (optional)
juice from 1/2 a lime or lemon (optional)
In your blender add in everything BUT the EVOO, mix on hix for 2-3 mins. Drizzle in evoo slowly until light and fluffy- serve immediately , store in the fridge

I got this from the andover diet center website
SarahBell...what is this for? Sounds good whatever it is
Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
SarahBell...what is this for? Sounds good whatever it is
it is a salad dressing, but I use it to dip everything in! YUMMMMYY!!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

Last edited by sarahBell; 03-04-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #36  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
it is a salad dressing, but I use it to dip everything in! YUMMMMYY!!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes
This is my favourite recipe link. Use these almost every day. Especially like the photos that go with each one.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #37  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category.
Your rock! count me in on that one! searching is a PIA some days!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
This is my favourite recipe link. Use these almost every day. Especially like the photos that go with each one.
Iknow! it is so easy to find recipes on there no searching required!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #40  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
count me in on that too!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #41  

Beck Diet Solution (a great book for ANYONE who struggles with dieting or maintaining weight)

Tuesday Reality Check: When dieters get off track, they often truly forget how good it feels to be in control of their eating. Therefore, the thought of getting back on track usually feels much more daunting and burdensome than it really is. Once they're there, they feel so great about it.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #42  
Started IP 9/10/2013

Quote:
Way to go Jen! I would even pay for that. Hmmm...I sense a business opportunity here...
Old 03-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #43  

All

If you posted a recipe here today, make sure to repost it in the recipe thread. It'll be much easier to find at a later date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.
Besides what others have said, give it to someone to keep for you who will work with you to only "allow" you to use it once/week.
Part of this "I can't" attitude is addressed in the Beck Diet Solution book. We are much stronger than we give ourselves credit for and we are the source of much of our own suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I was wondering if anybody has ever felt really cold from drinking too much water? Last night I was freezing, went to bed early, with a long sleeve shirt, and then woke up with a "fuzzy" head this morning. I could not concentrate and was completely slow motion. I barely drove in to work, my eyes kept on closing, and even had a 10 minutes power nap in my car after arriving at the office. Now that I have drank my coffee I do feel a little better (I never have coffee prior to coming to the office, so I know that is not the case). My coach also warned me about drinking too much water, said I should not have more than 3 l, but I usually have 4+.
I get very cold if my drinks have ice so I'm just drinking my water room temp most of the time. The fuzzy head sounds like perhaps you forgot your salt? This can lower blood pressure.
Last spring I had lots of times when I was super tired driving home from work. Making sure I added my salt really helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Guys! I lost my food journal I'm going to track it on a regular notebook, but I think my coach may be mad.
Attitude adjustment time! You pay your coach for their services.
The coach isn't the boss of you.
I'm sorry you lost your journal because it is a wonderful record but please don't give the coach all that power and control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Could I possibly get this chicken soup recipe. I love chicken noodle (really miss it as a matter of fact) and have to say that having something on hand and ready to go in a pinch would be great. Sometimes, between work and life, I would love to skip cooking a full dinner for the night. Thank you!
I just added it to the recipe thread
Another good example of what happens when recipes are shared "other places" and not also copied to the recipe thread. They're too hard to find later!!! No problem with sharing recipes in other threads, as a matter of conversation, but PLEASE be sure they're also in the recipe threads for future reference!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-04-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Way to go Jen! I would even pay for that. Hmmm...I sense a business opportunity here...
Taking what others have freely shared and making a business would not be in the spirit of paying it forward...
I would have to remove any recipe I have shared if that were to happen.

The other issue is copyright, since we have many recipes shared on those threads from multiple sites.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-04-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #45  
Started IP 9/10/2013

I was joking ...
Closed Thread