Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Guys! I lost my food journal I'm going to track it on a regular notebook, but I think my coach may be mad.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.
take the batteries out and only get them out of storage on WI day!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #18  
Started IP Feb. '04

S/C/G: 316.8/303.8/180

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around.

Stay warm!
I am from NOLA...Happy Mardi Gras! What is the name of the veggie restaurant?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Lisa gave some directions about her chicken soup and I have found that to be invaluable. I can make huge batches of it and keep it in the fridge so that when in a hurry, I grab a Tupperware container and I am good to go - have protein and veggies right there. It has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks, Lisa!

Home today with sick husband - he caught what I have had for the past two weeks but I can assure you I did not WHINE like he does when sick. Oh, give me patience!
Oops - forgot, I am still working on learning how to have that!
Could I possibly get this chicken soup recipe. I love chicken noodle (really miss it as a matter of fact) and have to say that having something on hand and ready to go in a pinch would be great. Sometimes, between work and life, I would love to skip cooking a full dinner for the night. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #20  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Hello fabulous beauties!!!

Today marked my 1st official weigh in... drum roll please... i lost 8.8 lbs. Though a lot of this is water weight, i am glad and happy to see that needle finally drop

Just curious for those who are on the IP or Alt side, have ya'll looked at the Chef Verati Cook book? Well, my husband and i bought that off Amazon last week. We made a meal from that and boy was it good! Hubs told me to put 5 stars in the book to repeat for future meals. Just curious if any one here has used it and if so, what were your favs from it?

anyhoo --- have an awesome day everyone!!!!

xoxoxox
Old 03-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #21  
IP Start 10/02/2014

S/C/G: 167 / 154 /135

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone!
I had my third WI today and lost 3.5lbs. Thats a total of 13lbs in 3 weeks - so happy and great to see the scale move after a 1lb weight loss last week!
Hope everyone is having a great OP day - roll on week 4!
Victoria xo
Old 03-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #22  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.
Your post was really timely for me cause I've been on P4 now for 3 weeks and I'm going skiing tomorrow so I have the worry that I'll be worn out in short order. I'm going to take extra bars and shakes with me and make sure I have a serious P3 breakfast every morning. I can only echo what everybody else has said. Stick to the plan, religiously. Write down EVERYTHING you ate in your food journal if you can, this was really hard for me when I fell off the wagon. You're probably out of ketosis so you will suffer the hunger and cravings again - remind yourself why you're doing IP if you find yourself struggling. Try to resist beating yourself up about the fall, today's a new day. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #23  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
I am from NOLA...Happy Mardi Gras! What is the name of the veggie restaurant?
The Green Goddess down on exchange alley
Old 03-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/190/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around.

Stay warm!
Have Fun!!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #25  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Danilynn....Chief Verati's cookbooks isn't available right now on amazon.com. I wonder what happened...maybe they sold out? Which recipe did you try? I'm always on the look out for good IP recipes.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #26  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Danilynn....Chief Verati's cookbooks isn't available right now on amazon.com. I wonder what happened...maybe they sold out? Which recipe did you try? I'm always on the look out for good IP recipes.
the one on Amazon only had 2 left at the time we bought it. Keep looking there, im sure it will come back to be sold again. There is always ebay if you want to bid for the book --- there is one there now i found for 29.99 though the bidding war ends friday. If you are an avid ebayer -- add that to your watch list.

the recipe we tried was a slow cooker called beef stew Bourguigonon style (made with slow cooker). In the book all recipes are made for 4 servings (plated dinners) with knowing you are getting your 2 cups of veggies in. If you have never had Celery Root --- BOY is it good. Its sweet like potato but taste like celery. lol Here is the recipe for you:

Beef Stew Bourguignon Style
1 1/3 lb beef shoulder cubed 1 in thick
3 c mushrooms
3 c green peppers shredded
2 c celery root cubed
1 T oregano crushed
2 T Walden Farms Basil & Tomato Sauce
7 oz Walden Farms Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
2tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 T olive oil
1 1/2 T onion powder
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste

In skillet , brown meat in hot oil. Drain excess fat. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
Sauté peppers, mushrooms and celery root. Add onion powder. Add to slow cooker. Pour the basil and tomato sauce into skillet. Once boiling add to slow cooker. Add BBQ sauce, oregano, and worcestershire sauce directly to slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 10 -12 hours.
Remove 1/3 of the vegetables from the slow cooker and puree. Put the puree into a large skillet and add the sauce from the slow cooker. The sauce should coat the back of the spoon to be the right consistency.
Add the rest of the vegetables and meat to the skillet, stir well and serve.

Per serving: 350 calories, 15 gr fat, 33 gr protein, 15 gr carb
Old 03-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #27  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Very Nice! I'll keep my eyes open. By the by...do alot of the recipes involve WF products? I'm really not a huge fan of them, infact I eat my salad plain because I don't care for the products. boo!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #28  
banned

Quote:
Very Nice! I'll keep my eyes open. By the by...do alot of the recipes involve WF products? I'm really not a huge fan of them, infact I eat my salad plain because I don't care for the products. boo!
yes unfortunately... but if there is a way to find products equivalent to WF, i say sub those in -- but it virtually would need to be calorie, carb and fat free.

there are other recipes in the book that do require IP stuff (no WF)-- which i do not have, but i sub in my alt items (or equivalent). There is a recipe that i am making tonight (Beef Skewers) that require the IP BBQ ridges. I have the BBQ soy puffs. so we will see how this one turns out lol..

check this site out for other recipes that are in the book: http://idealweightlossofbloomington.com/recipes/
Old 03-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #29  

Quote:
a great homemade IP friendly dressing that I love is taking a clove or two of garlic (adjust to your preference), the juice of one lime, and salt, mixing and covering the salad. Seriously delish. I used long before IP and its a staple as I hate WF products with the exception of a rare few. You can also add a bit of EVOO if you wish.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
yes unfortunately... but if there is a way to find products equivalent to WF, i say sub those in -- but it virtually would need to be calorie, carb and fat free.

there are other recipes in the book that do require IP stuff (no WF)-- which i do not have, but i sub in my alt items (or equivalent). There is a recipe that i am making tonight (Beef Skewers) that require the IP BBQ ridges. I have the BBQ soy puffs. so we will see how this one turns out lol..

check this site out for other recipes that are in the book: http://idealweightlossofbloomington.com/recipes/
Thank you for the link. I am always looking for more recipes
Closed Thread