Finally broke free...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This month will make 5 months that I have been on IP. From October thru the end of December, I was unstoppable. And you would think the holidays would be my greatest challenge... I mean, it was but I didn't allow myself to cheat. However, after the New Year, most of my old habits started to kick in. I still didn't "cheat cheat", but I was unable to keep the weight off. I didn't gain significantly, but it was like a rollercoaster ride. Some weeks were down, then I went back up, and it kept going like that for about 2 months. I never though I'd break free...

Until this morning. I changed my WI day because Saturday nights are challenging for me because of my work schedule, so now I weigh myself on Monday. However, yesterday I decided to weigh anyway, just for haha's. I changed what I had during the week, and was ready for that scale... but still had that voice of doubt in the back of my head. I ignored it and stepped on. Down 4.5! I screamed! That meant I only had 1 pound to go before I got under 200. Well, I got on it again this morning, and this is what it read...

• Congratulations!!! That is MAJOR! Keep it up.

• Scotty's,

You just made me tear up! Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment!
  • So excited for you! I too am working towards that under 200 day!!! It's at this very day 37.6 lbs to go and I'll be so close by summer but not quite there.
  • congrats! seeing that "1" on the scale is so exciting! Welcome to Onederland!
  • Quote: So excited for you! I too am working towards that under 200 day!!! It's at this very day 37.6 lbs to go and I'll be so close by summer but not quite there.
    Thanx! It'll get there before you know it. It took me 8 years, two trips to WW with no success before I got to the point where I couldn't do it anymore. It wasn't until my cousin did IP that I found out about it, was hesitant because of the cost, but I won't look back now. My highest weight was 253 in 2006, and I've made it my goal to NEVER go back there again. 18's, 20's and 22's are a thing of the past... if I can get there, so can you! Just keep sticking to the program! You got this!
  • Quote: This month will make 5 months that I have been on IP. From October thru the end of December, I was unstoppable. And you would think the holidays would be my greatest challenge... I mean, it was but I didn't allow myself to cheat. However, after the New Year, most of my old habits started to kick in. I still didn't "cheat cheat", but I was unable to keep the weight off. I didn't gain significantly, but it was like a rollercoaster ride. Some weeks were down, then I went back up, and it kept going like that for about 2 months. I never though I'd break free...

Until this morning. I changed my WI day because Saturday nights are challenging for me because of my work schedule, so now I weigh myself on Monday. However, yesterday I decided to weigh anyway, just for haha's. I changed what I had during the week, and was ready for that scale... but still had that voice of doubt in the back of my head. I ignored it and stepped on. Down 4.5! I screamed! That meant I only had 1 pound to go before I got under 200. Well, I got on it again this morning, and this is what it read...
    I am laughing with you, scottysgirl, 'cause exactly the same thing happened to me this morning! After weeks or up one and down one, up one and down one, I got stuck at EXACTLY 200.00. Everyday, it stared at me. I tried weighing with no clothes, took off rings and jewelry, everything. Still 200.00.

So this morning, low and behold, 199.2. I assume the incredible joy I felt must be close to what you felt. Let's hang in there and celebrate by knocking off a few more!
  • Quote: I am laughing with you, scottysgirl, 'cause exactly the same thing happened to me this morning! After weeks or up one and down one, up one and down one, I got stuck at EXACTLY 200.00. Everyday, it stared at me. I tried weighing with no clothes, took off rings and jewelry, everything. Still 200.00.

So this morning, low and behold, 199.2. I assume the incredible joy I felt must be close to what you felt. Let's hang in there and celebrate by knocking off a few more!
    Amen! That's awesome! Congrats to you, and here's to many more pounds gone
  • Congrats to both of you and what a great day for you both.
    I have been stuck at 204 and I'm thinking I will be there forever but I've heard both of you say that it does change.
  • Congratulations Scottysgirl
  • Congrats to both of you!
  • Congratulations to you both, that is an awesome accomplishment.
  • Way to go!!
  • Congrats I'm so happy for you
  • What a wonderful way to start the weekend. Congrats!!!