Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #46  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
This is the first I have heard of the 20 week limitation. I have been on since mid-July. I don't have any hair loss issues.
My hair loss started at 16 weeks approximately, but my SIL had no hair loss. It seems to be pretty individual. I was on P1 5 1/2 months when I began phasing off and she was on 6 months. We both were at a point where we needed a break, MENTALLY! I admire those who have had much longer journies. That takes a lot of strength!

Last edited by dak1lls; 03-03-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #47  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
My hair loss started at 16 weeks approximately, but my SIL had no hair loss. It seems to be pretty individual. I was on P1 5 1/2 months when I began phasing off and she was on 6 months. We both were at a point where we needed a break, MENTALLY! I admire those who have had much longer journies. That takes a lot of strength!
Dak,

I am afraid that if I take a break, I won't go back. So, I am pushing through and going to finish up, get to/through maintenance. If I need to reboot in the future, that is another story.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #48  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Morning all.. been active on other threads, decided to tiptoe into daily chat and say hello to all the "regulars". Hoping this week is a good week WI wise, since I'm only .8 away from making it into the "two's". Here's to hoping!
Hi Kawaii1002 - a warm welcome, welcome, welcome to you! Glad you decided to join in on the fun. It really is quite interesting to learn and interact amongst the group. Fingers crossed that you make your goal this week - we will be here to celebrate with you. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!

I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three lbs for over a month now even though I am completely OP (I find weekends I have a hard time getting all my water in).

Was really hoping to start phasing off by my bday (end of April) and be in maintenance for a trip I'm taking the end of May.

I am bouncing back and forthc rom 169-172. My lowest adult weight that I can remember was roughly 160. I have a feeling this is my body tellig me where it should be, but I barely lost any inches off my thighs/calves, which is the part of me I dislike the most.

Frustrating, but I'm just going to keep plugging away. Maybe I will tKe a break from the scale and pay more attention to the measuring tape.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Hi ShrinkingSusie - yes, take a break from the scale, great idea! Otherwise, things become quite daunting and sometimes have a reverse effect. You are on the right track, if you plug through you will continue to be faced with even more success. Maybe reinvent some items and mix up your menu, trick your body a little and make things more interesting.. I wish you luck, you can do it - this is your birthday gift (one of them) to yourself. Push through!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I do not know how to dancing carrots or any of that fun stuff on here...fairy dust....

but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONDERLAND!!

Can't tell I am excited, can you? I am now at 97 lost since the height, 71 on Ideal Protein, and in Onderland for the first time since I was dating my husband.

My body decided to be mean and I sat at 200.00 for over 6 days, having played at 200-201 for two weeks. So I earned this sweet baby because I was 100% OP AND PATIENT (see, Lisa, I have learned from you).
Schenectady - Congratulations!!!! x a million more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siestalady View Post
Hello,
I am very excited about this group and the support opportunities. Have been IP for 4 months and have lost 50 lbs. still going but now I have rediscovered the gym and enjoying working out again. But the flab? Omg! Need to get rid of it. Only downside to rapid weight loss.
Hi Siestalady! Congrats on your amazing success, kudos to you. Happy you decided to join in on the fun. Glad you are loving the gym, keep it up and the flab will be disappear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
There is a whole hair loss thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hair-loss.html

The more I read about PSMF diets like IP, the more I learn a diet break really should be worked in about every 3 months (12 weeks). I was on for about 10 months and have hit a plateau that just won't break. Losing weight is good for our health but we need to do it in healthy ways...
Agreed Lisa, agree. Thanks for the share.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Dak,

I am afraid that if I take a break, I won't go back. So, I am pushing through and going to finish up, get to/through maintenance. If I need to reboot in the future, that is another story.
I know what you mean. It is hard to reboot. I have been maintaining since October, but when I do P1 days they seem to be much harder. I know others have mentioned taking breaks, and I defer to their much broader range of knowledge of how our bodies react to P1. I was just lucky enough that I hit goal in that amount of time. My hat is off to you! You are doing remarkably well and I know you will be able to continue until you hit goal.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Good Morning all I love this website and have realized this is one of the places I depend on Positive feedback and support.
I have been working out steadily at my Gold's gym in town and had my measurements done a couple weeks ago and this is something that I recommend for all people that are doing IP. The measurements are the great thing that we forget about.
I have lost 2 inches in my neck, 4 inches in my waist, 7.5 inches on my hips, 3 inches in my Bicep, and 1 inch in my thigh. This was the push that I needed to say to myself this is working and giving up food that was not helping me is a good thing.
I was then asked to do a commercial for the gym about their personal training and in the past I've had 3 personal trainers through them and if I would've started IP and ate this way and did my personal training wow where I would be. I love where I am right now I have so much self esteem and feel like a different person.
However my conversations with my mother are so frustrating and I want to tell her that I can't talk to her anymore due to her being negative and not supporting me.
Yesterday I told her that I had jogged 1.5 miles, walked for 7 minutes and jogged 1.5 miles again. I am competing in a 10k in May and am well on my way to accomplishing this goal I've set for myself. My mother says TONI you have got to quit you will be nothing. I told her I still way 204 and I have a long way to go in my weight loss battle. She said you look like you weigh 150, I told her I don't. I get so upset after talking with her and she always says we need to be supportive of my sister who had Gastric Sleeve done, How about being supportive of me. I'm trying really hard not to be hurt but in a way it's like she is trying to keep me from achieving my weightloss goal.
Thanks for listening to me and being there for me. I have come so far in my weightloss journey and I attribute that to all of you on this website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Way to go on your amazing success!

As for your mother… How does she react if you say "I will not discuss this with you anymore, and I don't want to hear your opinion about it?" I've found that in situations like that, if it's just a few topics that hit a nerve, it's way easier to avoid the offending topics and refuse to discuss them. But if it's an overall thing and a symbol for how you interact, I totally understand wanting to keep your distance. Do what's right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Was wondering if anyone who orders from Nashua could look this over as I am trying to go alternatives now on IP. I am planning on ordering the following.
proti-thin snack chili and lime soy
proti-thin zippers (BBQ and SC and herbs)
proti-diet cereal honey nut soy
proti-diet white cheddar crisps

My understanding is that all are unrestricted with the exception of the proti-thin zippers. Anyone done the oatmeal? Any other suggestions? I would like to get over $100.00 for free shipping so ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.
I've tried and like all of those. My staples from Nashua are:
cocomint cream pudding/drink from weight loss systems (Lisa got me into making it into a hot chocolate and I have it every day, yum!)
proti diet vanilla wafers (restricted b/c of fat content)
proti thin mocha wafers (restricted, fat and calories, but these are my absolute have)
WLS pretzel twists (unrestricted)
caramel peanut coated soy snacks (restricted)
chocolate coated soy snacks (restricted)

I've tried probably a majority of their products. I'm not a big fan of the bars but most other stuff has been good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
There is a whole hair loss thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hair-loss.html

The more I read about PSMF diets like IP, the more I learn a diet break really should be worked in about every 3 months (12 weeks). I was on for about 10 months and have hit a plateau that just won't break. Losing weight is good for our health but we need to do it in healthy ways...
I've been thinking about this, too. I have read a lot about PSMF diets (I have a lot of time on my hands these days..) and have come to the same line of thinking. I would much rather "power through" but I'm considering going until May, phasing off for a month or two and trying maintenance, and getting back to it.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hey - I'm not sure if I should post this here - but I'm new so bear with me

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Hey - I'm not sure if I should post this here - but I'm new so bear with me

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?
Week three is notorious for 'lower' weight loss. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss and calibrating, the way it should be. The glycogen stores are depleted (which is part of what makes our week 1 and 2 numbers so high) and now you're losing more fat. 3 pounds for week three is great. There's really nothing you can do to 'maximize weight loss' on this diet. As long as you're following and getting everything you're supposed to get without eating anything you shouldn't be, you will get results. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Week three is notorious for 'lower' weight loss. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss and calibrating, the way it should be. The glycogen stores are depleted (which is part of what makes our week 1 and 2 numbers so high) and now you're losing more fat. 3 pounds for week three is great. There's really nothing you can do to 'maximize weight loss' on this diet. As long as you're following and getting everything you're supposed to get without eating anything you shouldn't be, you will get results. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!
Thanks! Any idea why I'm hungry today? I had a chocolate drink with 2 c. spinach - and I'm HUNGRY! I haven't been hungry at all on this program and I am today!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!

Old 03-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Thanks! Any idea why I'm hungry today? I had a chocolate drink with 2 c. spinach - and I'm HUNGRY! I haven't been hungry at all on this program and I am today!
Is it TOM? Also sometimes when my body is preparing for a big WL number I am hungrier. It is like it is fighting to keep it on, so I usually ignore the hunger and drink lots of water.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #56  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any definite reason on the days I feel hungry... I can go weeks and weeks with no hunger and then suddenly I have a few hard days. The one thing I noticed was the hunger did seem to hit on days I hadn't drank all my water.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNatural View Post
Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!

for you and smidge of it for me
Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 204/190/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Good morning! Yesterday I saw the woman who first informed me about Ideal Protein. She is looking even more amazing. So inspirational. This morning I got up with new commitment and vigor to stay on plan.

If she can do it, then why can't I, right? And seeing how wonderful and happy she looks makes me realize that it really is worth pushing through the tough spots.
That's true Trinny there are like 5 people doing well at my job. Everyone is opening packages at lunch. LOL
Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I was still starved after lunch, waited an hour had my restricted- that me me want something sweet more SO I made a cup of Chinese oolong tea with abt 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in it and the cravings are gone!!! I forgot I had the oolong tea and have had 1-2 cups per day and loving it!

so this is a small victory for me- not caving into my sweet tooth!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Way to go on your amazing success!

As for your mother… How does she react if you say "I will not discuss this with you anymore, and I don't want to hear your opinion about it?" I've found that in situations like that, if it's just a few topics that hit a nerve, it's way easier to avoid the offending topics and refuse to discuss them. But if it's an overall thing and a symbol for how you interact, I totally understand wanting to keep your distance. Do what's right for you.

I've tried and like all of those. My staples from Nashua are:
cocomint cream pudding/drink from weight loss systems (Lisa got me into making it into a hot chocolate and I have it every day, yum!)
proti diet vanilla wafers (restricted b/c of fat content)
proti thin mocha wafers (restricted, fat and calories, but these are my absolute have)
WLS pretzel twists (unrestricted)
caramel peanut coated soy snacks (restricted)
chocolate coated soy snacks (restricted)

I've tried probably a majority of their products. I'm not a big fan of the bars but most other stuff has been good.

I've been thinking about this, too. I have read a lot about PSMF diets (I have a lot of time on my hands these days..) and have come to the same line of thinking. I would much rather "power through" but I'm considering going until May, phasing off for a month or two and trying maintenance, and getting back to it.
Thank you for your suggestions. I too am not really a huge fan of the bars...they are mediocre at best to me. I much prefer the chips or drinks to the bars. I accidently ordered the health smart apple/cinnamon oatmeal and not the cereal darn it. Have your tried this?
Closed Thread