Old 03-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #1  

Default Do you buy individual packets or boxes

My IP coach sells by the box, a friend of mine on the east coast can buy by the packet. How do you buy yours? When you buy by the box, what do you buy for the week?
jbrand29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

My clinic allowed individual packets, I am using alternatives now but when I was buying the packets, I usually chose omelettes, choc soy puffs or the bars and choc pudding. I could not stand the soups! I also liked the rotini pasta and the shakes. The reason I chose the omelettes and puddings or pasta was because I thought them to be the most filling...i was so scared of being hungry!

My trick now that I am using alternatives (protein shakes/Pudding and proti life bars) is that I eat every 2 hours and I don't feel hungry at all.

B: Egg white omelette
S: Protein Pudding
L: Protein Bar
S: 2 cups raw veggies
S: Protein Shake
D: 6oz protein and salad with 2 cups veggies

I've been on this program since 11-2-2014 (20 days) and was consistently loosing about 0.5lbs a day as per my home scale....i had a little stall for 2 days because i experimented with 8oz of protein in the evening and ended up putting on 2 lbs over the course of those 2 days, probably water weight, but went back down to 6oz and now back on track....so this is the right formula for me it seems Best of luck!
jasmine354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

My clinic sells by the packet but when there's something I know I like, I will buy a box. Each week, I bought and extra box or two to keep some variety. I now have about a 7 week supply in my pantry!!!!

I'm kind of a creature of habit, so I usually buy full boxes unless there is a new item I want to try.

I know it's expensive, but I like being able to choose what I'm going to eat and not waking up on day 7 with only 3 packets left. I look at is an investment, and less I will have to buy in phases 2 & 3.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

The clinic I go to sells by the packets. This is only my second week, so I'm still trying-out the products. The last time I bought boxes of my favourite items plus packets of others.. I also want the variety so I don't just buy what I need... it is really getting expensive, so I'm looking into alternations as well.
Chicnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine354 View Post
My clinic allowed individual packets, I am using alternatives now but when I was buying the packets, I usually chose omelettes, choc soy puffs or the bars and choc pudding. I could not stand the soups! I also liked the rotini pasta and the shakes. The reason I chose the omelettes and puddings or pasta was because I thought them to be the most filling...i was so scared of being hungry!
Hi Jasmine,

Glad to have found someone from my town!

Besides the bars, which products do you use for alternation? I was cheking to buy online, but worried that the shipping costs will equal what we pay at the clinic... lol

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I can buy individual packets, but need to buy at least 21 for a slightly better price. I used to buy 3-5 extra packets per week until I had a stock of extras so I always have lots of choices.

Now I use alternatives and some IP products, but still always have extras on hand for choices all week long.

Last edited by JLUS; 03-03-2014 at 08:09 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I can buy individual packets, but need to buy at least 21 for a slightly better price.
They're all the same price where I go... no deals on boxes vs packets.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2 1/2

I buy individual packets but if I buy 7 of something, they usually just give me the box. I have a box of chocolate drink, every week. Whether it's the packets or box, it comes out to the same price.
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

When I started IP in 2011 I could buy individual packets but had to buy them in sevens. For example, I would buy 3 omelets, 2 puddings, 2 chicken noodle soup for a total of 7 packets (1 box). Each week I would end up with 21 packets total and was charged for 3 boxes of products.

The last time I went to stock up on a few things, I was told they could no longer sell by the packet but could only sell whole boxes because corporate insisted they sell them that way. So if your clinic is allowing you to purchase items by the packet you are very fortunate. Some clinics will allow it for the first couple of weeks so you can try lots of items but then expect you to purchase whole boxes from then on.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post

The last time I went to stock up on a few things, I was told they could no longer sell by the packet but could only sell whole boxes because corporate insisted they sell them that way. So if your clinic is allowing you to purchase items by the packet you are very fortunate. Some clinics will allow it for the first couple of weeks so you can try lots of items but then expect you to purchase whole boxes from then on.
Of couse they sell more this way... another reason to look at alternatives! lol
Old 03-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

My clinic sells individual packets. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
smallerin2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #12  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

My clinic just recently changed coaches. The coach I used to have allowed individual packets, but said that it really wasn't allowed since they aren't labeled for individual sale, which is a requirement by the FDA. She was let go recently and the "old" coach became the coach again. She will not sell by the packet, full boxes only. I complained about it and she checked up higher than her and was confirmed that by FDA rules, they are not allowed to sell that way. She is a "by the books" kind of gal.

However, she has quite a stash of "returns" that she pulls out of inventory. So, if I buy box of something and decide I only want 3 of them, I can take the other 4 packets in and pick 4 other packets from her stash...as long as there is something in there that I want.

She did tell me that IP is coming out very soon with the most popular products packaged for individual sale.
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-8"

I know there are some packets that are allowed to be sold individually now as they have the nutritional info listed on the back of each silver pack. In addition they no longer have the "this united not labelled for individual sale" printed on it. I saw a complete list of the products there is but I am unable to find it at the moment. Going through my drawer at work the only one I have that is listed like that is the Chocolate drink mix.
Its worth a look into if someone has time.
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-8"

Found it:
1. Ready-to-Serve Strawberry Banana Drink
2. Ready-to-Serve Mango Drink
3. Chocolate Drink Mix
4. Peach and Mango Flavored Drink Mix
5. Ready-to-Serve Strawberry Banana Drink
6. Ready-to-Serve Mango Drink
7. Wildberry Yogurt Flavored Drink Mix
8. Fine Herb and Cheese Omelette