Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/1 - Sun 3/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #2  

Slept in a little today (if you call 6:30 sleeping-in). Good morning everyone. Happy weekend!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Glad you had a chance to sleep in this morning, Lisa!

Have a GREAT OP DAY, everyone!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #4  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Lisa, you have to take advantage of the times your body allows you to sleep in, it's not that often for me so I'm jealous, good for you

So grateful for this forum and for all of us sharing our IP experiences, challenges and successes. There's no price-tag on any of that.

Typically the weekend is a hard time for me. There's minimal structure as there is during the work week so planning is key. I am still 100% with my experiment in not eating restricteds and I'm doing surprisingly well, the cravings are at bay and that's where I want them to stay.. This is not a forever experiment, just for as long as I can tolerate. I like it so far and will need to consult with the boards to get some advice on how to be creative with my non-restricted foods. The vanilla pudding has been really nice. I have yet to make a muffin out of the pudding so maybe I'll look into how to do that. So long as it's not too complicated, I'm alright. Cheers everyone!

Last edited by KareVT; 03-01-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #5  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Good Morning Everyone

Looks like March will come in like a lion and hopefully be out like a lamb. This has been such a long winter.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #6  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Good morning everyone!

Lisa, you have to take advantage of the times your body allows you to sleep in, it's not that often for me so I'm jealous, good for you

So grateful for this forum and for all of us sharing our IP experiences, challenges and successes. There's no price-tag on any of that.

Typically the weekend is a hard time for me. There's minimal structure as there is during the work week so planning is key. I am still 100% with my experiment in not eating restricteds and I'm doing surprisingly well, the cravings are at bay and that's where I want them to stay.. This is not a forever experiment, just for as long as I can tolerate. I like it so far and will need to consult with the boards to get some advice on how to be creative with my non-restricted foods. The vanilla pudding has been really nice. I have yet to make a muffin out of the pudding so maybe I'll look into how to do that. So long as it's not too complicated, I'm alright. Cheers everyone!
I'm very interested in how not using restricteds is going to go for you. I have one every day during the week in the afternoon while I'm at work. Because I don't have them at home, I don't have the opportunity to have another one when I sometimes want something sweet after dinner so I have a herbal tea instead. Because I'm still losing, I'm going to continue with this but may move to a week or two of no-restricted items when things slow down further in this journey. Good luck with this venture! Sending you good vibes!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #7  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
I'm very interested in how not using restricteds is going to go for you. I have one every day during the week in the afternoon while I'm at work. Because I don't have them at home, I don't have the opportunity to have another one when I sometimes want something sweet after dinner so I have a herbal tea instead. Because I'm still losing, I'm going to continue with this but may move to a week or two of no-restricted items when things slow down further in this journey. Good luck with this venture! Sending you good vibes!!
Hi RosiePosie

I will definitely keep you posted on how this experiment of eating no-restricteds goes and makes me feel throughout the week. This would be day 3 (started IP in August; took a little break and rebooted on Thursday). I found myself heavily relying on the sweet IP treat on a daily basis, almost to an obsession and I didn't like giving away such control. So, for me, it is time to reel it in.

I'm really impressed that you keep your bars at work and not at home, that is a terrific idea. I do the herbal tea for dessert as well and that wraps up the day and is a sign for me to turn off the kitchen light.

Hitting the boards more regularly is such a lifesaver. I'm happy to be back and thanks to all for being so inviting and encouraging!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #8  

I did P1 for 11 months, losing 90 lbs. The first 6 months, restricteds were a godsend. They helped me to feel not deprived. I typically preferred the salty,crunchy ones like salt/vinegar ridges, southwest curls, or white cheddar chips. I also had some Quest bars (I'm soy/gluten-free). Then, at some point, they started to taste like "more" and started to create cravings I didn't need.

Today I can have one if I swing into a GNC or supplement store and buy one. Having a box around the house is just more temptation than I want. It is funny. Off-plan foods in the house don't do that to me. Items my DH has around don't call to me. But a box of restricteds do. So I just don't keep them around.

If I want a treat, I make a zucchini muffin with a pudding packet (recipe in recipes #4). Or potato puree breadsticks (pretty much same recipe, just different pan)
Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #9  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

I had my first Quest bar last night. I am ready obsessing about when I can eat the next one today, but the box of girl scout cookies sitting on the counter doesn't bother me at all. Very interesting the way our minds work.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2

It sounds like these Quest bars are causing people too much temptation. I had a look at them at GNC and decided not to buy any. They seemed a bit squishy like Play Dough or something lol. The texture seemed a bit strange. I will stick with my Peanut Butter IP bars. The peanut butter flavor and crunchiness are perfect for a treat IMO.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi KareVT,

I agree that there are times when the cravings or food just calls to you. Knowing how your body reacts to triggers is vital in making this our last "diet" and changing to a healthy life style.

I decided to only indulge in food for joyous reasons- not for stress, or boredom. This mantra or check in has been really helpful to me. I have needed to find other ways of dealing with my emotions, because Ben & Jerry and I dated quite regularly prior to IP. But, I found no joy in eating that pint, I was just comforting myself. I think that if we do not figure out other coping strategies, the cravings will win. I eat my restricted on the way to work in the am. Once it's done, it over because I only buy enough packets to last the week.

I wish you luck with your experiment and hope that you have an easy OP weekend.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
It sounds like these Quest bars are causing people too much temptation. I had a look at them at GNC and decided not to buy any. They seemed a bit squishy like Play Dough or something lol. The texture seemed a bit strange. I will stick with my Peanut Butter IP bars. The peanut butter flavor and crunchiness are perfect for a treat IMO.
LOL they do kind of have a Play Dough consistency. The strange thing is that's why I like them...they take longer to chew and I really savor each bar. The cookie dough ones taste like cheating!

I am VERY excited, we are going to visit our puppy and his litter tomorrow up in NH. We don't know which of the 5 boys he is yet (breeder does personality testing) so I'm looking forward to lots of snuggles.

1912369_10202966478104299_1035085650_n.jpg
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

sunflwr: How did your interview go?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
The cookie dough ones taste like cheating!
I'd have to look again but I believe the cookie dough one didn't really fit the "mold" for a restricted. It worked for a "super" restricted (once/week). If I recall, it was due to fat content being over 30%

The info is somewhere in the Quest Bar thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
sunflwr: How did your interview go?
I think it went well, thanks for asking!! The nurse manager said I'd hear from HR within 2-3 weeks which seems like a really long time to me. Sounds as though there are a lot of candidates interviewing for ? how many staff nurse spots. The market is so tight in Boston for new grad nurses, I wouldn't be shocked if I didn't get an offer...but here's hoping!
Closed Thread