Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Lots of snow here and still snowing! Everything is closed so I could not go to my WI. But I had some lab work done and my liver enzymes are SUPER high. Before I started the diet they were fine. Just got off the phone with my Endocronolgist and he had me get off some drugs to see if it was that. Has anyone else have this since starting IP? I have never had liver issues before.

I will get tested to rule out hepatitis but we dont think it is that. He said if I have a fatty liver I will most likely have to stop IP because the high protein could be aggravating it. Little stressed but being proactive about it. Have to see my other Drs too to see what could be going on.

Did some searches on here and internet but nothing major. My coach did tell me they can be elevated but since Feb 2, 2014 they have more then tripled!!!! OY

I will also start to eat more chicken and fish. I was having red meat about 5xs a week. Will keep u posted.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Lucci,
The coaches at my center (which means nothing because every one has different "rules") says that you should limit red meat to twice a week, salmon to once a week, and rotate the other protein options. I haven't had my levels checked since starting, beginning to wonder if I schools schedule with my doc to be on the safe side.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Luccilove, so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. My blood work came out fine, in fact they were really happy because my very deficient iron levels are normal now.

My clinic limits red meat to twice a week. I have it 1-2 times per week. Have never been a huge fan. Hope the switch helps for you. (Meds and protein variety)

Hope you make out okay in the snow, I had heard you were getting up to 10 inches

They sent me home from school, I think I am getting a stomach bug. Headache, queasy stomach and a bit faint. Could also be side effects from taking the water pill every day, which just started. Time will tell. For right now, I am grateful for my school secretary for always taking care of me.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii: thanks for the kind words.

Lucci: Hopefully you can get everything figured out soon. Keep us posted.

Slip: Feel better soon.

The difference between who you are and who you want to be...is what you do.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
He said if I have a fatty liver I will most likely have to stop IP because the high protein could be aggravating it.
Interesting...everything I've read says that CARBS aggravate fatty liver (or excess protein, which we don't get on IP)
Old 03-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Wahooooooooo!!!!!!!

Ok... so I totally get that this isn't "Official", but I stepped onto the scale today, and LOOK!!!!!! I know there's a glare, and you can't read it well, but it says ***292.5***!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!! I made "Twoderville"!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1101.jpg (31.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #22  

Kawaii: You didn't make twoderville, you are firmly planted in it, but not staying in the 290's for long I am sure!! Way to go girl!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Ive also been doing IP since October, 2013. Since then, everything was going great until I hit my plateau 3 months in. It really depressed me, and I started to wonder if I would ever get out of it. I had a loss last week, and hoped and prayed that the rollercoaster wouldnt start up again. Well, I got on the scale this morning, and found that I FINALLY MADE IT OUT OF THE 200S!!! I am now in ONEDERLAND!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Ok... so I totally get that this isn't "Official", but I stepped onto the scale today, and LOOK!!!!!! I know there's a glare, and you can't read it well, but it says ***292.5***!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!! I made "Twoderville"!!!
Wahooo!!!!! Thats awesome!! Keep it up and soon, youll join me in onederland!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

We probably got about 7 inches of snow. We might be the coldest tonight/Tue since I think the 1940s!!! This time of year it is suppose to be 50 degrees in DC and it is like 10-18 here!!!

Slipfree--Feel better

Kawaii-CONGRATS to u!!!

My clinic never said anything about limiting red meat. I know about the tuna and salmon once a week. Before IP I did not eat alot of red meat. I will start eating more chicken and fish/seafood

My endo is trying to get me off some meds to see if this is the cause before we start messing with the IP diet. My sugar is great since being on the diet. A1c is almost normal at 5.8!! Before the diet it was 6.7.

I will be DEVASTATED if I have to quit IP. It is the only thing I have known for like 6 months and it works for me. I will keep u all posted. I am going in on Wed for more blood to eliminate other problems like hepatitis - which I dont think I have. As of now I have no symptoms of anything or pain.

So a friendly message to everyone - if you have not had blood work in a while since being on IP I recommend getting some basics done like thyroid, liver, kidney, and cholesterol (mine went up since being on IP as well).
Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #26  

OMG! Kawaii had moved to Twoderville!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #27  

Hi,

Just woke up. Pretty sure it is a migraine, not a bug. Have to figure something out for dinner and I am not the least bit hungry. Going to look, on the bright side, at least I am not getting sick.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #28  

Height: 5'2

Lucci - hope your test results come back negative for the fatty liver. I have my yearly physical in a few weeks and plan to get bloodwork done to check all the stats too. My clinic has never told me to limit red meat to twice a week either but I tend to only have it about 2x a week anyway because I like to mix it up. Chicken 2x, Pork 1x, Fish 2x, Beef 2x.

Kawaii - CONGRATS ON TWODERVILLE!!! All that walking def payed off! Wow!

Slip - Sorry you're not feeling well today Hopefully you can have a good sleep tonight and wake up good as new tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ladies, I am back. Went on an impromptu road trip. Drove 12 hours in a day. I brought a cooler full of food, and stuck to the program. I am still finding it so slow. 3 more pounds to goal. I am having trouble with the big "C". Have not gone #2 in 5 days. What raw veggies help with this. I do not want to bee taking pills and stuff for ever, would like to deal with it naturally. I already get all my water in?

Everyone seems to be doing well, awesome! I can't believe its been 6 months now, wow!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #30  

Scottysgirl: Congrats on getting to onderland! That is a huge accomplishment.

Lucci: When I started IP in Oct I started on P2, I don't live any where near a clinic. I have lost all my weight strictly by doing P2. So if the Dr won't let you do P1 anymore why not try P2? Don't get discouraged, one day at a time.

Slip: How are you feeling today?

Wine4me: I love road trips, great job planning ahead and staying on track. I have problems with the C as well. I have read on here that a tea called "Smooth Move" works well but I haven't tried it.

So my meds for my blood pressure that my Dr cut back on are water pills, so now I am retaining water, so WI tomorrow may not be as good as I was hoping. I am sure my body will figure itself out.
Closed Thread