3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

vacation questions and advice!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17

Default vacation questions and advice!

Hi all, ive been on IP since October. Been very strict with one cheat weekend the entire time. Ive been threw phase 2 & 3 without gain and actually lost another 1.5lbs. I started phase 4 and met with my coach yesterday and off to vacation today. Have definitely not been following IP and do plan on making healthy choices but will also definitely enjoy myself this 10 day trip to orlando & disney. Just curious what others have done in this situation. I plan on going back to the IP ways once back from the trip but do I go right back to phase 1 or is it appropriate to go to phase 2/3? Im accepting of the fact I will probably gain weight during this trip & hopeful most will come off within a week of back on track (water weight, bloat ect) but just interested in others opinions or what others have done post vacation..or even how much prop have gained during their vacations off IP. Thanks so much!
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,497

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
Hi all, ive been on IP since October. Been very strict with one cheat weekend the entire time. Ive been threw phase 2 & 3 without gain and actually lost another 1.5lbs. I started phase 4 and met with my coach yesterday and off to vacation today. Have definitely not been following IP and do plan on making healthy choices but will also definitely enjoy myself this 10 day trip to orlando & disney. Just curious what others have done in this situation. I plan on going back to the IP ways once back from the trip but do I go right back to phase 1 or is it appropriate to go to phase 2/3? Im accepting of the fact I will probably gain weight during this trip & hopeful most will come off within a week of back on track (water weight, bloat ect) but just interested in others opinions or what others have done post vacation..or even how much prop have gained during their vacations off IP. Thanks so much!
tlynne: Why are you planning on going off plan - you are on Phase 4 maintenance (me too) - that's your lifelong eating plan?! Get yourself on MyFitnessPal.com and you can easily track what you eat while you are on vacay. Just eat your favorite meals with protein, carb, and fat at breaky, eat a carb lite lunch with avocado, cheese, yogourt etc and lots of low carb veg (Chop suey is the first thing that comes to mind, with a greek yogourt for dessert - add your own Stevia & Vanilla extract). Supper can be pasta primavera (no parmesan tho), beef or chicken enchiladas with tomatillo salsa, Chili & rice with crudités on the side. Lot's of good choices!! You can make those choices and plan for success! Remember you do get one free day a week.

I had pizza for breakfast the other day (not a super loaded meat lover's of course) that I had baked myself. You can have combo foods like that for breakfast, not use up your free day and still lose weight - I am!

Remember to take protein bars in your pack or purse so you have a snack when you need to. I love the Curves Chocolate meal bars because they have lots of fibre, and a good amount of protein and cost less than 1/2 the IP bars. They make a wonderful dessert too - like a chewy brownie
I have faith you can do it - I did IP phase 1 faithfully while on a ski vacation in December for a week and lost weight.

Plan to give it your best shot - you really can do this!!

Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17

Default

I dont plan on coming off IP just know this trip will be more sweets and a bit more alcohol..I mean its disney who doesnt let loose alittle?! I still plan on following all ive learned but letting go and enjoying a bit on vacation..when back id like to go back onto phase 2/3 for a bit to loose any weight I may put on. But I didn't if id just be better off jumping back into phase 1 upon return for a jumpstart. Just looking for opinions. But definitely will be a lifelong IP girl. Ive learned alot! Just also want to enjoy myself on this once a year vacation
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hawaii69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 258

S/C/G: 193/155/155

Height: 5' 6

Default

I did a vacation as well while losing on IP. My coach phased me off for my trip. I spent a wonderful week enjoying myself without going crazy, walking lots,drinking lots of water but also eating what I wanted to. I was able to maintain during my week away. I had 10more lbs to lose so went right back to phase 1 the very next day that I returned,until I got closer to my goal. I am now phasing off more slowly. I am very pleased with how I did and my coach was pleased too. I hope this helps you! Have a wonderful time!
__________________
[/url]

Maintenance since March 2014
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,497

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

If you think you are going to gain more than 5 pounds, I'd definitely go back to Phase 1 - that's the plan when you hit your "take action weight". Just try to make as many good choices as you can and don't go with the idea that you are 'on vacation' so you may as well go crazy. Do lots of walking and whatever else active there is to do at Disney (never been interested in going but that's just me).
Hang in there and have fun without it being tied to food & alcohol
Fill us in when you get back...
Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17

Default

Ive been hesitant to post a response but im sucking it up. Had an amazing 11 day trip to orlando and definitely didn't follow any type of diet..had alot of fun and enjoys my time but came back and stepped on the scale witha 10lb weight gain..that was monday morning and I started back on IP phase 2/3 monday. Ive brrn ssticking to it and spoke with my coach today, we scheduled an apt for next wed and will go from there. She said to stick to what im doing for this week ad hopefully get some of the weight off and then if im stuck next week ill start on phase 1 for a week or two. Just very frustrated and annoyed. It was a blast dont get me wrong but I will never understand how it takes so long to loose but gaining is so quick! Looking back I definitely ate a ton and totally off the diet..so I do understand the gain..but i guess I cant beat myself up and need to just dmove om from here! Just hopeful ill take some of this weight off this week with what ive learned from IP and sticking to the low carb/sugar/fat and high protein plan which ive been strict about so far this week.. fingers crossed as its definitely added alittle depression to my mood lately and trying hard to not get too wrapped up in it
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Member
 
wildirishrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 78

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
Ive been hesitant to post a response but im sucking it up. Had an amazing 11 day trip to orlando and definitely didn't follow any type of diet..had alot of fun and enjoys my time but came back and stepped on the scale witha 10lb weight gain..that was monday morning and I started back on IP phase 2/3 monday. Ive brrn ssticking to it and spoke with my coach today, we scheduled an apt for next wed and will go from there. She said to stick to what im doing for this week ad hopefully get some of the weight off and then if im stuck next week ill start on phase 1 for a week or two. Just very frustrated and annoyed. It was a blast dont get me wrong but I will never understand how it takes so long to loose but gaining is so quick! Looking back I definitely ate a ton and totally off the diet..so I do understand the gain..but i guess I cant beat myself up and need to just dmove om from here! Just hopeful ill take some of this weight off this week with what ive learned from IP and sticking to the low carb/sugar/fat and high protein plan which ive been strict about so far this week.. fingers crossed as its definitely added alittle depression to my mood lately and trying hard to not get too wrapped up in it
Don't beat yourself up too much! You've come along ways! You've phased off the program which means you achieved your goal weight, correct? THAT'S FANTASTIC! So you gained 10 lbs. Now you know it and you're going to fix it. You are AWESOME!
wildirishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 464

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
Ive been hesitant to post a response but im sucking it up. Had an amazing 11 day trip to orlando and definitely didn't follow any type of diet..had alot of fun and enjoys my time but came back and stepped on the scale witha 10lb weight gain..that was monday morning and I started back on IP phase 2/3 monday. Ive brrn ssticking to it and spoke with my coach today, we scheduled an apt for next wed and will go from there. She said to stick to what im doing for this week ad hopefully get some of the weight off and then if im stuck next week ill start on phase 1 for a week or two. Just very frustrated and annoyed. It was a blast dont get me wrong but I will never understand how it takes so long to loose but gaining is so quick! Looking back I definitely ate a ton and totally off the diet..so I do understand the gain..but i guess I cant beat myself up and need to just dmove om from here! Just hopeful ill take some of this weight off this week with what ive learned from IP and sticking to the low carb/sugar/fat and high protein plan which ive been strict about so far this week.. fingers crossed as its definitely added alittle depression to my mood lately and trying hard to not get too wrapped up in it
Not to worry to much. You have the tools to get rid of it whether its tomorrow or in a couple weeks. Truly, to gain 10lbs you would have to have eaten 35000 calories which is a lot! I bet some of that gain is major water and bloat. Are you near TOM? Maybe you really gained a few lbs. Not to mention, they say people in maintenance usually gain a few lbs right away when glycogen is restored to process the carbs. You did start it right when you went on VK right? Don't fret. You are in control!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 626

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

This scares me! LOL I've got a big trip planned in June, my coach plans to phase me off for this, but I won't be at my goal yet, well my final goal, I will have met my first goal of being under 200. I am going to South Padre Island, it's my 3 daughters and I, its our first real trip, it's their first time on a plane and to the ocean. SO SO excited, but don't want to gain too much weight while enjoying. Hopefully I'll stick to lot's of fresh seafood and no butter! LOL
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
maintaining since 9/2013
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,220

S/C/G: 244/150/145

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
Ive been hesitant to post a response but im sucking it up. Had an amazing 11 day trip to orlando and definitely didn't follow any type of diet..had alot of fun and enjoys my time but came back and stepped on the scale witha 10lb weight gain..that was monday morning and I started back on IP phase 2/3 monday. Ive brrn ssticking to it and spoke with my coach today, we scheduled an apt for next wed and will go from there. She said to stick to what im doing for this week ad hopefully get some of the weight off and then if im stuck next week ill start on phase 1 for a week or two. Just very frustrated and annoyed. It was a blast dont get me wrong but I will never understand how it takes so long to loose but gaining is so quick! Looking back I definitely ate a ton and totally off the diet..so I do understand the gain..but i guess I cant beat myself up and need to just dmove om from here! Just hopeful ill take some of this weight off this week with what ive learned from IP and sticking to the low carb/sugar/fat and high protein plan which ive been strict about so far this week.. fingers crossed as its definitely added alittle depression to my mood lately and trying hard to not get too wrapped up in it
I had a similar experience around the holidays: phased off in Sept, then gained 12 lbs btwn thanksgiving & Christmas. Tho for me, 4 weeks of indulging made it no mystery where the weight came from.

I think your weight is likely a lot of water and should come off pretty quickly. Don't panic. Since phasing off, I have found that whatever corections i need, I'm more successful when I do it gently, as too much calorie/carb restriction triggers me to overeat. Then it's a seesaw between rigorous P1 and bingey fun days. If you are happy on P2, or even need p3 to feel satisfied, I'd suggest staying there to get the weight off rather than P1. It's like putting the first dent in a new car. And once you see that you can get back on track, you will be more relaxed going into maintenance. Good luck!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17

Default

amber.. dont stress! as i said i phased off for this trip and i knew i would probably fall off the diet for the vacation. but like i said it was WORTH it. once being 250lbs and now 165 i know i will never allow myself to get back to that starting weight, however will i ENJOY life..yes. you cant be too hard on yourself because youve made the choice to lose weight youve stuck to a plan and its working! the few holidays and vacation days out of an entire year will not set you back! there were absolutely smarter choices i could have made, but who knows how much it would have truly effected the end result anyways. i am back on track and agree with mars with the comment of sticking to what works afterwards! i know going back to phase 1 wouldnt be something id stick too, phase 2 is working for me. and again everyone is different. the key to whatever your doing is ENJOY.. its a lifelong process! and vacations and slip ups are part of life too
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #12
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 626

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynne88 View Post
amber.. dont stress! as i said i phased off for this trip and i knew i would probably fall off the diet for the vacation. but like i said it was WORTH it. once being 250lbs and now 165 i know i will never allow myself to get back to that starting weight, however will i ENJOY life..yes. you cant be too hard on yourself because youve made the choice to lose weight youve stuck to a plan and its working! the few holidays and vacation days out of an entire year will not set you back! there were absolutely smarter choices i could have made, but who knows how much it would have truly effected the end result anyways. i am back on track and agree with mars with the comment of sticking to what works afterwards! i know going back to phase 1 wouldnt be something id stick too, phase 2 is working for me. and again everyone is different. the key to whatever your doing is ENJOY.. its a lifelong process! and vacations and slip ups are part of life too
This is true! I don't want to live my life in fear of eating, but I don't ever want to weigh 250 again, and once I get under 200 I hope to never see a 2 in front of my weight again...
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17

Default

I was the exact same way and still have hard days! Like I said its a life long process but you've made the first step amd stuck to it! I lost the first 60 on my own.. it took years and I had fluctuations but I did it..I started ideal and wanted to loose a bit more which I was able to do but better more ive LEARNED..its life there will always be fluctuations its learning how to deal with them that is an amazing tool! Even being a nurse and thinking I knew alot about nutrition I was still able to learn a ton and apply it to my everyday life. Just remember what you are learning, have fun, and enjoy..because life is too short not to! If your miserable on a diet the odds are you wont stick to it so make sure you can do it and enjoy yourself doing it, even if that means theres a slip up
tlynne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2