Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #121  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I purchased an inexpensive mandolin at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10. Works great. It does julienne and other slices.

Last edited by ColoradoCarol; 02-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I purchased an inexpensive mandolin at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10. Works great. It does julienne and other slices.
I read this and thought "What the heck? A musical instrument at Bed Bath & Beyond?" Then read the next line... "mandoline" I know I'm picky - not being snarky
Old 02-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Hey All
I am very interested in doing IP but there are no clinics that do it where I am living. Any tips from seasoned IP people on how to do it yourself?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Well it shows it helps to be prepared. We got stuck coming back from Chicago on Amtrak for 2 extra hours because our train was DOT(dead on track). I had stuck a Quest bar in my purse just in case and it came in handy to make sure I did not get over hungry. Now at home eating a nice leafy salad with chicken on it!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #125  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I had my weekly weigh-in today after a really crazy week. I lost almost 4 pounds!! I'm so happy. I didn't lose much at all last week, so this helped make up for that. I wasn't sure what to expect, being that I ate out 4 of the last 7 days.

Yesterday marked 2 months since I started IP. I have lost over 27 pounds and I weigh less now than I have in many years. It feels great. My measurements have fluctuated being that I've had two different coaches and they measured differently. But, I've lost roughly 5 inches from my waist, 6 inches in my hips and 5 inches from each thigh. I've also lost 4% body fat. I'm super happy with those results in two months. I know I still have a ways to goal, but it's so cool to look at those results and realize that this lifestyle change has been so beneficial for my overall health already. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing really, either. I'm making a positive change that will last a lifetime.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I had my weekly weigh-in today after a really crazy week. I lost almost 4 pounds!! I'm so happy. I didn't lose much at all last week, so this helped make up for that. I wasn't sure what to expect, being that I ate out 4 of the last 7 days.

Yesterday marked 2 months since I started IP. I have lost over 27 pounds and I weigh less now than I have in many years. It feels great. My measurements have fluctuated being that I've had two different coaches and they measured differently. But, I've lost roughly 5 inches from my waist, 6 inches in my hips and 5 inches from each thigh. I've also lost 4% body fat. I'm super happy with those results in two months. I know I still have a ways to goal, but it's so cool to look at those results and realize that this lifestyle change has been so beneficial for my overall health already. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing really, either. I'm making a positive change that will last a lifetime.
that should cover it LOL
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #127  
IP Start 10/02/2014

S/C/G: 167 / 154 /135

Height: 5"6

Hi everybody! I started IP almost 3 weeks ago and have been following this forum religiously every day since! I love it.
Would love to hear from people who are/were a similar size starting weight/height to me to learn how quickly you found your weight loss, and how far you've managed to go.
I have stayed 100% OP and lost 8lbs on W1, and only 1lb on W2. Hoping for a slightly better week next week, and am committed to staying 100% OP!
Thanks again for all of the help you've all provided me from this forum!

Victoria
Old 02-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #128  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
that should cover it LOL
Thanks Sarah!! Off to have a cup of coffee...
Old 02-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface678 View Post
Hi everybody! I started IP almost 3 weeks ago and have been following this forum religiously every day since! I love it.
Would love to hear from people who are/were a similar size starting weight/height to me to learn how quickly you found your weight loss, and how far you've managed to go.
I have stayed 100% OP and lost 8lbs on W1, and only 1lb on W2. Hoping for a slightly better week next week, and am committed to staying 100% OP!

Victoria
Welcome! We're very similar in starting weights and goal weight although I'm a bit taller than you. I'm in my 3rd week now (week 3 weigh in tomorrow). Your losses are fantastic! I'm using alternative products and weighing in at home and I'm losing steadily but slowly compared to some others on the forum. Down 6 pounds in two weeks and hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface678 View Post

Victoria
Hi Victoria,
I think my stats are similar to yours. I think you are doing great! I started low carb before going on this diet, but you have done in two weeks what it took me a month to do. My weight loss was 3/3/0/3 for the first 4 weeks. Hang in there and congrats on a great 2 week loss!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #131  
IP Start 10/02/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Welcome! We're very similar in starting weights and goal weight although I'm a bit taller than you. I'm in my 3rd week now (week 3 weigh in tomorrow). Your losses are fantastic! I'm using alternative products and weighing in at home and I'm losing steadily but slowly compared to some others on the forum. Down 6 pounds in two weeks and hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow!
Thank you so much! Well done on your fantastic results also! I look forward to going the rest of the journey together
Old 02-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #132  
IP Start 10/02/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Hi Victoria,
I think my stats are similar to yours. I think you are doing great! I started low carb before going on this diet, but you have done in two weeks what it took me a month to do. My weight loss was 3/3/0/3 for the first 4 weeks. Hang in there and congrats on a great 2 week loss!
Thank you for your reply and kindness - I appreciate it! Congratulations on your success too!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Thanks Sarah!! Off to have a cup of coffee...
Do you like those? The caramel is my fav. followed by hazelnut. The French vanilla was so-so to me.

I make 1 iced coffee a day in the AM using the caramel flavor and I am good to go!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

I just wanted to give you all a "heads up." I had my blood tested recently, and the results were my potassium was too high. I take potassium pills that IP recommends, but I must admit I don't take them faithfully....Just when I remember. According to the doctor, high potassium levels can cause heart issues and stroke. So don't just take that potassium without being monitored. I think it could potentially be a dangerous thing. I will stop taking potassium.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #135  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
My husband told me that he wants to take me on vacation to Costa Rica or the Virgin Islands for a week at the end of March. The first thing I say is "I don't want to go off my diet." I think I have a problem :-)
How awesome! I think the same way... Of course, you could stay OP while away. Otherwise, could you go a little later in the season after you are closer to goal? Whatever you decide, you know that you have the tools to take care of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Well it shows it helps to be prepared. We got stuck coming back from Chicago on Amtrak for 2 extra hours because our train was DOT(dead on track). I had stuck a Quest bar in my purse just in case and it came in handy to make sure I did not get over hungry. Now at home eating a nice leafy salad with chicken on it!
It soooo helps to be prepared! Glad you made it home safely. That must have been a little scary!

Quote:

Congrats! Amazing losses! Keep it up!

~Renee
Closed Thread