Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

It was not scary, just boring. I read a whole book.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I have another crazy weekend coming up. I am hosting family for my daughters birthday and will be preparing and cooking up a storm. I am roasting my chicken now so I have it for the next several days. I am not planning to eat any of the food that I am preparing as it is not really IP friendly. Next weekend we have a baptism that we are godparents at. This weekend and next are super crazy and then we have a bit of a lull before Easter. I was so exhausted from being at two parties last weekend, I wonder how I will feel after this weekend.

I had two NSV todays, so that should keep me motivated. A woman at work said to me that whatever I am doing seems to be working as I am looking good. I have also had people comment on my skin in the past week, saying that I glow. Must be all the vitamins that I am taking. The best NSV was from my father in law. He never met a skinny woman that he liked, so when I came to get the kids after work today he said to "what have you done to yourself?" (not that I am skinny right now). I take that as a huge compliment as I get really worried when my inlaws compliment my looks. That means I am really packing it on. LOL My parents are completely opposite, but my in laws and parents are off different generation so that is understandable.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Paderno Spiralizer for zucchini noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I would love to know how to make zucchini noodles. Please let me know the nuts and bolts. Thanks!!!
Stacyhay: You can get one of these gadgets at Amazon, usually under $30.00, when they go on sale. They make wonderful zucchini noodles and I have also used it to make cucumber noodles for a salad. If you look up "how to make zucchini noodles with a spiralizer" on Youtube, you can see how easy they are to use.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

I just use my mandolin with a julienne blade, it's so great! I think mine was under $30 as well. Between that a broccoli slaw, I have not had any problems getting my veggies in lately!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #140  

When I first started IP it was expensive. First the startup cost and cost of IP brand. Then all the gadgets. I bought a mandoline (thanks to who ever pointed out the slicer had a different spelling), a julienne peeler, a magic bullet. I already had a vitamix and a stand mixer.

Far and above, my most-used, easiest-cleanup gadget since starting IP is my stick blender. I use it for mashed cauli, for mixing my pudding muffins, for making mayo for DH, and for blending my rhubarb jello. I use it so often, it's one of the items we hand wash unless the dishwasher is being run immediately.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning.
Never thought about a stick blender. Think I might invest this weekend. Lisa, hows your stall going? Ive been stuck for months now. Phased off before the holidays and back to phase 1 right before the new year. I had gained a few lbs in maintaince, ive since list those but no additional movement...these last few lbs are torture.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I know many of you use MiO but are trying to not to use so much sucralose. I just got an email from Netrition. Sweetleaf, the company that makes liquid stevia drops, just came out with a stevia-based water enhancer. Thinking I may give it a shot.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #143  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I know many of you use MiO but are trying to not to use so much sucralose. I just got an email from Netrition. Sweetleaf, the company that makes liquid stevia drops, just came out with a stevia-based water enhancer. Thinking I may give it a shot.
Let us know if you like it. Mio kicks my reflux up something fierce so I've been avoiding it so it would be nice to have something else to use.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning.
Never thought about a stick blender. Think I might invest this weekend. Lisa, hows your stall going? Ive been stuck for months now. Phased off before the holidays and back to phase 1 right before the new year. I had gained a few lbs in maintaince, ive since list those but no additional movement...these last few lbs are torture.
You, me & ideal protein newbie!
The difference is that I won't subject my already compromised thyroid to continual p1 with no losses.
No loss (months-long stall, not days, here people!) shows the body has adapted so something must change. Body adapts by slowing metabolism. I'm focusing on maintenance and increasing strength. Hoping I'll be able to lose the last 15 in April-June. In the meantime, I'm getting hormone levels checked (adrenals, cortisol) and currently doing a candida cleanse and increasing probiotics. Contrary to popular belief, it really can be more than calories in/calories out. Our systems are complex.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I hear you Lisa. I think my thyroid meds are in desparate need of changing, I don't get bloodwork until the first week in April. Something is definitely going on with me. I use a Fitbit & MFP and I should be way lower in weight by now.

Today was my WI day and I was up 0.4lbs, but in this case it was because I ate dinner out last night and it was late. Yesterday morning when I took a peek at the scale, I was down 2 lbs.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but it is VERY hard when you are good, exercise and the scale is stubborn. I only walk 1 mile on the treadmill with no incline, because my ortho doesn't want more walking yet, but I also do light weights and bands to strengthen. My clothes are definitely looser

Congrats to all who are having wonderful Scale & NSV's and count your blessings that you are not in your 50's, post-meno and hypothyroid. lol

Below zero here this morning and -20 windchill. I guess March is going to come in like the Lion and out like the Lamb. Can't wait for Spring this year
Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Weigh-in #3 this morning....down 0.2. Pretty surprised since I've been 100% OP. Maybe I'll have a big loss next week?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I have another crazy weekend coming up. I am hosting family for my daughters birthday and will be preparing and cooking up a storm. I am roasting my chicken now so I have it for the next several days. I am not planning to eat any of the food that I am preparing as it is not really IP friendly. Next weekend we have a baptism that we are godparents at. This weekend and next are super crazy and then we have a bit of a lull before Easter. I was so exhausted from being at two parties last weekend, I wonder how I will feel after this weekend.

I had two NSV todays, so that should keep me motivated. A woman at work said to me that whatever I am doing seems to be working as I am looking good. I have also had people comment on my skin in the past week, saying that I glow. Must be all the vitamins that I am taking. The best NSV was from my father in law. He never met a skinny woman that he liked, so when I came to get the kids after work today he said to "what have you done to yourself?" (not that I am skinny right now). I take that as a huge compliment as I get really worried when my inlaws compliment my looks. That means I am really packing it on. LOL My parents are completely opposite, but my in laws and parents are off different generation so that is understandable.
I have to say that one thing that people noticed right away, was my skin! I think its all the water I started to drink and the vitamins and minerals and healthy food! Its a definate bonus! I'm feeling like these last couple of lbs might take a bit, the scale seems to be up since I last weighed. I am determined to keep going though. I start Phase 3 on Tuesday and I started a walking program on the treadmill. I plan to start running again when I hit maintenance and do a couple of days of weight resistance training. I look forward to that! And I need to tone!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am down 2.3 lbs this week!!! I have LOST 40LBS FINALLY!!! now to work on the next 5lbs then the next LOL.

Last edited by sarahBell; 02-28-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am down 2.3 lbs this week!!! I have LOST 40LBS FINALLY!!! now to work on the next 5lbs then the next LOL.
Yayy! Congrats!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Yayy! Congrats!
Thank you so much!

I think I am losing inches faster than the pound (is that possible??) all my pants seem to float around my legs and waist......I feel out of proportion KWIM?
But I am not complaining I am celebrating plus my beautiful curves are starting to show more and more each week (sorry I love to be curvy not a walking clothes hanger)

Last edited by sarahBell; 02-28-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Closed Thread