Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone,

Susie, I definitely had a body smell during my 2/3 week of IP and I am not someone that even sweats. It did go away. Water sounds like a helpful solution. Poor hubby, price he has to pay for a healthy, skinny wife.

Deanna, how wonderful that your kind spirit is being rewarded. You deserve it.

Vachinyc- happy for you that your whole world is changing. You have continued to work on your self and life is blooming, very inspiring.

Carol, you are so dedicated, I am glad that NSVs are coming your way.

Dlr, great job on the 100% OP. You are getting the job done.

Blondie, so nice to be rid of the larger sizes and to have them out of the house. Never going back is a great message for our minds.

Desertflwr- thank you for your kind support yesterday. Coming off BP Meds was the reason I started IP and to have it happen was a dream come true.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #47  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

I made the crispy cereal pancakes this morning. AMAZING! It's funny because I tend to eat the same IP packets during the week but I really like mixing it up in the weekends and putting more effort into cooking different things.

I was just doing some calcs and i worked out that I have lost 9% of my body weight. That is 9% less that I have to carry around and 9% less weight on my knees! Looking forward to those percentages increasing even more!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi all-- I love this weekend thread, I feel like I get to catch up with everyone. I had the craziest week, and did my best to stay on plan! One of my co-workers told me about the secret menu at panera,with a few adjustments that made my week easier. Congrats to so many successes on an off the scale, and for coming back for another week to everyone!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #49  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
CONGRATS!! You've been working hard and I'm really happy for you that you're getting some positive reinforcement. I feel the same way. It's so wonderful to SUCCEED with this. I feel like it's changing my life as a whole, not just my weight. Keep it up!
Thank you vachinyc. I have been working hard. The scale hasn't been showing as big of,losses as I would like recently so it was nice to have a NSV. My coach has said that my losses will slow down because I am closer to goal (about 30 lbs from the top end of my goal range).
Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 199/ticker!/135

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #51  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hi all, spending the morning with my love before I head out to work. I'll be host ingot he Eagles concert tonight. Kinda excited. Yes they are before "my time" but I've always enjoyed their music.

NSV wearing size 10 pants and a medium sized shirt
About 8 and some change lbs to go to goal.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #52  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow, lots to address this weekend! The boards are hoppin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Just came back from weigh in depite feeling bloated. I lost another 1.6.

Can anyone explain to me why my measurements are smaller than the first time I was on IP, even though I'm at a higher weight. I'm so puzzled about this.
Congrats on the loss! Your higher weight could be due to increased muscle mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I donated another 3.9 pounds this morning. (It's a two-week number since I wasn't here last week) Yippee! Nice inches loss this time too. 3.875 inches this week for a total of 44.625. Sweet!
Well done, especially with all the traveling! Thinking of you as you phase off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hello all, hope ya'll are well. Things are okay here. Personal issues are slowing becoming better. My honey and I have had a rough few weeks. But we are staying strong and moving past it all. I've been slipping, so today I am committing to 100%. One day at a time.
Thinking of you. Glad things are improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Finally (been in a major slow down, since mid Jan.) lost 4 pounds this WI! And... was taken off my Blood pressure med.,happy results this week.
That is some GREAT news! Congrats on being able to stop the meds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottnball2 View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but have been looking around for a few days . I did IP last Feb/March, but stopped because of the costs. Now I'm back to wearing the "big girl jeans"! This time around I'm trying the alternatives, which are much less expensive! Hopefully I can figure out how to navigate the forum, it's already been such a big help! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Best of luck with the alternatives. I have had great success using them- down almost fifty pounds since I started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareDog37 View Post
WI today...down 26 lbs since starting just before Christmas, averaging 2.5 lbs a week. At this pace, will be at goal by early May, well before my son's June graduation.
EXCELLENT! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Just got the mail. My son is older and had quit college without having successes. He went back to community college 1.5 years ago and his U of I acceptance to transfer to the U of I in physics just arrived. Goes to show you just keep trying to achieve a goal.
This is awesome news. Congrats to you and your son! Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
Today was closet cleaning day! I ended up with a big ol stack of size 20 pants and 2xl shirts. I posted on one of the Facebook groups I'm on and within 20 mins, someone had come to pick them up! Feels good to get them out of my house and no longer use them as a safety net. I have lost this weight and I REFUSE to ever see those sizes again!! Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in and I'm hoping to hit 30 pounds lost.
I love this! It feels great getting rid of those too-big clothes. Good riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Super day for me. I went shopping and got size 12 pants and large tops!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a 12.

So excited. Just makes me want to continue losing and get into smaller sizes. I already feel so much better physically than I did 70+ pounds ago.
Congrats! You are doing so well on this program! You are certainly an inspiration to others of us here on the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok most of you know this week has been nothing more than an emotional roller coaster for me. With my grandpa passing away Monday and the visitation and funeral yesterday and today, I was a basket case to say the least.
You have been in my thoughts the past few days. Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Just wanted to post a quick update.... I am the most blessed person on the planet... I havent felt this much gratitude in a very long time... Some people have really blessed me, including someone buying me some new clothes for professional development (interviews, networking, etc), and I feel great in my body currently, even though I know I have a long way to go still
Congrats on your progress, and thanks for sharing your positive, grateful outlook. Best of luck on your interviews, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena4791 View Post
Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well.
Love this! Wish it was still Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hi all, spending the morning with my love before I head out to work. I'll be host ingot he Eagles concert tonight. Kinda excited. Yes they are before "my time" but I've always enjoyed their music.

NSV wearing size 10 pants and a medium sized shirt
About 8 and some change lbs to go to goal.
Great NSV's. Enjoy the concert, too (as much as you can while working).

Enjoying a fairly relaxing weekend around here. Finishing up lesson plans today and some grading. We got some bad news re: hubby's job last week, so it has been stressful, but I think it will all work out. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty positive. Got workouts in this weekend and down another pound and a half this morning. Trying some new recipes to avoid burnout- hubby made veggie frittata last night...YUM! Stuffed peppers are on for tonight, with enough extra for a few more dinners. (He works some weeknights, so it helps to make extra, since I am definitely NOT a cook!)

Here's to a great week for all! Spring is coming!!!

~Renee
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Such Great things happening

I LOVE the EAGLES, say "Hi" to Glenn for me. lol
Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #54  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

This has been a very interesting weekend for me. I had my best friend visiting. I took her out to dinner after watching her son compete at the state diving meet. I stayed on plan...no drinks, no dessert, just protein and veggies. However, that evening, we got home so late, I was just not ready to eat my 3rd packet. Then the next day, I had a teen pageant in the morning, followed by more state diving, followed my a Miss pageant and then dinner out with everyone super late. I got home about 1am. I ate my protein and veggies out with everyone at about 11pm. Again, no 3rd packet for the day. I generally have it as a "dessert" in the evening, but with 2 late nights in a row...I hope I'm not too messed up. Got my water in and I think most of my veggies and protein, just 2 packets the last 2 days. Hope to get back on track today...and going forward.

I feel like when I mess up on plan, it's not be eating what I'm not supposed to or "cheating", it's by not eating enough. Not getting enough veggies, or missing a packet. It's been such an off week for me with traveling and then this busy weekend.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Do you ever feel that you should be awarded with a drop in weight after avoiding major temptation to eat junk? I stayed OP yesterday even though I had a party at my house during the day and then attended another party where there were at least 10 different kinds of home made pastries, on top of major dinner. I ate my file of sole and broccoli prior to going there so I was not hungry arriving at the party. I must admit that I was exhausted fielding drinks and numerous offers of food. Drank two bottles of water and 1 herbal tea
Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #56  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

ReenHag - I don't think of myself as an inspiration, but thanks. I have gotten so much information, inspiration and support from this site, I am unable to measure it.

Thanks to all.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Deana and Slipfree - thank you for your support and insight and sharing on this sight. I had a good OP day which is right now - day for day to get myself over a small hump and into ketosis again. I am planning for success this week, I have my stir fry made, and peppers and celery in baggies ready for grab and go. I also did some Chicken breasts in the oven so they are ready to eat after work!

I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.

WAY TO GO CANADIAN MEN's and WOMAN's Curling and Hockey, bringing home 4 GOLD.

Last edited by dlr9774; 02-23-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #58  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.
Sounds like an appropriate green treat for St. Patrick's Day coming up! Green smoothies for everyone!

Have a great week!
Closed Thread