Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbmonster View Post
Hello! I'm in Southern Maryland. We have a Mission BBQ down here now, too! I follow shakes as a supplement to low carb diet.
Hello carbmonster have you tried the Mission BBQ ?
What do you mean by shakes as a supplement ?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #17  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
So for alternates how do you make sure to get the required protein ?

Thanks for sharing !!!
I pretty much followed some of the recommendations on the alternative threads here on the boards. I have also compared labels of alt products to IP products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I am in the Frederick area and do a combo of IP and alternatives.. when heading out to eat.. I always check out the menu before hand.. most places will accommodate. I have even eaten at PF Chang's... :-)
There is a pool store in Mt. Airy that carries almost all of the Walden Farms products..(bbq sauces, syrups, sauces, jams, etc...its in the Twin arch shopping plaza.. off of 27.
Love PF Changs but have not been since on IP. I kmow they domsteamed veggies, like broccoli; which protein did you get and how was it prepared? My downfall at Changs would be steamed dumplings. Yummmm
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

At PH Changs I went with salmon.. off the gluten free menu..was the safest bet ;-)
As far as the pool store...lol that is what I thought.. but apparently the woman who owns the store was on IP and had a hard time finding the walden farm stuff.. so now she has a section in her store with walden farms and spices that are IP friendly. I bought this fajitas seasoning that is awesome.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

kcdoe-yes I got 5 of them. So excited as I have never used them. I dont drink coffee so I will put them in some of the packet recipes I bake - IE muffin stuff.

My WI was great-I lost 3.5 lbs. I am very happy about this!! Congrats on your weight loss as well!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 277/184/195

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Hey Bills thanks for jumping in !!!
Really Mission BBQ , I've never heard of them. Just did a google they look awesome, huge place, looks like they have a location in PA to. I visit my sister who lives in Pa and we go to York for shopping
I really don't have opportunity to go downtown Baltimore much, but googled those places they look cool.
Are you and your wife on the plan together?
Yep. My wife and I both started in August. So far, so good. We don't go out all that much but she goes out a little more often since she and a friend have season tix to the BSO so they catch a symphony every six weeks give or take.

Mission is pretty good. Kind of like a BBQ Greatest Hits.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
At PH Changs I went with salmon.. off the gluten free menu..was the safest bet ;-)
As far as the pool store...lol that is what I thought.. but apparently the woman who owns the store was on IP and had a hard time finding the walden farm stuff.. so now she has a section in her store with walden farms and spices that are IP friendly. I bought this fajitas seasoning that is awesome.

Snickers are you doing IP gluden free? My IP buddy's husband is also and can't eat all the IP food! Wow that makes it a lot more restrictive kudos !!!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #22  

Luccilove: 3.5 lbs WHOO HOO CONGRATS!!!! 5 what kinds did you get. You sound like me!! I have so many WF bottles my family is always yelling about how much space I take up in the fridge and on the shelves. I'll bet I have 30 jars and bottles. I'm always trying them and creating recipes. Lol lol but I am horrible I have to try them all

BILL : that's awesome that you are doing this together !!! Hey I started August also!!! Just reached 55 lbs whoo hoo. My friend that I started IP with is in maintenance which leaves me to lose the rest kinda on my own!! It's harder now that we are not eating the same ;( she's having a hard time also staying on maintenance without me. And her hubby didn't go on it till she was on maintenance. My hubby, who loves to cook has just recently started trying to cook things I can eat I believe he's missing having an audience for his meals!!
I am like your wife and have occasions to eat out. I get together monthly with my sister, we use to pick various restaurants and sit for hours catching up while eating and drinking ;(! Now we are trying to find different things to do when we get together! Oh and we use to love hitting Maryland wineries ;( ;( miss that most of all ;(.

So question to all. Any thoughts on what activities in the area we could do? She comes from Hanover PA so we often meet in the middle. Any thoughts?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #23  

kcdoe-I am crazy too with products. For WF I easily have 20 products in the refrig. I find most WF are better to add to stuff vs eating straight. The best product I think is the pancake syrup tastes normal.

Since I am on this for the long haul might as well try stuff. For Torani I got all sugar frees I got a small vanilla and reg sizes choco vanilla, smores, cinnamon, coconut. I got the ones that had 0 carbs vs the ones that had 1 or more Will try stuff over the weekend

I find Vietnamese Pho is great - there is beef, shrimp, tofu or chicken u can get in there. I get 2 cups of bean sprouts. I ask for more meet and no noodles. Had it last night very filling.

I have a sushi place in Alexandria, VA that make sushi rolls with no rice and they are wrapped in cucumber - it is perfect. They had lobster or salmon, tuna in there. Also I will have salmon skin salad and some tuna tuna tataki - all sauces on the side.

Ted Montana grill is very accommodating and they serve pickles for free. I like their sirloin and salmon. Some else told me Bonefish Grill is suppose to me helpful as well. I love to eat out. For a splurge I go to Brazilian restaurants Chima and Texas de Brazil- I know they have salt on them but sometimes they can add less on there for u if u request it. Also the salad bars are very good.

Last edited by LUCCILOVE; 02-26-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #24  

Lucilove that's me too in it for the long haul. Looking for products to use forever to replace the more fattening options I've never heard of those I'm looking them up after typing this they sound good. S'mores really yum
Sushi now your talking.... I love sushi but only the cooked rolls. I love to eat out also but do not do it as often because of the diet.
I'll be in the pursiville VA location in May for my stepdaughters graduation. Do you know of any restaurants in that area ?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #25  

kcdoe--I dont even know where Pursiville VA is! I am in Northern VA outside of DC. I made some recipe packets last night using the syrups they tasted pretty good
Old 02-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #26  

I know you have these stores near you also - I tried Trader Joe's already boiled eggs and they are very good. I have used them to slice on salads and make some deviled eggs and it is so easy. I am lazy and sometimes dont want to do alot of prepping. I just do a quick rinse and dry them before I use them.

Did alot of prepping last night (had to!) with my wonderful hubby - cut turnips for my fries (by the way cheapest place near me to get them is Safeway - only 99cents a lb) I find green zucchini around here is expensive. Cheapest places for me are ethnic grocery stores like Asian/Latino - HMart, Fresh Fit or GrandMart. Got some for 99cents lb
Old 02-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #27  

Dieting is expensive isn't it lol I still remember when chicken and low fat were cheap. ;( I've heard a lot about the trader joes but haven't been. My friend who is in maintenance gets her whole grain rice in ready to heat bags there. And she gets these chicken breasts in individual packets. Perhaps I'll ck them out this weekend!
Giant I find has the best selection of veggie cheese products. The Parmeson tastes just like the real thing to me! I use the mozzarella for my pizzas and the cheddar in my big Mac bowls lol
I found rite aid sells the stevia sweet leaf, neither Safeway or giant do in my area.
So sweet your hubby is helping even though not on the diet awwww that's awesome ...
So as you can tell I'm an idiot as far as direction lol my hubby says the GPS systems were made with me in mind. So northern VA is closer to DC and Frederick I take it?

Last edited by kcdoe; 02-28-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #28  

Oh and which recipe packs did you add the syrups to?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #29  

kcdoe- I also use the Trader Joes organic chickens in individual packs-they are great. We love Tjs they have alot of nice stuff there and it is not that expensive. If you go for the first time you need to take time to really look at stuff. My husband who is not on IP likes alot of their frozen entrees for him and they have unsalted tortilla chips, unsalted nuts, unsalted pretzels with peanut butter.

Are u talking about the fake or rice/soy cheese? I was told we could not have it. I love cheese - it is my downfall. Yes I am right over the water/bridge from DC. Frederick I think is at least an hour from my house if not more. That is I think NW of me.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #30  

MY FAVORITE recipe so far on IP

It took me a while to find this but this is by far my favorite IP recipe. It was from one of the IP videos. It is so easy to make and you can try all combos. I even bought the Whoopie Pan at BBB ($6.99) plus use your 20% off coupon and it is on clearance and it really makes a great unrestricted item. I made some yesterday and add some WF products IE strawberry, peanut butter, pancake syrups. So yummy. I have also tried it with the vanilla packet in a regular muffin tin also excellent. I also tried it with my new Torani Syrups.

"Double Chocolate" Cookies Recipe

By "Coach Mindy"

You are probably thinking, there is no such thing as an Ideal Protein cereal drink product. You are right; however, when you combine two products--Crispy Cereal and Chocolate Drink Mix, you can make fabulous, easy, filling non-restricted cookies.

I am going to give you the "basic recipe". You can change it based on your preferences. Try it with different syrups or extracts. Share the recipe. Pass it around. We can learn so much from each other!

Ingredients:

1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 Packet of Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix (Do not use Chocolate Pudding or the Chocolate Pre--Made. This recipe is for the Chocolate Drink Mix. You can make this recipe with the Vanilla Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix also. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.)
2 Egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1-2 teaspoons Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda. Also, there are many other Torani Sugar Free Syrups that would be delicious in this recipe--the choice is yours!

Directions:

This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.

Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you do not have this pan, bake in a cake pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. 1/2 the cake equals one product.
Closed Thread