I am laughing out loud at myself ... over a recipe that is too good!
So I've been taking a break from P1 for almost 2 months -- and 2 weeks ago I developed my own personal (Ideal Protein) Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is SO GOOD (no, not "so good", SO GREAT) that I got semi addicted to them and gained a few pounds. So I am going back on Phase 1. I can't be trusted with cookies around!
I have to admit that this cookie recipe I developed is outrageous --- problem is it's too good.
- It's Wheat Free and Gluten Free (LOW in carbs) NO Wheat or Grain flours.
- Has no added Sugar (the only real source of sugar is in the chocolate chips)
To dial back the sugar in the cookie, just reduce the number of CChips.
- Has TONS of Fiber (Oat Bran and Coconut Flour)
- Is high in protein (Tossed in an Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix)
- High in healthy mono-unsaturated fats (olive oil and nut flours (mostly almond and some hazelnut flour))
- Uses egg whites so there is no added cholesterol and more protein!
- Has Cinnamon which also reduces blood sugar and gives a great spicy kick
Actually the cookie is so low in carbs and sugar and high in fiber and protein that I bet your blood sugar wouldn't even react to it (if you just ate one or two that is)
The worst ingredient is cream ... and of course the choc chips themselves, which have almost all of the sugar in the cookie. I toyed with the idea of unsweetened choc chips, but I bet the cookie would be bitter in that case.
I tell you, after I made a few batches of these, all I wanted to eat was these cookies LOL
So anyway back on Phase 1 for me.
Sometimes it's bad to be so creative and inspired and genius about food recipes, esp when you are a food addict.
But the good news is I had a nice break from Phase 1 and didn't gain that much weight (in the scheme of things) during my 2 month "vacation" and can now start making more downward progress again.
Alexandra (a.k.a. Avalon1957)
Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-17-2014 at 11:56 AM.