Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #1  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Default I am laughing out loud at myself ... over a recipe that is too good!

So I've been taking a break from P1 for almost 2 months -- and 2 weeks ago I developed my own personal (Ideal Protein) Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is SO GOOD (no, not "so good", SO GREAT) that I got semi addicted to them and gained a few pounds. So I am going back on Phase 1. I can't be trusted with cookies around!

I have to admit that this cookie recipe I developed is outrageous --- problem is it's too good.

- It's Wheat Free and Gluten Free (LOW in carbs) NO Wheat or Grain flours.
- Has no added Sugar (the only real source of sugar is in the chocolate chips)
To dial back the sugar in the cookie, just reduce the number of CChips.
- Has TONS of Fiber (Oat Bran and Coconut Flour)
- Is high in protein (Tossed in an Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix)
- High in healthy mono-unsaturated fats (olive oil and nut flours (mostly almond and some hazelnut flour))
- Uses egg whites so there is no added cholesterol and more protein!
- Has Cinnamon which also reduces blood sugar and gives a great spicy kick

Actually the cookie is so low in carbs and sugar and high in fiber and protein that I bet your blood sugar wouldn't even react to it (if you just ate one or two that is)

The worst ingredient is cream ... and of course the choc chips themselves, which have almost all of the sugar in the cookie. I toyed with the idea of unsweetened choc chips, but I bet the cookie would be bitter in that case.

I tell you, after I made a few batches of these, all I wanted to eat was these cookies LOL

So anyway back on Phase 1 for me.

Sometimes it's bad to be so creative and inspired and genius about food recipes, esp when you are a food addict.

But the good news is I had a nice break from Phase 1 and didn't gain that much weight (in the scheme of things) during my 2 month "vacation" and can now start making more downward progress again.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-17-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Maybe while you are back on Phase 1 you can figure out a way to market the recipe and make a million dollars! It sounds like something to which the American public would respond?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Yeah, there are some things that are just better made in very, very small batches!

Those sound yummy though.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #4  
Serial Dieter

The ingredients are EXPENSIVE! I dont think it would be a money maker. I would have to charge $20 for a batch of 12 cookies (to say nothing of the time/labor) and who would pay that? But OMG they are outrageous and addicting.

In any case, once something like that goes "corporate" all these awful ingredients start sneaking in ... like PGPR, and all kinds of preservatives and additives.

Trouble with great tasting healthy food is if it tastes too good, it's hard to stop or control yourself (at least it's that way for me).

So much easier for me to stop eating ... when I am eating broccoli and turkey!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-17-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #5  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Trouble with great tasting healthy food is if it tastes too good, it's hard to stop or control yourself (at least it's that way for me).
That is too true for me as well! I can't even handle the IP treats but have to stick with things that taste "good but not TOO good." Like BBQ soynuts. I can leave those around forever though I like them. But even 1 IP bar or chips, and I will move like a programmed robot to whatever car trunk or locker in which I've hidden them. Same goes for really tasty regular food.

Good to have you back posting!

Last edited by mars735; 02-16-2014 at 08:00 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #6  
Serial Dieter

You hit the nail on the head mars. Like those Ideal Protein White Cheddar Crisps (a restricted food) - they just taste too good to me and are too addicting. Dangerous to have in the house. Having your food taste just ok, is sometimes a blessing as it's much easier to stop eating.

Shoot, I've been back on Phase One (P1) for only 3 days and I am already down nearly 7 pounds. I love those losses that you get on week 1.

You have to love a diet that works this well (if you follow it).

Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-17-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #7  
maintaining since 9/2013

Great to hear that MSV, Avalon! (major scale victory).

I've always admired creative cooks that can make a masterpiece out of scraps. I've watched co-workers perform and eat these miracles over the years. I finally realized that what works best for me is sticking to a series of repetitive good-but-not-too-good eating plans. I'll kick up my heels & eat the great stuff now & then. Reading your thread gives me confidence that I can do what it takes to maintain AND repair.

Last edited by mars735; 02-17-2014 at 11:04 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

We have missed you posting on here - glad to have your expertise and humor back on the site. Congratulations on the weight loss.

In regards to the treats like the white cheddar, I too have discovered that I cannot have them around yet. I learned from Lisa to limit how many I have available so that I do not fall to temptation. It will be a struggle when I reach goal to learn moderation but I will cross that bridge when I reach it.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #9  
Serial Dieter

Mars, love your pearl of wisdom on "sticking to a series of repetitive good-but-not-too-good eating plans"

Schenectady, You got that right. Moderation and control will always be an issue for me. The first step is realizing it!